Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keithop

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2002
Ice has come out and said 5x is good but 10x is very noisy and isn't great in testing. slightly worrying but will see.

I mean, if it's digital zoom from 5->10 then it's surely going to be worse than the current 10x optical. every review I've seen says s23u is better than the iphone at 10x for that very reason.

definitely hoping to be proved wrong, but if it's really 5x optical then I can't see it being anything but a downgrade

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I see Samsung have trademarked the name "AI phone" and "AI smartphone"

It certainly seems like Samsung will be leaning more towards AI. I wonder if they will announce features that are also found in the Pixel line up, a best take competitor maybe?

As long as they put a Snapdragon and not the trashy Exynos inside the Ultra, upgrade the camera and keep the great battery life of the S23 Ultra, then it will be a serious contender for phone of the year (2024).

Not to long ago we did hear rumours of a Smart Ring, those rumours seem to have dried up tho. That would have been an interesting product to announce alongside the S24 lineup.

Pre-order gifts will be intestine this year, those of us in the UK, might once again get the 512GB upgrade this year. I hope it's not a free pair of Buds Pro 2 since I already have those 😂

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021

It certainly seems like Samsung will be leaning more towards AI. I wonder if they will announce features that are also found in the Pixel line up, a best take competitor maybe?

As long as they put a Snapdragon and not the trashy Exynos inside the Ultra, upgrade the camera and keep the great battery life of the S23 Ultra, then it will be a serious contender for phone of the year (2024).

Not to long ago we did hear rumours of a Smart Ring, those rumours seem to have dried up tho. That would have been an interesting product to announce alongside the S24 lineup.

Pre-order gifts will be intestine this year, those of us in the UK, might once again get the 512GB upgrade this year. I hope it's not a free pair of Buds Pro 2 since I already have those 😂

Google and Samsung have always had a close business relationship so I would imagine Google is partnering with Samsung to bring some selected Pixel AI features to all of Android over time. Samsung will probably get early access with their engineers to work on it before release.

I think we all see that phones are getting to a peak point. Of course improvement can be made in all areas but if there is only so much you can do in the hardware space that leaves software. What Google has been able to do with the Pixel series AI is really impressive and I think everyone in the mobile industry is taking notice and seeing how they can come up with something similar.

I am a little worried though because Bixby has been a complete disaster from the start and never improved. If they don't do a good job with the AI it could actually make things worse. Bixby call screening is at best basic and at worst not very useful. It is better than no call screening and a start but if Samsung is going to be serious about entering AI they need to do it right and right from the start.

The potential for Samsung is big though and I am excited that they are taking this direction.

We will see how much Samsung charges next year and what trade in value is. If the Titanium rumors are true and cost of Snapdragon going up then the cost of the phone should go up too possibly?

I am a little disappointed about the 5x zoom. I would prefer a 10x zoom even if we just got a small megapixel bump to 15 or 20 from 10. We will see how it looks in real life.

The flat screen though sure would be nice.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Samsung also has trademarked the Z Fold 7 already as well as many others.

I fear too much press is focused on a Samsung AI phone and the delivery will be subpar, lessening the value of the phone.

Many people want AI but not for it to do too much for them, I'm one of them. I'd love for live translation in a phone call yet I'm reinvesting a lot of time to learn Spanish. Sony is making huge efforts for phones to detect AI created images and videos.

Frank Herbert, in Dune wrote of the Butleriam Jihad against thinking machines "tho shalt not make a machine in the likeness of the human mind" sooner or later, this may no longer be a fictional endeavor or restriction.

Reactions: jamezr

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
Samsung also has trademarked the Z Fold 7 already as well as many others.

I fear too much press is focused on a Samsung AI phone and the delivery will be subpar, lessening the value of the phone.

Many people want AI but not for it to do too much for them, I'm one of them. I'd love for live translation in a phone call yet I'm reinvesting a lot of time to learn Spanish. Sony is making huge efforts for phones to detect AI created images and videos.

Frank Herbert, in Dune wrote of the Butleriam Jihad against thinking machines "tho shalt not make a machine in the likeness of the human mind" sooner or later, this may no longer be a fictional endeavor or restriction.

Unfortunately AI is happening. To what extent it will affect us remains to be seen but huge companies and Governments don't spend huge sums of money without expecting a return on their investment.

