There is no such thing as an iPad freakin Mini!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Bushy162, May 10, 2012.

1. Bushy162 macrumors member

The iPad is the smallest possible size with it being too small. So why on earth would Apple, the most intelligent company in the world, make a smaller iPad? :mad:

2. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

You're right, there is no such thing as an iPad Mini. Why? Because Apple never made one that you could buy, it can come but i'm not sure.

3. Syk macrumors 6502a

Sorry. There's no one size fits all.

Just because you don't want it to be smaller, doesn't mean there are some who do.

If Apple does decide to make a smaller iPad buy the larger screen one and let those that want the smaller screen one buy it.

4. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

5. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

If there is a market for a smaller version I see no problem with that.

No clue why you would though.

6. jabbawok macrumors regular

jabbawok

I agree.. The iPad is the right size, any smaller and it wouldn't be as nice to use. Much like the Galaxy Note, thats F%&king huge. Too small to be a good tablet and too big to use as a phone. You'd look like a right tool with that on the side of yer face..

7. taipan61 macrumors 6502

and this is a debate...why?
    if apple decides to, well then there will be one...not my personal choice, but hey i don't like mini coopers either...:D

8. eneisch macrumors 6502a

While I like the current form factor an iPad mini would allow apple to compete more directly with the best selling android tablet, the Amazon Fire as I assume there would be a lower price point for the mini. The size also may be more attractive to daily commuters...think the size of a paperback book as compared to a hardcover book.

9. madat42 macrumors regular

Why do people flip out about the size (and even color) of the iPad? Pick one. Done.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Such rage. Rage face man!

So what if they make one? I think there is a market for it. It is not for me, but I do think there's a market for it.

11. vrDrew macrumors 65816

There is an iPad Mini: Its called the iPod Touch (or the iPhone.) Something that does everything the iPad can - but in a conveniently smaller size.

Something some people never learn: Sometimes "more" of something isn't a good thing. Too many choices are not, necessarily, a good thing.

Right now, one of the biggest advantages Apple has in its iOS ecosystem is that developers only have to design for a relative handful of screen resolutions. Third-party accessory makers can concentrate on making nifty doodads for just a handful of devices. Apple grew to be the most successful tech company in the world by concentrating on a handful of devices.Why would they mess up that model to satisfy to whinging of people who think the Samsung Note is an actual "good idea?"

12. TheSuperSteve macrumors 6502

Actually, I got an iPad and I do want an iPad mini for certain things. I’m seriously considering buying a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 because the form factor is just really appealing to me. I’m sure a lot of people feel the same.

13. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

14. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

Lol you're a riot :D

15. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

I have a Samsung Galaxy 7 plus that I use alongside my iPad. I'm not an android fan, but use this device for a couple reasons. One is navigation for my car....it's a reasonably priced unit and nav is as good if not better than stand alone nav devices. Two, I use it as an Internet tablet for the car to look up various things especially on long trips. My iPad does this just fine, but I mounted this device in the car and gives me quick immediate access. Three, it is a great device for my son where the iPad is just a bit too big and the iPod touch/iphone is a bit too small. Now if I had all of this capability in an iPad version, I would jump on it instantly. Heck, I may even go to the local stereo installer shop and have a frame made to permanently install a 7" iPad into my dash. I can care less about local radio and this would do everything I need it to do. A 7" iPad would be very useful in my opinion. Won't give up my iPad 3 but would complement it.

16. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Because there is no such thing as Midgets, Dwarfs, and children!

17. Stetrain macrumors 68040

18. nickn macrumors 6502

Haha ok..... Anyways, prove it. Your not exactly substantiating any of your claims.

19. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

So iPods and iPhones are too small? Must be why they sell so well...;)

20. mayhone1 macrumors regular

Calm down, some people like the kindle fire and would switch to a apple product if they had one that was that size. Therefore a smart company could make a smaller ipad now that people really want one. Just because you don't doesn't mean it's the end all decision. You have too much time on your hands if your seriously getting angry over this. Take a walk or something. lol.

21. mcdj, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012

mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

we already have a thread like this, equally poor.

22. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Yes , they definitely wont call it the iPad freaking MIni, more likely just ipad mini or ipad 7 or something, but that was a good guess.

23. 3dflyboy1 macrumors 6502

I would buy a 7" iPad...10" is too big imo and I would rather use my 11" air in most situations where a 10" iPad would come into play.

24. eneisch macrumors 6502a

It has been stated on MacRumors and other sites that a 7" iPad would have the same resolution as the current iPad 2 (1024x768) but would be considered "retina" becuase of the higher pixel density. There would be no new screen resolution to design for. This is one of the factors that leads me to believe that an "iPad mini" may indeed happen.

25. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

*waves fingers across the screen*

"these are not the droids you are looking for"

Fin