The Most Interesting Features in Samsung's New Galaxy Note 10+ Flagship Smartphone

Glockworkorange

macrumors 68010
Feb 10, 2015
Chicago, Illinois
That Browns short is really provocative. Baker Mayfield’s a punk and if you’re an Ohio guy, you should never forget or forgive the Flag Incident in Ohio Stadium.

#GoBucks

cale508

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2015
IL
It's still android at the end of the day and you can put a lamborgini frame on the ground but a pinto motor inside of it and you ultimately still have a pinto on the road.

Why are you guys even reviewing this on an Apple site?

Don't you know we are diehard apple fanbois who know Apple will never do anything wrong?! LOL
The same way droid-life website reviews iPhones.

cale508

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2015
IL
Friend's device a year ago, in the store for 20 minutes waiting on someone a couple months ago... It's not as smooth, don't care for the layout, and the hardware itself feels cheap and like plastic... Oh wait a minute, it WAS plastic on some of it and the rest of the materials just felt low quality.
Plastic? It must not have been a Samsung, but another manufacturer. Samsung hasn’t used plastic for few years now.

Burnsey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
Every feature on this phone other than the display is either half baked, gimicky, or mediocre:

• S-pen - gimicky
  • Infinity O - gimicky
  • 3D depth sensor - mediocre
  • Face unlock - mediocre, since it's only optical
  • Fingerprint sensor under screen - mediocre since its slow, unreliable, and data is stored in the file system
  • 5G - gimicky, it's not widely available, makes the phone hot, and drains the battery
And it runs Android. Forget the iPhone, why wouldn't I just get a OnePlus over this thing for half the cost if I wanted a big android phone?

Last edited:

Bawstun

macrumors 68000
Jun 25, 2009
Lots of angry Apple fans in this thread, LOL. Samsung adds new features to their devices every year. Apple re-uses the same design for 3-4 release cycles to cut costs and rarely adds a thing. That’s just how it is - worse under Cook, but was the same with Jobs. Part of the reason iPhone sales are tanking.

shanson27

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Nothing new, mess features like the 3D scanning, life bokeh video, s-pen gestures, fingerprint scanner ! :confused:

petvas

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2006
Mannheim, Germany
The Note 10+ is certainly a very good smartphone, but for me the iPhone remains the best choice. The level of integration with my other Apple devices is just great and the integration between software and hardware is unique in the industry. There are also apps that I rely on that are not available on Android, so there is no way I am getting an Android phone. I would just miss too much.

btw, the audio zoom feature was first implemented by HTC and worked really great. It is sad that nobody seems to mention that. HTC failed and got forgotten..

jjohnstonjr

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
That Browns short is really provocative. Baker Mayfield’s a punk and if you’re an Ohio guy, you should never forget or forgive the Flag Incident in Ohio Stadium.

#GoBucks
First things first you sound foolish. The kid was a college quarterback who was caught up in the moment. Imagine being condemned for everything you did as a youth. I am sure you did somethings that were frowned upon by those that were and are older that you did in your youth. Second, he is a Cleveland Brown now. I have a been a Brown's fan since I was four years old. Anyone helping the team I support and cheer for win is alright with me. GO BROWNS!!!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: MacNeb

Moonjumper

macrumors 68010
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
It’s not a phone I’d buy, but it is interesting to know where the market is at. Maybe we will see some of these features now from Apple, especially the video options.

Reactions: jjohnstonjr

jjohnstonjr

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2017
Cleveland Ohio
Every feature on this phone other than the display is either half baked, gimicky, or mediocre:

• S-pen - gimicky
  • Infinity O - gimicky
  • 3D depth sensor - mediocre
  • Face unlock - mediocre, since it's only optical
  • Fingerprint sensor under screen - mediocre since its slow, unreliable, and data is stored in the file system
  • 5G - gimicky, it's not widely available, makes the phone hot, and drains the battery
And it runs Android. Forget the iPhone, why wouldn't I just get a OnePlus over this thing for half the cost if I wanted a big android phone?
When I see fellow iPhone users bash Android/Samsung over things that iPhone has and then belittle it makes me cringe. I witness an iPhone vs Android debate in Barnes and Noble over two years ago. The guy arguing for iPhone was taking a proverbial crap on Android for the very thing iPhone had and has. How is 5G gimmicky when it is a freaking network that will be rolled out? It's not a specific feature that the phone or Samsung has. Smarten up! The fingerprint sensor is quite responsive if you watch the videos of it being used.

If I am being honest after reading MANY of the comments on this forum, I can see why some if not many Android users all but loathe iPhone users over their logic(or lack there of).

cardfan

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2012
Not sure why MR is reviewing bloatware phones from Samsung. That said most of the bloatware features seem to suck. Par for the course. Stick with reviewing actual android phones made by google if you’re wanting a better comparison to iPhone instead of worrying about Samsung’s bloated mess they’ve made with android.

Reactions: fourthtunz

Shanghaichica

macrumors G4
Apr 8, 2013
UK
Well, I am tied up in the Apple ecosystem, even if I wanted to switch, it would be pretty hard.
Completely agree. It’s a great piece of hardware with a lot of nice features, many of which I would find useful and I can’t get on my iPhone. However the problem with switching is that my phone doesn’t exist in a vacuum. It has to interact with my other devices, all of which are made by Apple. A non Apple phone wouldn’t fit into that system and there aren’t any viable alternatives for me.

Killbynumbers

macrumors member
May 29, 2019
It's still android at the end of the day and you can put a lamborgini frame on the ground but a pinto motor inside of it and you ultimately still have a pinto on the road.

Why are you guys even reviewing this on an Apple site?

Don't you know we are diehard apple fanbois who know Apple will never do anything wrong?! LOL
Apparently you haven't tried a Samsung phone recently. Things changed beginning with the S8/Note 8 where they became buttery smooth. They're just simply outstanding in performance these days. I have a Note 8, Note 9 and an S10+. I'm skipping the Note 10 this year because I've bought two many phones in the last two years.

In my pocket every day is my S10+, in my car is my XS Max for calls and music and on my wrist is my Apple watch. It's a great combination that works well for me.

mi7chy

macrumors 603
Oct 24, 2014
Love it or hate it but the iPhone is modeling after the Galaxy Note with OLED, phablet size, OS features and rumored pen/pencil support.

To a long time Galaxy Note user the 10 is an incremental update but coming from other devices it's the king of phablets. Probably the most unique feature of the 10 is the aura glow dynamic finish that's like a chameleon that changes colors according to environment/lighting so you're not stuck with one boring static color. Technically, I'd like to see addition of Windows 10 on ARM mode to complement Linux on DeX and eliminate the need for a laptop.

Reactions: iSilas and jona2125

jona2125

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2010
Been enjoying our units the last few days, I may end up buying one despite considering not, it's a nice phone to use in all honesty. Makes my Note9 and XS feel dated
[doublepost=1566598971][/doublepost]
No one ever says, “if only I could run Android on an iPhone.”
I have in the past and still would consider it even now. The iPhone is a very nice piece of mill-work, hopefully the OS catches up again. I would love to either have Android on my XS or iOS 9 at this moment in time.

Reactions: tf_dc

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
The Note 10 S-Pen is outstanding, it’s a nice tool to have it when you want/need it for precision/note taking/extra reachability, etc. As an iPhone user, this is what I would want to have built into a device, but I’m not willing to make the sacrifice away from iOS Just for that alone.