Thinking of going caseless... [MERGED]

appleforme

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2009
White Mountains of Arizona
Where did you order the skins from? after using it Naked for a couple of hours im finding it has no grip whatsoever! either that or I have super smooth hands :D
[doublepost=1474978447][/doublepost]
Ouch! thats not a pretty sight :(
[doublepost=1474978647][/doublepost]Think Im going to have to look into some minimalist case options as the device just has no grip :( Its so sad having to veil such a beauty.
I ordered Skinomi skins from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J68036W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've had good luck with Skinomi skins on other iPhones and on my Apple Watch. Looks like they are currently back ordered at Amazon.

Reactions: Hirah82

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
No,not that confident honestly i can't use my phone without a case,I love spigen cases and using them since iPhone 5. i am going to order spigen liquid armor black for my jet black iPhone 7 when it arrives :)

Reactions: Hirah82 and ceva321

Agonzohockey13

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2013
Chicago, IL
Never been a fan of using a case and have never cracked my screen either. Just have to be careful with the phone. I normally like using just a full body screen protector. That will normally provide some type of grip. I ordered on from Amazon and just got it yesterday..now I just need my phone so I can put it on.

rijc99

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2015
so, last week I bought a new Ferrari...a little more expensive then a iPhone.
Yesterday I slapped a huge ugly TPU case around my Ferrari, now I dont see anything of that Ferrari anymore... Ah well, at least its protected now

bottom line: my 6th day now with my JetBlack iPhone 7,no scratches (I dont put my iPhone in the same pocket as my keys and coins)
Ofcourse I am going caseless. A case completely ruins my user experience of this beautiful design iPhone.
(have AppleCAre+ for my jetblack iPhone)
So I guess you're not aware that many people who buy nice cars actually do wrap their cars?

There's also brush guards, light guards, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: ceva321

Howyalikdemapls

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2013
I picked up the RhinoShield [CrashGuard] Bumper for $25. The sides are protected, and I can still admire the matte finish of the phone.
Dang, that looks great, but it seems overpriced. I don't think I can justify spending $25 on a silicone ring. You used to be able to buy all sorts of bumpers like that for the iPhone 4 on eBay for between $1 and $5.

HippieMagic

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2011
So I guess you're not aware that many people who buy nice cars actually do wrap their cars?

There's also brush guards, light guards, etc.
I had my car a month and scratched it... I have no faith in myself to rock a JB+ without some form of protection. I have gone caseless with the 6S a few times without a whole lot of problems, but I ALWAYS have a glass screen protector on it. Those things are definitely worth the few bucks thrown their way. It's a lot better to just peel it off and replace it rather than completely screw up the screen and pay like 20x more.

I have gone from bulkier cases to more slim/form fitting ones over the years, though. I only really need it to survive a 3' drop at most 99% of the time. Most thin cases can handle that fine.

QueenTyrone

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2016
I have a silicone case from Apple but I think I will just put a pop socket or one of those doohickies on it

Kjung7

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2013
Any of you guys use a sleeve? Just placed an order for one, but don't know if it'll it's something I'll be able to get used to.

its Dale

macrumors 6502
Apr 8, 2013
LA California
had my iphone 6 for two years, 90% without a case. eventually all 4 corners had scuffs from drops, but the screen (front) and rear looked perfect, except for micro scratches on the screen

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Just one warning OP. If you drop your phone and then post on this here forum I will not be gentle. Accidents are bound to happen and you should always use a case. No one here can guarantee that your phone will not fall to the ground.
Otherwise get Apple care because my matte black Plus is one slippery sob without a case.

rijc99

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2015
had my iphone 6 for two years, 90% without a case. eventually all 4 corners had scuffs from drops, but the screen (front) and rear looked perfect, except for micro scratches on the screen
Perfect example of why many of us use a case of some sort.

BigMar89

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
I had my Gold 6 Plus caseless 90% of the time since I purchased it 2 years ago. I went with a screen protector and Apple leather case for the first few months then went caseless up until I sold it so I can get the 7 Plus. Screen had very very small fine scratches on screen that were only visible with direct light and looking up close but other than that no scuffs, dents, scratches on the body. I'm not clumsy with my phones albeit the 6 Plus is a huge, slippery phone but never once dropped it.

I was going to go caseless from the start with my matte black 7 Plus but yesterday I opted to get the RED Apple Leather case which contrast very nicely with the black. I have been looking at the red Sena Ultra Slim leather sleeve for it because it seems to better suit my style.