The iPhone 7 IS Broken! Apple needs to RECALL these phones.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by entraik, Sep 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. entraik Suspended

I thought I had a perfect phone, until I heard the hissing. There should be a RECALL immediately! I wouldn't care if it was just a subtle sound you could only hear if you put ur ear to the back. However, this sound gets recorded into any video taken and is LOUD and obnoxious. It sounds like metal crickets/static in the top portion of the back of my phone.. probably an issue with the Intel chip or the new speaker placement.. It literally kills the video taking ability because the sound is riddled with nasty garbage noise... This is a design flaw and Apple screwed up big time. On top of this other people have countless other issues like bad screens, etc. Fortunately I got lucky there.. My brother and every other person I know with a iPhone 7 or 7 Plus have this hissing/static noise issue, along with countless message board posts saying the same thing. I'm returning my phone and waiting for Apple to address this, or I'm going back to the Note 7 as they've fixed the battery issue. They've released a broken product this year. There is no fanboyism here, just realism...

2. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502

QueenTyrone

Just get a replacement, if it persists then return and get your money back. First few batches of iphones are usually the messed up/rushed ones.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Usually recalls are reserved for safety issues. I'll reserve my judgement about this knee jerk post, but does it pose a safety issue?

4. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

5. Belgarath macrumors regular

6. First Post G macrumors regular

Samsung will do anything to get their name out of the press. smh

7. Stereo macrumors member

Doesn't bother me. The noise is barely noticeable on my 7. I did a video to check and all I hear is white noise no hissing, same goes for all my other apple devices (iPhone 5s, iPad mini 4, iPad Air 2).

8. entraik thread starter Suspended

It's clearly an engineering issue. If I don't get the hiss (which I highly doubt), I'll get a bad screen or whatever else is going on with these iphone 7's.

Clearly not as much as Apple is paying people on this forum lol.

9. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

The issue does not seem to Affect <3% of the units sold Apple will do nothing but quietly sold it on their own consumers are free to return the product if unsatisfied. No one is forcing you

And there will be NO recall. That being said.

I did recently hear the noise watching a famous Youtuber he was recording a trip and Yes it sounds like Metal Crickets captured in the Videos Audio. So it's definitely IMO a returnable issue.

FYI DO NOT Exchange the device Only do full refunds that way you can Buy and Return Rebuy 5 Phones if you just Do Exchanges Apple Allows 2 don't get stuck.

10. entraik thread starter Suspended

How do i know this sound isn't a ticking time bomb waiting to happen? This hiss could be the beginning of something worse.

11. Knockoutjosie macrumors 6502

Knockoutjosie

Tre fiddy

12. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502

QueenTyrone

13. Macshroomer macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

I just shot video on my 6 and 7+ of the same subject in my living room. All I could hear when the volume is all the way up is the white noise and the clock ticking. If anything, the 7+ picked up the clock ticking better which means the white noise to sound ratio is better than my 6.

And everything else is good too, no issues.

14. Zirel Suspended

Zirel

Reading throughout his history, it's clear he's a Samsung fanoby and an Apple hater, to the point of saying that ALL iPhone 7's are yellow screened, and to recommend people a Galaxy phone "by far".

15. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

You mean didn't right? Not trying to be nitpicking but it's just this particular typo means you don't have the hissing...

Don't be so dramatic, but I guess it's just so that folks will click into your thread; read it and reply right?

Totally fell for it

#RECALL gate

16. entraik thread starter Suspended

Hey clearly i've been on this forum far longer than you have to be a fanboy of anything BUT apple. However, Apple has slacked off BIGTIME and has gotten lazy in their QC...
    --- Post Merged, Sep 21, 2016 ---

Again, how much is Apple PAYING YOU to divert a real hardware issue with the phone is the real question here... lol

17. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

One of every 1,000 units are Quality Controll tested same as with the 6 and 6s.

18. First Post G macrumors regular

Do you even have an iPhone? Just stop.

19. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

I doubt you're more then a speck on their radar but no sadly...I wish.

Are you getting paid? Is that why you're posing this Q?

Just the verbiage you're using is clearly screaming drama.

But yes, sure, carry on.

20. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

No issues. Had a 7 for a few days and no issue yet with my 7+. Yellow screen sounds like night shift mode got turned on, doesn't it? Lol

21. CutterMech macrumors newbie

I did the exact same thing and they sounds totally different ....

22. entraik thread starter Suspended

Again, diverting a real issue.... Apple uses clever marketing nowadays to fool people more than anything. Once the phones are out they don't give two *****. Take the bending phones for example, they actually twisted the situation blaming consumers

23. lenard macrumors 6502

www.apple.com/support -- No Class Action Suits Permitted

24. entraik thread starter Suspended

lmao. i will be returning my phone for a full refund if the issue isn't addressed with my replacement. But people here clearly blindly defend Apple without logic which i find hilarious. No brains

25. rainafterthesun macrumors 6502

rainafterthesun

So let's make it real

Get a list of all the folks that currently is dealing with this issue.

If it's over 100,000 then it's a good enough number to prove you're talking "fact for recall" and that I'm truly "diverting" by calling out your BS,

You didn't happen to go to trump university did you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.