Google has shown how useful some AI features can be like call screening and call focus and several others. If a company doesn't get ahead of AI, specially in the tech space they will be left behind and that is never a position you want to be in. A lot of AI right now is about image and potential not reality. Look what will be possible in a few months, years, etc. kind of like VR.

However there are a ton of useful reasons to incorporate more AI as a way to separate your company by features only your AI can do. Again, Google has already demonstrated this.

AI is here and is being driven by people with materialistic goals only or dictatorships looking to control their people vs a healthy mix of capitalism and humanistic principles and I see that as the greatest threat to humanity. Not so much the AI but who is coding it and why.

I have no doubt humanity could create a completely benevolent and helpful AI but will it be what we actually create or will it be something else either determined to rule over humanity or help humanity rule over itself. Either way the future has some heavy implications.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
The S24 line up has leaked online, the Purple and yellow one looks great. I wonder what the online exclusive colours will be.

IMG_5888.jpeg

IMG_5894.jpeg

IMG_5895.jpeg

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
The S24 line up has leaked online, the Purple and yellow one looks great. I wonder what the online exclusive colours will be.

View attachment 2319831

View attachment 2319832

View attachment 2319833
I have read rumors that 12gb ram will be maximum available for the Ultra and 8gb will be the standard on the rest of the series and base ultra. This seems to have upset some people.

My feeling is in order not to raise the price but add Titanium they needed to cut some corners.

Apparently the new CEO is more about software optimization than raw hardware. Seems like this is in line with that thinking.

One thing I will say in Samsung defense is the ram they use is always the latest and fastest standard. Some companies may use 16 or 24gb ram but is it the very latest standard is just something to consider.

However it seems that Titanium is more important than ram. What do you guys think? Is this a smart way to move forward, specially with the Ultra?

Seems like another top executive pushing a good idea in theory but sort of ignores a big segment of the user base who sed the Ultra as the Ultimate power phone. They want crazy ram. For the money is performance or looks more important? Even more to consider is aluminum armor already works as well or better than Titanium at a fifth the cost. So if you could deliver the same product with Aluminum but more ram would that be a better option since it already has the same benefits as Titanium?

I know I have been on a rant about Titanium but I think it is important because it has a huge impact on the cost of the devices. I love the idea of software optimization leading your hardware but if Samsung starts thinking it can scale back on specs and make up for it with software they are in for a big lesson. I would love better hardware optimization but NOT at the expense at having the best hardware. It would be nice to have both but Samsung has put themselves in a corner in terms of producing cutting edge hardware in their galaxy line up with huge specs. They need to continue to push the envelope with their hardware but also focus more on optimization. The bloat and slow down that OneUI has had over the years is legendary. Although it has gotten a lot better, you don't let off the gas of the hardware. Do both Samsung. 24gb ram ddr6 in the s24 ultra should at least be an option. Does anyone need it? Someone sure will pay for it 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: DeepIn2U

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
Well, I am really looking forward to the s24 ultra. Personally, I prefer Samsung's One ui over pixel's vanilla android and iPhone's ios. So, I'm anxiously awaiting the s24 u to see how well Samsung has perfected it. Though there has been conflicting reports about how flat the screen will be, I think it will be an improvement, regardless. The AI sounds pretty impressive. Like most, I hope that there won't be a paywall associated with it.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I have read rumors that 12gb ram will be maximum available for the Ultra and 8gb will be the standard on the rest of the series and base ultra. This seems to have upset some people.

My feeling is in order not to raise the price but add Titanium they needed to cut some corners.

Apparently the new CEO is more about software optimization than raw hardware. Seems like this is in line with that thinking.

One thing I will say in Samsung defense is the ram they use is always the latest and fastest standard. Some companies may use 16 or 24gb ram but is it the very latest standard is just something to consider.

However it seems that Titanium is more important than ram. What do you guys think? Is this a smart way to move forward, specially with the Ultra?

Seems like another top executive pushing a good idea in theory but sort of ignores a big segment of the user base who sed the Ultra as the Ultimate power phone. They want crazy ram. For the money is performance or looks more important? Even more to consider is aluminum armor already works as well or better than Titanium at a fifth the cost. So if you could deliver the same product with Aluminum but more ram would that be a better option since it already has the same benefits as Titanium?

