Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Beardy man

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Time for a thread of our own?

Anyway, first news not so good. I've just received an order update for my iPad(3) 32Gb WiFi Black (ordered 1:30am 08/03/2012):

Despite our best efforts and those of our shipping partners to get your order to you on time, we want to inform you that it will not arrive on its originally scheduled delivery date.
Your new delivery date is 21/03/2012.

At the same time it seems the store has stretched delivers to 2-3 weeks.
Anyone out there who pre-ordered still got a delivery on for the 16th (my original date)?

iDrew87

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2011
Belfast
Oh bugger! I ordered around exactly the same time as you, no email from Apple about change in dispatch date...yet and my account is still processing item for delivery for the 16th

Last edited:

RelentlessFruit

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2012
UK
Ordered around 12:30am on the 8th.

Confirmation email received shortly after (2am).

Just checked status - still showing delivery on the 16th for both of mine (32gb white wifi & 32gb black 4g):).....hope it stays that way!

funkymonkeyboy

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2010
Northern Scotland
I just got an email from apple saying that the delivery for the new iPad will be delayed until 21/03/2012.

Im in UK. I ordered around 0030 hours on 8th.

On website it still says delivery on 16th.

16GB Black Wifi.

Bugger.

mooty

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2006
UK
I've just received an order update for my iPad(3) 32Gb WiFi Black (ordered 1:30am 08/03/2012):

Seeing as the UK Apple Store was down pretty much until 00:00 I find it hard to believe that only 1.5 hours later the delivery date has slipped on yours.

I ordered 0900 on the 8th and haven't had the email saying I have a delay (32GB White) yet.....

Any customisations beyond just black iPad 32GB?

blamelewis

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Scotland
Same here: order confirmed at 0300 on 8/3/12, got the email a short time ago today saying it'll be delivered on the 21st. Booo!

And yet the order status page still says the 16th?

I also ordered a smart cover, Orange Sim and engraving. It's a 64GB Black Wifi and 4G.

mooty

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2006
UK
I think we should all prepare ourselves for the inevitable disappointment.

Probably over sold in the U.S. so we get the stink eye

tednol

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Ordered a Black 32GB Wifi iPad at 0:36. Received email confirmation at 02:10. Website still saying delivery on the 16th and haven't heard anything further from Apple. Order number is W2791068XX.

Fingers crossed it's an erroneous email people have received.

mvp2206

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2008
Southampton, UK
Ordered 64gb Black Wifi only at 12:30am on 8th March, received confirmation at 2:19am, and currently still showing as 16th March Delivery. Fingers crossed it stays that way!! Knowing my luck, now that I have said this the delay will come.....

iDrew87

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2011
Belfast
i just got my email there now!

My delivery has been pushed to 20/03/12 nnnnNNNNNOOOOO!!!! LOL!!

Ragequitface.jpg

DigitalJunior

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2012
UK
Don't want to speak to soon (but will anyway) - both mine still say 16th even though I only intend to keep one so will cancel the other when I made my mind up.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Still 16th here.

For the guys that got pushed back, where abouts in the UK are you?

Lastof

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
To quote what I said in the other UK thread:

EVERYONE PANIC!

I'll just add to the crys of everyone who hasn't gotten a dreaded email yet asking for order time, model, location, other items in order, and anything else that might be useful to help us hope we won't get one.

Has anyone tried calling the Apple support number to ask them for an explanation?

Hopefully my pre-midnight order is early enough that I should be ok. I posted here saying I was done at 11:51, so I'm putting an optimistic time in my head of 11:45 for my order. If that isn't good enough then I will not be happy.

Beardy man

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2007
Ordered a Black 32GB Wifi iPad at 0:36. Received email confirmation at 02:10. Website still saying delivery on the 16th and haven't heard anything further from Apple. Order number is W2791068XX.

Fingers crossed it's an erroneous email people have received.

Like your optimism!
My 32Gb Black WiFi is standard, no customisation, no additional items.
Ordered 1:30 on the 8th, confirmation came through 03:57 with a delivery of 16th.

Not sure why I'm getting a new date of 21 when there seems to be other people on 20th (having said that, my iPad2 arrived well early from initial estimates so let's see eh?)

Also - apologies if this thread duplicates others - I didn't see any similar threads when I started this one- probably too wound up from getting bumped!)

tednol

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Don't want to speak to soon (but will anyway) - both mine still say 16th even though I only intend to keep one so will cancel the other when I made my mind up.

My mate played a similar game with an iPhone 4 order. He was caught out though - sometimes you aren't able to cancel orders which have the 'Processing' status as the packaging process has already started. He ended up with 2.

mainomega

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
American Here-

Your order has been pushed to August ? ! Made sense until I kept reading down... we don't have a 20th month here in America.

crghwkns

macrumors member
May 31, 2011
If people who ordered the same model before me are getting the delay emails, there's no point in hoping I don't end up getting one. It would be completely unfair. I wouldn't complain (!) but that doesn't stop it being unfair.

If anything I'm expecting mine to be even more delayed.

Lastof

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2007
American Here-

Your order has been pushed to August ? ! Made sense until I kept reading down... we don't have a 20th month here in America.

In most of the rest of the world we list the parts of a date in a logical order, smallest unit to largest unit. Your apparently random order has never made sense to me.

Maybe we should all just use the ISO date standard (YYYY-MM-DD). Then all of us could be more/less confused!

ripkord

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland
In most of the rest of the world we list the parts of a date in a logical order, smallest unit to largest unit. Your apparently random order has never made sense to me.

Maybe we should all just use the ISO date standard (YYYY-MM-DD). Then all of us could be more/less confused!

For this reason we use DD MMM YYYY where I work so there can be no confusion. Anyway Back on topic. I'm cancelling if its significantly delayed. If I end up with two then it will get punted on ebay, possibly at a profit as it looks like these things are gonna be in short supply. Nah wouldnt do that to a fellow gadgeteer :D

daleski75

macrumors 68000
Dec 10, 2008
Northampton, UK
Not got any email here about the date being pushed back and ordered mine at 2am on the 8th and got the confirmation email just before 4.30am on the same day.

iPad 16Gb Black 4G.

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
For this reason we use DD MMM YYYY where I work so there can be no confusion. Anyway Back on topic. I'm cancelling if its significantly delayed. If I end up with two then it will get punted on ebay, possibly at a profit as it looks like these things are gonna be in short supply. Nah wouldnt do that to a fellow gadgeteer :D

3 Day Auction. Megabucks payout.

----------

Not got any email here about the date being pushed back and ordered mine at 2am on the 8th and got the confirmation email just before 4.30am on the same day.

iPad 16Gb Black 4G.

Same, I ordered mine at 7.30 am, 16GB Wifi. I think most of the people having problems have ordered 32 gig variants.

Lone Deranger

macrumors 68000
Apr 23, 2006
Tokyo, Japan

Imagine writing the time in the wrong order like that... "Yeah, I placed, like, you know.... my iPad order at 53:12am..." :D

Americans have some seriously confusing standards. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.