Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxray

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 27, 2013
I’ve had the iPhone 13 Pro for a bit over a week now, and to me, this just has to be the perfect smartphone. It feels like this is the pinnacle of what this product should be.

It’s the most beautiful and premium feeling phone I’ve ever used. The screen is gorgeous and so fluid. It’s big enough to feel immersive but not so big it’s unwieldy or uncomfortable. The performance is the best you can get, and everything is just so speedy. The cameras are insanely good. Battery life is better than I could’ve ever dreamed. I love MagSafe and its ecosystem more than I ever anticipated - so many options.

I’m just SO happy with this device. I loved my XS Max before this and while I was looking forward to the upgrade, I didn’t expect to feel this appreciative or this much of a difference. It feels like the almost decade and a half of the iPhone and its refinements has led to this perfect product.

Apple, kudos to you. It’s a shame reviewers are marketing this phone as a boring upgrade.

wardie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2008
Agree. The only thing I would say aesthetically is that when I look at it lying face down sometimes I notice the camera lenses are huge - it looks more like a phone bolted onto a camera rather than the other way around. But as a keen photographer I love the new cameras sensitivity and 3x zoom.

Jetcat3

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2015
I agree 100%. It doesn’t get much better and it’s been a tremendous screen upgrade from my green tint, low contrast 12 Pro at lower brightness levels.

Y-octa, LTPO 120Hz Samsung AMOLED integrated with iOS is heaven.

The iPhone 13 lineup reminds me of the 6s lineup back in 2015.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
I don’t look in the iPhone section too much usually just because there’s so much to sort through. Is there usually this much love per model? Because I happen to agree—the 13 Pro Max is my favorite iPhone ever.

Give it a few months and it’ll die down again, it’s very similar every year lol.
The phones this year are awesome though!

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
Can’t argue with this especially if iPhone 14 is a redesign and they’re going high MP with the cameras which means pixel binning.

The 13 pro especially got about two years of upgrades alone. 13 max not so much given the 12 max had much better camera than 12 pro.

Also agree these are pretty much cameras at this point that run apps.

ThisIs🐵

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2021
Isn’t it too heavy for you all?
I am coming from 8 Plus.
I really like ProMotion display on my 13 Pro and the Macro Photography is great, but I also experience a lot of wrist pain while using this phone. It feels a lot heavier than my 8 Plus, even though it’s not that much heavier. (Maybe it has something to do with the centre of gravity caused by the camera bump?) And I constantly hit in the camera bump of the Silicone Case with my fingers. I also miss Touch ID.

Last edited:
Reactions: Diesel79

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I am coming from 8 Plus.
I really like ProMotion display on my 13 Pro and the Macro Photography is great, but I also experience a lot of wrist pain while using this phone. It feels a lot heavier than my 8 Plus, even though it’s not that much heavier. (Maybe it has something to do with the centre of gravity caused by the camera bump?) And I constantly hit in the camera bump of the Silicone Case with my fingers. I also miss Touch ID.

can't comment on the camera bump because on 12 pro but I manage with 12 pro weight - though im looking forward to Pro's being lighter hopefully next year. SS just adds too much heft and not worth the trade off considering its a finger print magnet when nude, and buried by a case otherwise 99.9% of the time for me

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
I moved from an 11Pro and agree it's a great upgrade. For me, it's a slightly bigger screen, great camera, and a great screen. Slightly preferred the curved sides of the 11, but not a big deal at all. I downsized a few genenations ago, and really like this size--I can one-hand when needed, but the screen is so sharp I have no trouble reading small text.

vinegarshots

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2018
I am coming from 8 Plus.
Im curious as to what people miss from TouchID? It was fine, but it also doesn't work if your fingers are wet (getting out of the shower, etc). FaceID is much faster and more reliable for me.

tis

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2020
So your perspective on perfection is a phone that includes a camera bump that gets larger every year, as well as overall weight increases? That doesn’t sound like perfection to me.