I know I have been on a rant about Titanium but I think it is important because it has a huge impact on the cost of the devices. I love the idea of software optimization leading your hardware but if Samsung starts thinking it can scale back on specs and make up for it with software they are in for a big lesson. I would love better hardware optimization but NOT at the expense at having the best hardware. It would be nice to have both but Samsung has put themselves in a corner in terms of producing cutting edge hardware in their galaxy line up with huge specs. They need to continue to push the envelope with their hardware but also focus more on optimization. The bloat and slow down that OneUI has had over the years is legendary. Although it has gotten a lot better, you don't let off the gas of the hardware. Do both Samsung. 24gb ram ddr6 in the s24 ultra should at least be an option. Does anyone need it? Someone sure will pay for it 😉

I'm all for both software and hardware, there are only so many things that hardware can do, it's why I'm not mad that Samsung aren't changing the design in a dramatic way. I like that Samsung are refining the design, not sure how I feel about a flat display tho (other than the S-Pen will work better on the edges). Software on the other hand, is where a lot of strides can be made. I have been interested in the Google Pixel for a while, they are more software based which is why the Tensor chips are not as good as Snapdragon (Just like Samsung's Exynos). If Samsung can implement a great AI, add features similar to Best Take, magic eraser and so on, then I think the S24 Ultra will be a great device.
Samsung's CEO probably wants what Google have when it comes to AI, all of these companies copy from each other (Apple's use of titanium for example) and that is a good thing, if they can take it make it better.

IF Samsung make the S24 Ultra with the same battery life (or even better) than the S23 Ultra, better cameras, thinner bezels and better software implementation, add more AI features (like Best Take and call screening) then I think the S24 Ultra will be in line as the best phone of 2024. Oh and NO Exynos for those of us in Europe (at least in the S24 Ultra) otherwise that will kill it for me and I won't buy one!!
I'm liking this years colours tho (if the leaks are accurate) I will either be getting the purple or the yellow.

Reactions: Shanghaichica

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I'm all for both software and hardware, there are only so many things that hardware can do, it's why I'm not mad that Samsung aren't changing the design in a dramatic way. I like that Samsung are refining the design, not sure how I feel about a flat display tho (other than the S-Pen will work better on the edges). Software on the other hand, is where a lot of strides can be made. I have been interested in the Google Pixel for a while, they are more software based which is why the Tensor chips are not as good as Snapdragon (Just like Samsung's Exynos). If Samsung can implement a great AI, add features similar to Best Take, magic eraser and so on, then I think the S24 Ultra will be a great device.
Samsung's CEO probably wants what Google have when it comes to AI, all of these companies copy from each other (Apple's use of titanium for example) and that is a good thing, if they can take it make it better.

IF Samsung make the S24 Ultra with the same battery life (or even better) than the S23 Ultra, better cameras, thinner bezels and better software implementation, add more AI features (like Best Take and call screening) then I think the S24 Ultra will be in line as the best phone of 2024. Oh and NO Exynos for those of us in Europe (at least in the S24 Ultra) otherwise that will kill it for me and I won't buy one!!
I'm liking this years colours tho (if the leaks are accurate) I will either be getting the purple or the yellow.
I agree on all points! I think it is funny how everyone has historically dumped on Samsung for having great hardware but needed to improve on the software side. Now they are improving on the software side and all people do is complain still.
It really seems Samsung is going all in on AI and the software experience on the S24. That is a very good thing for everyone looking to buy one.
I think they should go with the snapdragon version in all markets imho. If they put the AI into a subscription based feature....that is huge mistake in my opinion. As these options are free out of the box on the Pixel.

Reactions: Dave245

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I agree on all points! I think it is funny how everyone has historically dumped on Samsung for having great hardware but needed to improve on the software side. Now they are improving on the software side and all people do is complain still.
It really seems Samsung is going all in on AI and the software experience on the S24. That is a very good thing for everyone looking to buy one.
I think they should go with the snapdragon version in all markets imho. If they put the AI into a subscription based feature....that is huge mistake in my opinion. As these options are free out of the box on the Pixel.

