The Reality of the iPhone 6 lines - a documentary

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chupachup, Sep 21, 2014.

1. chupachup macrumors 6502

When Apple comes on the next Keynote and talk about how they smashed all sales records for pre orders, this is what they're talking about

2. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I thought you were talking about the antenna lines.

This has already been posted. It makes me sad.

3. bruce0987 macrumors member

now if only the people who are actually excited about getting an iphone got one

4. shady25 macrumors member

Bunch of disgusting racist comments on that video aimed towards law abiding citizens no less. But they aren't white so it's perfectly fine I guess.

5. Hexaea macrumors member

Hexaea

6. scrtagntman macrumors regular

Didn't see anything racist. Something dirty is definitely going on. This is happening in cities everywhere. 100's of Chinese people standing in line buying as many phones as they can with cash, handing them off to a handler, then getting back in line for more. Think about how much money that these handlers are walking around with. We are talking hundreds of thousands of dollars. In cash. These are not people sending an iPhone back to a loved one at home.

Someone is either using these people or forcing them and neither is good. You cannot humanely stand on a sidewalk for 48 hours, particularly in some cases, with kids!

Its all dirty and it needs to stop. Videoing it is not racist. Because they are all almost all Chinese is not racist. Telling someone that stinks, they stink, is not racist. Being told repeatedly you cannot sleep on the sidewalk and then getting arrested for it is not racist.

Enslaving people in squaller for a little bit of money or because you are threatening their family in mainland China... well isn't racist either. But it is inhumane.

7. shady25 macrumors member

No matter how hard you try one simply cannot ignore the racism surrounding this particular video. Just take a peak at the comments, hell around here. It's amazing how oblivious people can be.

8. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Care to elaborate? I didn't see anything racist about it, it was quite objective rather...

9. chupachup thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't see the racism being the point here.

I think the point of this video is how these black market people (chinese or otherwise) are totally ruining the whole thing for everyone. It is totally out of control and Apple should do something about this. I know they just care about the bottom line, but they also care about customer experience, and this isn't good customer experience.

It illustrates a gang of black market people who go in as individuals and go in to buy 2 each and they leave with bags full of iPhones when they put them together to sell them for god knows how much in China or online or wherever they're going to sell it.

Maybe it isn't against the law, but it is messed up and a bit sad actually. You always think about real Apple fans waiting outside making a day out of an event, but it isn't that anymore.

Here in Thailand they're selling the iPhone 6 Plus 16GB at MBK for around $2,200.

10. shady25 macrumors member

The Reality of the iPhone 6 lines - a documentary

It didn't ruin it for me and many many others. Im sick of people whining about something so trivial. I also wasn't aware that "real" Apple fanciers should be the only lot who should get the devices first, as opposed to people just choosing to line up earlier than others.

You're right it's not illegal so whats the problem? In a few months it will be so widely available that this will not be mentioned until September of next year. This faux outrage saturated in racism and entitlement is laughable

11. karmatourer macrumors 6502a

karmatourer

Simple explanation.Obviously they filmed the "Chinese Only" line.

----------

I need to move back to Thailand and sell mine.

12. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Not racist but I have never seen any Asians in one place besides Chinatown like this week in the apple store

13. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

The same thing happened here in Japan - this morning on the "news" they showed a fight that broke out in the Osaka Apple Store, started by Chinese scalpers or whatever.

14. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

You see what you want to see. I see bad business practices, you see racism.

15. shady25 macrumors member

It's anything but bad business actually

16. Kevsta26 macrumors 6502a

Lol! You thought there was an entire documentary just on the iPhone 6 antenna lines :p

17. FtrV8 macrumors regular

FtrV8

Dirty stuff going on for sure.

I was 30th in line on release day at my local Apple Store (Plesanton, CA). After eleven hours in line, I couldn't get a 6+ phone. Why?

I saw Asians with their elderly coming out with with four to six units. Not saying that was the exact reason, but it makes you wonder.

This time it was the most elderly Asians waiting in line then I've ever seen.

Just saying. I am Asian as well.

18. phx macrumors member

If China didn't withhold the authorization for the 6 this wouldn't have happened.

19. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

looks like most of them are going back to where they were originally shipped from :p

I am happy with mine though :) Except for the Bluetooth connection part :(

20. John marts macrumors member

It's not racism! These are people buying multiple iPhones with a sole intent of selling them for higher margins. They're not going to people who are actually buying The phone to enjoy them. This video is showing that gone are the days of passionate Apple users.

The only thing racist about this video are the people claiming it is simply because they are Asian. If anyone is racist, it's you. You're making racism a higher priority over what's actually happening. Please.

21. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

That guy is most likely a scalper. Him and another user were far to pro scalping in another thread.

22. shady25 macrumors member

Oh please. Again, look at the comments on that video. To those claiming it has nothing to do with race, you're kidding yourselves. It's amazing how some people choose to go through life ********ing.

I'm aware of what's actually happening, law abiding indivduals standing in line to purchase an item. So again I ask what's the problem? Oh won't someone think of the poor disfranchised Apple fanciers?

----------

I'm not a guy or a scalper.
    And I preordered my 6, it arrives tomorrow :)

23. Hexaea macrumors member

Hexaea

Video singles out POC and makes the assumption that they are all up to something nefarious.

I also have to wonder if this video would even have been made had it just been a bunch of white people. Buying electronics at launch to sell is nothing new.

24. John marts macrumors member

You're a bit behind the times,no? I'm not looking at their skin color. I'm looking at their actions. The fact that you read YouTube comments to further prove your "point" just proves that your looking at it all wrong.

Oh and selling to a black market isn't "law abiding". Although I completely hate those police for doing what they did, but that's another issue.

25. shady25 macrumors member

Why are you interested in people who are not doing anything wrong in any way?

FYI, I don't have to look at YouTube to see similar comments. They are here as well.