Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
I used to be able go for a run using a app for zero to 5k, now my watch dies after 20 mins, dispite being on 80% when I start.

Please report it to Apple and include information that would help them such as Watch version, OS version usage information etc.

tkmyzw

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2020
I noticed a battery drain in my S4 a couple of days ago but the only thing I did was move from overseas to my home country.

I have been in Thailand for a month and came back to Japan this week. Updated the Watch OS to the latest a couple of weeks ago but no noticeable battery drain during my stay in Thailand. Also, the drain happened a half year ago when I upgraded the Watch OS.

I'm trying to re-pair but almost fed up with dealing with battery drain.
I have been using AW since S2(2018) but considering giving up on using the Watch if the repair didn’t solve the issue.

wbeasley

macrumors 65816
Nov 23, 2007
A large percent of the battery seems to now be chewed up overnight.
I could go to bed at midnight and wake up at 6:00 with 80%, now it's closer to 50%.

Have they increased sleep monitoring or does my Sleep app not work well under the current OS?

HelixOmnimedia

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2006
Traveling The World
I’ve just come on here to read if other have issues with battery life recently on Apple Watch Ultra 2.

Fully charged to 100%, taken off put on wrist, unlocked sleep mode kicked in and rocked, just woke up and sitting at 80%.

Something has happened since launch because at launch I was getting multiple days of usages into 4-5 days before need to charge.

usmaak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2012
Every time I come to MR to check to see if it’s safe to update my watch, I walk away having decided to wait. Still getting 3.5 days out of my Ultra 2 and my S8 is usually at 65% after a full day of use.

Reactions: a.y.n

polyphenol

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2020
Wales
Every time I come to MR to check to see if it’s safe to update my watch, I walk away having decided to wait. Still getting 3.5 days out of my Ultra 2 and my S8 is usually at 65% after a full day of use.
My S8 shows 49% this morning after a particularly busy day yesterday - e.g. many hours of relaying Apple maps instructions. Fully up to date. Most days, it has rather more left but I don't want to quote a figure I might be misremembering.

notai

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2023
AWU.. battery life also getting worse. What also sucks is the button that brings up the battery %, why can't they add the history stats to that, right now it only offers low power mode. how hard would it be to add the info found under Settings ? Instead we have to do multiple clicks and stuffing around where they have buried it under Settings. wtf is the point of that.

mikelets456

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2022
Bucks County, PA
Updated to WatchOS 10.5 after I disabled "auto updates" and yesterday my watch died at 5 PM---I have never had this happen before. Today it's been on 3 hrs and dropped 14%--- I miss the days where by 10 PM I was at 68%. Are they doing anything about this?

poocat

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2008
Hong Kong
I’m currently having issues with my S9. Some days the battery is absolutely fine and other days I can just watch the battery go from 100% to 20% in 4 hours.
Currently running

Both myself and my partner are having this same issue with the series 9 watch since 10.3. Some days ok, end the day with 50+%. Other days dead by 6 pm with no change in usage or activity.
Crazy bug. What is happening?

LouiseG

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2015
Scotland
Both myself and my partner are having this same issue with the series 9 watch since 10.3. Some days ok, end the day with 50+%. Other days dead by 6 pm with no change in usage or activity.
Crazy bug. What is happening?

Exactly what is happening to me. Today my watch was 100% at 7am and now at 9pm it is at 71%
Other days I can be 100% at 7am and dead by 1pm

Reactions: poocat

poocat

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2008
Hong Kong
Yes!
Exactly what is happening to me. Today my watch was 100% at 7am and now at 9pm it is at 71%
Other days I can be 100% at 7am and dead by 1pm
I've been trying to troubleshoot. My comments so far:
1. It's not 10.4, happened to me on the version prior. However it had not happened on any version prior to 10.3.1 I believe.
2. It went away for a while (a week) on update to 10.4, and I thought it fixed, which may be why people say "restore solves" but seems unlikely, as it returned.
3. Sometimes the watch doesn't charge immediately when I put it on a charger. Fiddling with the charger or restarting the watch solves this. Related?
4. I haven't figured out any combination of activity/reason. I do not use any apps, and while I use music / workouts, those both don't seem to matter. On days the battery burning, it loses 1% every 5 minutes when sitting still (or something absurd like that), and on days it's ok the battery is remarkably good, regardless of my activity level/use.

Have you found any triggers?

justiny

Contributor
Jul 28, 2008
Bubbletucky
Count me in as well. Out of nowhere and no obvious reason/culprit. No workouts, no phone calls, no streaming. 45mm Series 9 Hermès running 10.4 installed on 03/07/24. iPhone 15 Pro Max running 17.4.1 installed on 03/21/24. I noticed the atrocious battery performance 24 hours ago (everything was fine for me over the weekend). At one point, I was losing 3% every five minutes.

This was yesterday (odd that it seemed to mellow out around 4pm):
incoming-B631299C-47F0-4EB8-8872-B20C6B1AE8CE.png

This was today:
incoming-AE5D09A7-3A28-4618-9741-4F30FBACFEAB.png

I have seen the Reddit threads on this as well. I have tried hard restarts several times on both devices, continuously ran app updates thinking a rogue app was chewing through my battery, and I switched off the software automatic updates option in the Watch app. This afternoon, I also tried unpair and restore from backup. Nothing improved.

I just completed the dreadful process of unpair and setup as new watch. I will try to report back with any results.

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
I’ve been hit by the bug too, charged it to 100% and took it off the charger at 2 PM yesterday, by 7 AM this morning it was down to 28%. I really do not want to have to wipe and start as a new watch. Come on, Apple.

mikelets456

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2022
Bucks County, PA
I’ve been hit by the bug too, charged it to 100% and took it off the charger at 2 PM yesterday, by 7 AM this morning it was down to 28%. I really do not want to have to wipe and start as a new watch. Come on, Apple.
I did that and it helped for about a week then went back to losing 5%-15% per hour randomly. I believe it was "coincidence".

Supermallet

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2014
I did that and it helped for about a week then went back to losing 5%-15% per hour randomly. I believe it was "coincidence".
Ugh, I do not want to have to wipe and start from new every two weeks. Honestly the watch is often more trouble than it’s worth. If Apple made a no display bracelet that did tap for Apple Pay and vibrated for alarms and timers with battery that lasted months I’d much rather have that than the watch.

Reactions: mikelets456

BillGates1969

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2008
Poole, UK
My S7 again got the 'bug', losing 20%/hr. Did a unpair and re-pair (restored form backup) and back to 'normal' (4-5%/hr). Battery health is now 81% down from 83% before re-pair. Getting forever closer to that AC+ replacement of <80%.....

LouiseG

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2015
Scotland
Charged last night as knew I was up early today. As you can see it drained overnight while I was sleeping. Can’t pinpoint why it is happening some days but not other days as I have the same use everyday!
7d16814602a7502d84a41dd26acec8ca.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.