The still waiting on FedEx thread

Craiger

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2007
I can almost guarantee at least one person on this forum has stopped a random FedEx driver today and tried to get them to check if his iPad was on their truck.

Anyone want to fess up?
:p
I was really close to chasing down the second truck that drove by.. Still no "exception". They have 1 hour and 10 minutes to get here.

ks-man

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
I can almost guarantee at least one person on this forum has stopped a random FedEx driver today and tried to get them to check if his iPad was on their truck.

Anyone want to fess up?
A FedEx truck did drive by my home earlier and I debated running out with my hands held high screaming "I'm over here, I'm over here"

Unfortunately I'm still in PJs and I didn't need the neighbors calling the cops.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
if they dont show up till like 9:50pm (10 minutes before deadline) i am gonna die. been waiting here all day just for my iPad.

qCzar

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2011
SFBA, CA
I got faked out by the engine of the recycling truck. Seriously? No one recycles out here because you only come by once a month and you decide to make your trip today?

12:58PM
Huh?

Though from what I gather by your post it appears you live in rural country, while I live in a bustling suburban neighborhood. Not sure if all trash laws are equal but in my city trash day is weekly, not monthly. Even in the less developed/rural parts of the city that exist in the mountains. :roll eyes:

7timethecrystal

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2011
Still by 3pm, still on truck. Receptionist stepped out for lunch and I told her to send a note directing the delivery guy into my office....LOL! ;)

iamthegeek

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Mine had been sitting in Nashville (about 15 minutes from my house) for a week. My brother also had his shipped to my house, and it delivered about an hour ago. Mine is still out for delivery. Boo.

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
maybe by the time i get mine my apps will be updated for retina display lol im still missing 2 apps that have not been updated.

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
Huh?

Though from what I gather by your post it appears you live in rural country, while I live in a bustling suburban neighborhood. Not sure if all trash laws are equal but in my city trash day is weekly, not monthly. Even in the less developed/rural parts of the city that exist in the mountains. :roll eyes:
Nope, once per month. Any more than that and you need to take it to the county recyling center yourself. They found that no one used it enough to justify the expense when they were doing it once a week.

The city does have it weekly.

The county does send a truck around every two weeks to pick up large garbage (tree limbs, etc).

Redrum509

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2012
Funny thing just happened. Right as I opened the door to get the mail the fed-ex guy was sitting on the porch about to ring the door bell.lol

Torq

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
My tracking info is all weird.

Shows an exception "Future delivery requested" for this morning (in addition to that occuring on the original pick-up date). Next it shows its on the truck for delivery. But the estimated delivery time has changed to 3 PM tomorrow.

Pipper99

macrumors 68030
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Almost 2:00 pm and no FedEx. Delivery by 3:00. Looks like I'm going to the deadline. A buddy who lives a few miles from me got his at 10 am from UPS.

Kronie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2008

Anyone want to fess up?
I totally did. My iPad is being delivered to my house just a few miles away from my work. Fed Ex came to my work so I chased him down and asked if he was delivering to my town. Unfortunately, he isn't, so I continue to hit the refresh button on the fed ex tracking page. Once it says "delivered" I'm out of here...

supervelous

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2010
Mine was "delivers by 3pm" and just got delivered 2 minutes ago at 2:52, as I was angrily reading this thread.

moxier

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2011
FLORIDA
So far I have flagged down a good humor truck, two garbage trucks, a plumber's van, 4 Pepsi trucks......(are FedEx trucks green?) :D

lilsoccakid74

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
I got stuck with UPS. Have seen 4 Fedex trucks go by today. No UPS yet, and leaving for work in an hour.

Shouldve just grabbed one at bestbuy.:rolleyes: