The Panther Thread

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by AmazingHenry, May 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. Dronecatcher macrumors 68020

Dronecatcher

Thanks!

2. G4fanboy macrumors regular

What is the latest quicktime 6.x for Panther?

3. G4fanboy macrumors regular

4. G4fanboy macrumors regular

Teleport house abyssoft is down.

Do someone plenty of space can reupload here or in the teleport post, please.

Posting with Classilla on Panther

5. G4fanboy macrumors regular

I have been 4 days using Panther trying to download stuff from the usual places and it taught my attention than when I tried to access the Classillas's author gopher server to download Classilla, my new Panther install went to a Tiger drive app to open a Firefox v2 I had there, instead of opening Classilla or Safari. As KawaiiAurora said it can run up to Firefox 3.

But to be honest, latest Classilla is hard to work with.

I gave a try to youtube and it were astonishing. Youtube worked on both my MDD and my Sawtooth. With Classilla 9.3.3 with Javascript off in latest Panther with both Quicktime 6.5.2 and QT 7.5, with Nokia User agent and Opera 4 user agent, but the videos with Opera are even smaller. I messed up something "touching" too much and minutes later I couldn't reach m.youtube page with the QT6.5.2 machine. But the QT 7.5 machine still works for youtube if you keep "untouched" the user agent and the scriptbegone.

Attached Files:

6. galgot macrumors newbie

galgot

Teleport_101 for PPC :

Attached Files:

7. air78 macrumors newbie

Aphrotic Hi!

Could you clarify about this optimizations? Could you describe in more detail the syntax of these commands in the terminal? Does the optimization follow the acceleration of graphics performance in a virtual machine?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

8. AphoticD macrumors 65816

AphoticD

Hi air78,

The shell environment variables were set to provide Panther with the correct path to the X11 binaries (via PATH=$PATH:/usr/X11R6/bin) which appends the /usr/X11R6/bin path to the existing PATH variable. X11 is then set to use the first display/screen via (DISPLAY=:0.0).

This doesn’t accelerate the graphics in any way. Also, depending on your Panther and X11 installation, this step may not be necessary.

Here is a brief introduction for setting Shell environment variables:
    http://www.codecoffee.com/tipsforlinux/articles/030.html

Hope that helps.

9. air78 macrumors newbie

Thanks again. Next i will try this with OroborOSX, if it will work with this application.

10. G4fanboy macrumors regular

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.