Most people don’t even need the Pro model and would be better off with the regular 13.

baummer

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2005
Southern California
I’ve had the iPhone 13 Pro for a bit over a week now, and to me, this just has to be the perfect smartphone. It feels like this is the pinnacle of what this product should be.

It’s the most beautiful and premium feeling phone I’ve ever used. The screen is gorgeous and so fluid. It’s big enough to feel immersive but not so big it’s unwieldy or uncomfortable. The performance is the best you can get, and everything is just so speedy. The cameras are insanely good. Battery life is better than I could’ve ever dreamed. I love MagSafe and its ecosystem more than I ever anticipated - so many options.

I’m just SO happy with this device. I loved my XS Max before this and while I was looking forward to the upgrade, I didn’t expect to feel this appreciative or this much of a difference. It feels like the almost decade and a half of the iPhone and its refinements has led to this perfect product.

Apple, kudos to you. It’s a shame reviewers are marketing this phone as a boring upgrade.
In fairness reviewers are comparing to the most recent version, which in this case is the iPhone 12 Pro and viewed through that lens, iPhone 13 Pro from iPhone 12 Pro is arguably a “boring upgrade”.

DenisK

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2008
I have a 12 Pro Max now, and quite often I dig out my iPhone 6 and just marvel at it. Isn't it a genuinely legit expectation that things were supposed to get lighter and thinner since then? Instead, somehow we are faced with these monstrous bricks now. They don't fit into jeans pockets anymore, tiresome to even hold up to one's ear for too long... I appreciate the new large screens, don't get me wrong, but even my 7 plus feels in my hand a light years lighter and easier to handle than my 12 max pro. Obviously, I am not upgrading to the 13...

Lukkee24

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2011
London
I moved from an 11Pro and agree it's a great upgrade. For me, it's a slightly bigger screen, great camera, and a great screen. Slightly preferred the curved sides of the 11, but not a big deal at all. I downsized a few genenations ago, and really like this size--I can one-hand when needed, but the screen is so sharp I have no trouble reading small text.
I’ve also come from an 11 pro (to a 13 pro) and I really miss the curved edges! (I don’t use a case, and I do often use the phone one-handed). Would love to see the curved edges make a return with the bezels slimmed down and a return to a lighter phone in future.

cardfan

macrumors 601
Mar 23, 2012
I’ve also come from an 11 pro (to a 13 pro) and I really miss the curved edges! (I don’t use a case, and I do often use the phone one-handed). Would love to see the curved edges make a return with the bezels slimmed down and a return to a lighter phone in future.

Agree. Don’t like the flat edges. iPhone X through 11 was good times.

barondebxl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2013
I agree although I’m talking about the Pro Max. I had battery issues but they were resolved with 15.0.1. The phone is fantastic

Reactions: Jetcat3

souko

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2017
iPhone 13 Pro is great phone for me too. It has great screen. I did not think that I will care about 120Hz so much. Blacks, contrast, colors are also great. Camera is next level, with some editing in Affinity photo really great. Love flat edges.

Coming from an iPhone 11.

collin_

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2018
I agree that it’s excellent. Smartphones are still getting multiple very significant upgrades annually despite all the myopic reporting about how smartphone innovation is basically dead and they’re already “good enough.”

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
I have a 12 Pro Max now, and quite often I dig out my iPhone 6 and just marvel at it. Isn't it a genuinely legit expectation that things were supposed to get lighter and thinner since then? Instead, somehow we are faced with these monstrous bricks now. They don't fit into jeans pockets anymore, tiresome to even hold up to one's ear for too long... I appreciate the new large screens, don't get me wrong, but even my 7 plus feels in my hand a light years lighter and easier to handle than my 12 max pro. Obviously, I am not upgrading to the 13...
The iPhone 6, the phone that created drama and controversy because of bending. I'm not surprised they went the other direction after that. Then there's the fact that wireless charging requires a glass back which makes things heavier as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.