Oh that would be a huge mistake, AI features are not something most people would want to pay for. Subscription fatigue is definitely an issue. I think Samsung have a real opportunity here, I hope they don’t waste it. Snapdragon worldwide, excellent battery life (like on the S23 Ultra) new Ai features with camera upgrades, those new colours and it’s a win in my books.

I would love a decent pre-order bonus this year too, however the offer of 512gb for the price if 256gb is also decent.

JohnRckr

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2023
As a part of my total transition from Apple Ecosystem [really hate this thing] I chose to go with a Samsung phone. I am thinking of getting the Ultra but I am Not sure if I should wait for s24 series or get s23. I barely use phone anyway, only for text and calls, occasional Googling, as a tool only and not a mindless scrolling device, and so I am wondering if it is worth it to have the latest, most expensive device.. Thoughts?

I was also thinking of going for Z Flip 5, anyone has experience? It feels like it would serve more than well for my needs, but at the same time I like the screen and pen features of Ultra..

Reactions: DeepIn2U and jamezr

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK

I would like to see cutting edge hardware and software innovation. Software optimisation is good but not at the expense of good hardware/software innovation.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Oct 24, 2021
As a part of my total transition from Apple Ecosystem [really hate this thing] I chose to go with a Samsung phone. I am thinking of getting the Ultra but I am Not sure if I should wait for s24 series or get s23. I barely use phone anyway, only for text and calls, occasional Googling, as a tool only and not a mindless scrolling device, and so I am wondering if it is worth it to have the latest, most expensive device.. Thoughts?

I was also thinking of going for Z Flip 5, anyone has experience? It feels like it would serve more than well for my needs, but at the same time I like the screen and pen features of Ultra..
Considering what you are saying I would wait for the s24 plus not the ultra. The s23 plus is fine but the s24 plus will finally have quad hd. It has pretty much all the best features but saves you some money. Why would you buy the ultra if you are barely going to use it?

The s24 ultra is not going to be a huge difference from the s23 ultra. The processor and a flat screen as well as Titanium frame are the biggest differences.

You really should at least look at the Pixel 8 Pro. Really nice Android phone.

Reactions: DeepIn2U

yui4

macrumors 65816
May 26, 2011
I’d like to think I’ll try a different colour this year but I know it’ll be a usual helping of black for myself 🤣

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I fully agree that great software is a necessary but NOT at the expense of great hardware:

S24 stuck at 8GB RAM but will use the SD 8 Gen 3 still in some markets?! Still gets Samsung Dex but for the 1st time in the product lineup will suffer?! 8 GB ram basically makes this an A54 or other lessr model?

Na-uh I don't believe these rumours.

Considering thinner bezels all around on the S24U, I can see the reason for using this material = stronger resilience against fall impact to avoid thr screen being shattered. Ideally thats the thought process, but can the engineering make that happen 🤔 titanium alloy means the impact shock will carry past that material very easily.

I don't see thr need to give 24GB RAM in a non-gaming focused phone. Someone on Samsung Members, under the Dex forums posted what was possible and done smoothly via Dex woth just 12GB of RAM and it's VERY impressive ! Lots of pro audio units running, 2 browser windows with various tabs, etc etc. Screenshot attached.

There are still a lot of unclear unknowns in thr rumors leading up over thr next 45 days until launch of thr S24 series. Whatever Samsung does with this lineup, will evidently affect the Z Flip 6, specifically if a) a vapour chamber will debut allowing for finally b) Samsung Dex to finally debut on the Flip series. Considering the Flip 5's retail price, ans already heat operation temperatures tested at 72 Celcius over a few hours, there is no reason to not include Dex this iteration coming up I the spring/summer of 2024.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231127_224105_Samsung Members.jpg
    Screenshot_20231127_224105_Samsung Members.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 48
Reactions: yui4 and Ludatyk

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Unfortunately AI is happening. To what extent it will affect us remains to be seen but huge companies and Governments don't spend huge sums of money without expecting a return on their investment.

Google has shown how useful some AI features can be like call screening and call focus and several others. If a company doesn't get ahead of AI, specially in the tech space they will be left behind and that is never a position you want to be in. A lot of AI right now is about image and potential not reality. Look what will be possible in a few months, years, etc. kind of like VR.

However there are a ton of useful reasons to incorporate more AI as a way to separate your company by features only your AI can do. Again, Google has already demonstrated this.

