The "Report your issues with OSX Lion" Thread

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by iFitzgerald, Jul 20, 2011.

1. iFitzgerald macrumors regular

iFitzgerald

Ok, title pretty much says it. I thought it would be good to "collect" info on the issues people have with Lion. I'm NOT talking about have problems installing. So please leave those out, we all know some people are having a few problems.

Report bugs, and report applications which do NOT work on Lion. Some people, like me for instance, are waiting to see if Lion can run all of the applications they have. This will help others decide to buy Lion now or wait for a future version...

EDIT - Oh, don't forget to mention the version you're running...

2. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Using an external cinema display with my iMac is laggy, never had a problem with Snow Leopard but with Lion everything is just sluggish on the external monitor.

3. iFitzgerald thread starter macrumors regular

iFitzgerald

Nobody has any problems with third party software whatsoever?
    Are there hardly any bugs? Only only problem so far...

4. Necross macrumors member

No big problems for me at all. I doubt I'll ever use the launch pad, my icons in the dock are just fine as they is and I'm not too lazy to find my applications folder when I want to do something else.

The only issue I have is with my generic cheapy USB mouse. For some reason the scroll wheel on it is reversed now. If I scroll down on the wheel, the page moves up, and vise versa. pretty weird.

Everything else is working just fine for me. I'm on a new 2011 Macbook Pro 17" with 8 gigs of ram.

5. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

6. GermanyChris macrumors 601

GermanyChris

My Vodafone websessions no longer works, I'm on the wat to Vodafone this after work to ask if they actually have a driver. I'm glad it's prepay

7. Karaval macrumors newbie

Sonos doesn't work in Lion. I can use the app to control it, albeit it is slow, but it isn't able to access my music library.

8. stoplis macrumors regular

Mission Control doesn't show minimized windows.

9. starter15 macrumors newbie

cant sign into facetime
    vuze downloads dont start

10. paulsalter macrumors 68000

paulsalter

Not a big issue, but a annoyance in safari

when I have been reading a thread and I swipe back to the thread list, it dosnt show the one i just read as read

11. Stonefly macrumors regular

Stonefly

Go to system preferences/mouse and take the check mark out of the "scroll direction: natural" box

There is an update that should fix that.

Screen Shot 2011-07-21 at 11.50.10 AM.png

12. rbcp macrumors newbie

FWIW, Sonos sent an update today saying that it will be resolved 'soon'...

13. rmwebs macrumors 68040

- Launchpad is pointless, just 100% useless...
    - Crossover didn't work (using a beta copy now, which is still pretty unstable)
    - Quicktime fullscreen completely screws it up for you if you've got more than 1 screen as you can no longer still work on the second monitor
    - Keep experiencing very minor graphics glitches with Mission Control and Safari gestures
    - Fullscreen apps are 100% pointless with a dual screen setup, as is Launchpad

14. rmwebs macrumors 68040

Thats actually intentional (stupidly). Go into System Preferences -> Mouse and uncheck the box to scroll 'naturally' and It'll go back to how its supposed to be.

Edit: Oops doublepost!

15. Juddski macrumors newbie

Office doesn't work

Using late 2010 MacBook Pro 15"

Upgraded to Lion, wish I hadn't.

Office 2004 for Mac doesn't work. An absolute pain as I'm writing a PhD!!

Got on the phone to Apple, informed that third-party Power PC software no longer works. So that will apply to much software.

I am going to downgrade to Snow Leopard. Requires a total wipe of my system and a total reinstall.

I'd rather lose Lion £20.99 to Apple than shell out for Office 2011.

Might be a silver lining, as Apple appear to be offering refunds for schmucks like me that didn't read the really really small print.

There is nothing on the main pages of their 'Lion' push to indicate that people will be left holding useless software

16. rmwebs macrumors 68040

Not sure if this an option for you, but you can now run Snow Leopard (or earlier versions) in VMWare/Parallels/VirtualBox which will be capable of running PowerPC stuff with Rosetta.

17. lazydogmot macrumors newbie

Finder/iDisk

When Finder is opened, clicking on iDisk brings down a small window that reminds me that MobileMe account is not setup. I can't get farther than that. Pressing "Cancel" removes small window but it will reappear next time iDisk is clicked.

18. iFitzgerald thread starter macrumors regular

iFitzgerald

Humm and is anyone having issues with Screenflow? And some more basic stuff like Office 2011, Skype, VMWare Fusion...?

19. swedefish macrumors 6502

Sometimes when I do a desktop swap swipe, but do not complete the swipe and let it revert back to the desktop I was originally on, all the icons on said desktop disappear. I have to swipe to a new desktop and then swipe back again for the icons to reappear.

My main gripe, however, is how crappy full screen mode is when using dual monitors. One should be able to run different apps in full screen simultaneously on one's different monitors. It seems like such a basic premise that I can't forgive Apple for it.

Lunchpad is just an abomination and the quintessence of inelegance. Having an Applications folder alias in the dock is a million times neater. Launchpad doesn't bother me too much though since I know I will never use it.

20. archbran macrumors newbie

USB to serial driver

I cannot get my usb to serial adapter to work. I have downloaded all the new drivers suggested but nothing has worked. I use this to console into my network equipment so with out it LION is dead to me. is there something I'm missing, here is what I have done so fare.

removed the old driver
    kextunload ProlificUsbSerial.kext
    rm -r ProlificUsbSerial.kext

then installed the new driver from
    http://www.prolific.com.tw/eng/downloads.asp?id=31
    PL2303_1.4.0.dmg

any help on this would be a life saver.

21. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

Screenflow tweeted something about people have problems with Lion, check the link.

https://twitter.com/#!/screenflow/status/93816858108641280

22. rdsii64 macrumors regular

toast 11 hangs on lead in

Once I got lion on my imac and everything up and running I noticed that toast 11 would hang on writing the lead in of a dvd and I couldn't force quite toast and it would never unhang. I had to hard shut down my machine then turn it back on.

23. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

what version of vuze are you running? According to this:

App Compatibility Table - Vuze 4.6.0.4 works fine on Lion.

24. glavoie84 macrumors regular

Some testing

- Tried full disk encryption. Seems to work fine so far but I haven't used it for long.
    - With the disk encrypted, the recovery partition had my WiFi network already configured... Lion must have copied the configuration from my main installation since it should not have been able to recover the settings from the encrypted drive. I did not have to enter a password to boot the recovery partition.
    - Trying re-install from the recovery partition:
    -- BUG: Could not unlock my encrypted partition to re-install over it with my user password... I have the password prompt but the password doesn't work.
    -- Erasing the disk/partition doesn't kill the recovery partition. At least there is some protection. :)
    -- I tried to create up-front an encrypted file system but it failed with a strange error message
    -- Re-installing from the recovery partition requires a complete re-download.
    -- Re-downloading Lion from the recovery partition requires the entry of an Apple ID credentials. It must be the account from which Lion was purchased. This can be annoying...
    - I burned a DVD with the .dmg file found in the installer. I'll try next to erase my SSD (secure erase to recover performance) and I'll make a complete clean install.

25. mr1 macrumors member

My trackpad and keyboard are unresponsive for 1-2 seconds after waking from sleep. Nobody else has this issue??