There is a new Itouch coming?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bItterappLe, Aug 28, 2008.

1. bItterappLe macrumors newbie

Hello! I havent been on these forums for so long! lmao! I keep reading about this new Ipod Touch coming out, what exactly is it? Does it look diffrent? What will it have?

2. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

They won't say. We just don't know.

You'll have to wait until Apple actually releases the product, until then, everything you hear is just speculation.

3. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

Haven't you heard ?! They're gonna turn the touch into a mini robot that plays music, do chores, shopping and cooking for you. I can't wait!!!!!

4. CSIrules macrumors newbie

Supposedly it will have minor cosmetic changes (plastic backing?) and a GPS. Others think that a 64GB model will be introduced. Large price cuts have also been suggested. Personally I think it could be all of them. Nobody can say for sure.

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Likely, since it is based on the same platform as the iPhone, it will be slightly wider. Speculation suggests that GPS will be included, a possibility of Bluetooth with AD2P, and larger capacity. Other than that, there isn't much more they can do to it without it becoming an iPhone.

TEG

6. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

These are just rumors, we don't know what it will look like, but we are 95% positive there will be a new iPod Touch.

In addition to what everyone else has been saying, people have been saying it may contain a camera, software update (2.1?), actual backgrounds for the home screen(s).

I personally think that if it does come with a new plastic back (very likely) it will be available in black and white.

7. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

I heard it was going to have polka dots. But I hear the rumor about plaid is laughably false.

Probably a minor form change (thinner) and a capacity boost 32 & 64GB. Just speculation on my part based on previous updates.

Of couse, some of these iPod Touch rumors could be for the larger touch pad.

8. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

And yes, 64GB.
    If they don't come out with the 64GB in September than it's most likely to happen in February.

I know that was just your opinion, but a thinner iPod Touch?!
    WTF?!
    It's already really thin, if fact, it's too thin for me.

9. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

what? i dont believe ppascen is updating their itouch anytime soon. you got bad info.

as for the iPod touch, no one really knows till it happens

10. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Agreed on both subjects.

It's iPod Touch, not iTouch, Itouch, or anything like that!

I predict September 9th, if not then the 22nd.

11. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

The whole line of iPods gets updated every year. I don't think this year will be any different.

12. hansvon macrumors member

:rolleyes:

Yeah I don't think there's anything too huge coming to the iTouch line. Nothing big enough that I'll regret buying my iTouch 8 months ago. My iTouch is now jailbroken, so it's pretty much amazing. I love my iTouch. I can't really seeing it go anywhere further, hardware-wise. Maybe speakers on the iTouch.
    (Then again, this is coming from someone who didn't see what the big deal was about ZOMG IPHONE IS GETTING 3G, GPS, AND A BLACK BACK!)

I love my iTouch.

iTouch, iTouch, iTouch.

13. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i hate how people always feel the need to tell people its not a touch or itouch etc

we know what hes refering to and thats all that matters

i dont think the ipt will have gps or a speaker as then it would be too close to iphone

i predict bluetooth and a price drop and thats IT

14. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Actually, the iTouch is a cheap iPod touch knock off and a registered trademark of another company.

TEG

15. 7on macrumors 601

7on

16. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

Oh Jesus, the Flower Power iMac comes back to haunt us in an iPod?!? :eek:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

17. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

No one but Apple knows for sure, when and what is coming out. So sit back, relax and wait.

the whole iPod touch/iPod Touch/iTouch argument is a little overplayed now. seriously ppl, we're in a Mac forum, hes talking about an Apple product. I used to care that they didn't say iPod touch but then I got a life. Get over it. I've gotten to the point that its annoying to read about it in every single thread.. Cripes.

On the other hand, itouch is the only one that is misspelled... I'm going jump off a bridge now.

18. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

ugh but on here, we all know EXACTLY what they mean. heck ive never even heard of those other companies and i doubt people confuse them on here

19. DeXtA macrumors member

I would like to see some good stuff come to the iPod Touch. I'm sure Apple knows that there is a market for people that want most of the stuff from the iPhone but don't want a contract.

Only time will tell....

20. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

isnt that why they made the ipt in the first place?

i think a price drop and bluetooth is what will be added.

21. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

but does it have sex with you?
    :D

22. zsikand macrumors newbie

touch now or never?

A'right so i'm about to start on an online business and need something small (like the ipod touch) to access the internet and check on stuff at my house or when i go to grad school pretty soon. I was gonna buy it yesterday but then did some research and found that something might be coming in september.

My question is: is it worth buying a 16gb+ touch if i'm only gonna use the net and MAYBE listen to some music in it? Should i just buy the 8gb and be happy with it? PLUS i also found just now that the touch can't access flash sites etc...and i may need to do that. Any tips people?

I want the touch pretty bad but need some opinions!

23. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

sounds like a laptop i more fitting lol

but of the 2, the 8 gigs sounds more like your ally if you have to get an ipt

24. shoelessone macrumors 6502

I could see Apple including GPS, because it may be a central part of the App store before too long.

I also personally WISH that they'd include a camera (I'd prefer this to GPS) so that I could upload photos places, etc.