AI is here and is being driven by people with materialistic goals only or dictatorships looking to control their people vs a healthy mix of capitalism and humanistic principles and I see that as the greatest threat to humanity. Not so much the AI but who is coding it and why.

I have no doubt humanity could create a completely benevolent and helpful AI but will it be what we actually create or will it be something else either determined to rule over humanity or help humanity rule over itself. Either way the future has some heavy implications.
I do feel that we are currently in an "AI" craze (not at all unlike the smart speaker craze back in 2016), and it will just a matter of time before the hype dies down and tech pundits flit to the next shiny new piece of tech to gush over. I also feel that AI is being used to conflate a number of separate concepts together, which just further muddies the discussion.

Right now, the term "AI" seems to be used interchangeably with chartGPT, though you do correctly point out other applications such as call screening (which is basically just algorithms running complex calculations and processes in the background). In this context, Apple has been incorporating AI into their products for several years already, from ECG on their Apple Watch to crash detection on their iPhones. What I feel is missing from the conversation, however, is whether AI is being incorporated in a manner that is human-first.

To use an example, during the pixel keynote earlier this year, Google talked about your phone should show you the world in a way that it appears in real life, and then went on to announce photo editing features powered by AI that go completely against the real life statement. We are moving to a time when AI will be used to create entirely new memories that never actually occurred (faking moon shots was just the icing on the cake, it seems). Even if certain AI-powered editing features may seem rather tame today, one can’t help but think about where Google will take them, and to what extent.

And for what it's worth, I don't think simply being the first to market with flashy "AI" features will be enough to make your smartphone stand out from the competition. The differentiator will ultimately still lie in how it's being implemented, and its value to the end user. For instance, Apple is not alone in having crash detection, but you hardly ever hear about it working on android smartphones. However good Google assistant may be, it will never be available on one's Apple Watch or iPhone, which limits its reach to people who may say, value Apple's hardware chops more and find Siri good enough for their needs.

But then you go on to talk about AI like it's the 2nd coming of Skynet, which seems to be a separate entity altogether. I don't think the crash detection feature on my Apple Watch is some sentient being looking to overthrow and enslave me in the future (at least I hope not). Off the bat, my response to that is that there may not just be one dominant company providing AI services to the entire world. Just as we have many forms of smart assistants (eg: Siri, Bixby, Google Assistant, Alexa, Bing), it stands to reason that there will also be different forms of "AI" that different people can choose to subscribe to, thereby preventing a scenario where everyone is dependent on a singular service being managed by an unaccountable company or government.

I guess my point is - AI still very much suffers from a design problem (how do you implement it in a phone while still putting people front and centre) and I disagree that one has to somehow get ahead of AI, whatever that means.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
I do feel that we are currently in an "AI" craze (not at all unlike the smart speaker craze back in 2016), and it will just a matter of time before the hype dies down and tech pundits flit to the next shiny new piece of tech to gush over. I also feel that AI is being used to conflate a number of separate concepts together, which just further muddies the discussion.
Totally disagree. All the bolded above shows is you do not understand or grasp the enormity of how AI is being used today. It is not even close to the same as smart speakers.
It is being used today by academia and manufacturing to banking to well everything.
Just automation alone is game changing. I can use AI based automation to provide logic to make enterprise global changes to my companies technologies and protocols. It is mind numbing how fast and efficient it is at performing these functions.

The examples you listed were the very bottom and basic of what AI is being used for today behind the scenes at most companies right now. Then AI is growing and evolving at an exponential pace right now.
Weather prediction is going to completely change with AI
Digital Assistants will be so advanced, people will have full fledged conversations width their DA. No more writing emails or writing technical papers

Software and data analysis and data prediction is literally blowing up right now.
Did you know an AI bot passed the bar exam? Let that sink in a little....

So no....the AI craze is not the same and smart speakers....it is not a passing fad....

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Totally disagree. All the bolded above shows is you do not understand or grasp the enormity of how AI is being used today. It is not even close to the same as smart speakers.
It is being used today by academia and manufacturing to banking to well everything.
Just automation alone is game changing. I can use AI based automation to provide logic to make enterprise global changes to my companies technologies and protocols. It is mind numbing how fast and efficient it is at performing these functions.

