Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Following the premiere of mental health docuseries "The Me You Can't See" on Apple TV+ last Friday, Apple has today announced a follow-up discussion titled "The Me You Can't See: A Path Forward."

Oprah_Prince_Harry_Town_Hall.jpg

According to Apple, "The Me You Can't See: A Path Forward" is a town hall conversation hosted by the series co-creators and executive producers Oprah Winfrey and Prince Harry.

The one-off episode covers the themes and topics from Apple's multi-part documentary series, featuring commentary from experts as it continues its exploration of mental health and emotional well-being.

"The Me You Can't See: A Path Forward" premieres on Friday, May 28 on Apple TV+.

Article Link: 'The Me You Can't See: A Path Forward' Town Hall Conversation Coming to Apple TV+

Last edited:

tkaravou

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2020
Oh good, more ultra-wealthy celebrities complaining to me about their problems.
It's pretty ironic I gotta admit. They try to make it seem relatable and focus on how anyone can have mental issues and even celebs have a hard time asking for help. Lady Gaga did a great job with it, she said something along the lines of "I'm not asking for your sympathy, I just want you to know that it's okay to ask for help".

As a one hour documentary it was fine. I can't imagine sitting through six episodes of this plus a commentary episode.

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
The topic of mental illness is so important yet downplayed, especially in the USA. And from the comments here, I can see why. Mental illness is something that affects every socioeconomic class and culture but is still taboo to talk about.

I applaud Apple for bringing this discussion to the forefront. Hopefully using well known people as Oprah and Prince Harry will get attention to this vital topic.

Judo

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2002
New Zealand
Oh good, more ultra-wealthy celebrities complaining to me about their problems.
I don't think this is them complaining about their problems. It sounds like it's about them talking to people with expertise related to mental health. Something that is sorley under valued in the US.

I'm not a huge fan of Opera or Harry, but I'm a fan of people discussing mental health in a constructive way, so this looks like it could be a good thing.

DanTSX

Suspended
Oct 22, 2013
He didn’t renounce his title. He is prince by birth, it not a title given to him.
“Given to him.....”

Ah white waspy privilege......

Seen similar many times with generational wealth and privilege in nyc.....“Let’s call ourselves producers!”

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.