The examples you listed were the very bottom and basic of what AI is being used for today behind the scenes at most companies right now. Then AI is growing and evolving at an exponential pace right now.
Weather prediction is going to completely change with AI
Digital Assistants will be so advanced, people will have full fledged conversations width their DA. No more writing emails or writing technical papers

Software and data analysis and data prediction is literally blowing up right now.
Did you know an AI bot passed the bar exam? Let that sink in a little....

So no....the AI craze is not the same and smart speakers....it is not a passing fad....
None of which has anything to do with a smartphone (ie: consumer technology). I don't think people want to have full-fledged conversations with their digital assistants, not least because voice is perhaps the most inefficient means of interacting with your devices (which was one of the key reasons why smart speakers failed). Besides, voice assistants has nothing to do with chatGPT.

Second, I spoke about this in another thread, but I have always opined about AI writing emails and papers for me. In summary, if the other party cannot be bothered to take the time to craft a proper paragraph for me, then why should I be expected to take the time to read and digest it? The same goes for artwork created by AI. The idea that humanity will one day not need to write or create anything ever because AI will simply do all that for them is frankly not a world I want to be in.

Third, back when I was in school, if anyone attempted to pass off someone else's work as their own, it would be considered cheating and said student could expect to fail right on the spot if this was discovered. If an AI bot can pass an exam, that probably says more about the nature of the exam (eg: does it test mere ability to recall and regurgitate facts and less of application and critical reasoning?), and it just means that how we assess and evaluate other people will have to evolve as well.

Fourth, I stand by what I said earlier about AI still suffering from a design problem. We are focusing too much on the raw technology, and not enough on how to properly package it in a manner that benefits the end user.

I have no doubt AI is revolutionising many industries as we speak. None of those aforementioned examples are going to make me opt for a google phone over an iPhone, and you know what earlier fad also sucked up tons of electricity while producing something that didn't exist? Crypto. 😉

Stick around and find out. I suspect AI in a couple of years time will look very different from today, and a lot of industry buzzwords will not stand the test of time.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

You're right.

Yet I feel Google has been a little late in the game here in terms of AI, in the sense of what has been delivered.

Calls. Google, about 3 years ago demonstrated their AI in making an appointment using natural voice calling to a human, yet delayed that. Call blocking and restriction or detecting spam calls they've delivered without the need for AI.

Google has demonstrated and implemented AI for email auto complete and typical professional like email correspondence, that's all.

Microsoft has delivered not only a better and new way of searching facts across the internet- reminds me personally what BBS and the early internet used to be for - searching for factual & useful information before all the commerce and social media began. Microsoft has also I.plemented AI in terms of making work both for personal and corporate workflows a LIT easier for thr tools already entrenched into our personal lives and corporate workspace as well : M365 office suite and rich client drekrop applications. Knowing how to create and be proficient at excel p-tables soon will no longer be needed as the AI can infere or implement this for thr worker. Being efficient and proficient is now the key and exacting. Business that fail to implement this into their Azure tennat will fall incredibly behind into nothingness.

Microsoft is increasingly at a staggering pace implemtig this into their entire cloud space where even NASA is using this for their missions!

If you've seen Man of Steel, and took not of Kelix the floating AI robot that Kal-El used ... or what the kryptonians of lore in the original Superman comics shown that Brainiac did before turning on the civilization did you'll get a slim idea of humanity's future.

I don't believe governments and even AI service company's have a clue at sound restrictions or actions to place to prevent likeness of the human mind, its always far too late as we've seen the original developer whom where psychiatric scholars as well when early social media apps where developed. Notice only a like exists on FB and a heart on other social media platforms- there is a profind reason for this. Early developers revolted and left realizing what they crested. I fear far too late we'll see the same when generative AI becomes a live thing. There are no restrictions towards generative AI once it's self aware.

In the meantime we'll all benefit, while those of us without sufficient finial assets and investments that continue to grow are jobless with no creative skillet to earn and left to rot and fend for ourselves in the streets. We're already seeing a continuous financial stranglehold causing tent avenues stress in cities across the western world. That's conversation for another thread.

The real question is with on device AI, how powerful can it be used? Bots for crypto and trading using cloud AI already is here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.