Thinking of picking up MacBook. Need Help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dirpoland, Mar 12, 2016.

  1. Dirpoland macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2016
    Location:
    Chicago
    #1
    So I have been thinking about picking up another MacBook Pro but I haven't had one for 4 years now. I wanna know when the newest one will come out or is the ones they have now good?.. I'm going to use it for school and potentially some gaming but nothing major. I own a iPhone 6s Plus and I love it. Would the Mac and phone go together and work together? I know these sound like wierd questions but I wanna know what I should look into before spending over 1,600 dollars. Thank you!
     
  2. bfid111 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2015
    #2
    If you really need one right now, get it. If not, wait until new ones come out
     
  3. Dirpoland thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2016
    Location:
    Chicago
    #3
    I don't need it like this month but I would really need it by late April- very early May. Would it be better if I just waited a couple more weeks and see if they release the new MacBook Pro?
     
  4. Terrance94 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2016
    #4
    There's an Apple event on the 21st this month where we could see an update to some macs or at least get a better idea of when they plan to update (if not this month, most likely June). You should probably wait until they release it, but if you can't, at the very least wait until after the event. The current MBP's are still very good computers, and there won't be a huge difference in performance compared to the upcoming macs. You'll also get the current ones for a good price. Yes your iphone and Mac will work together
     
  5. Badrottie Suspended

    Badrottie

    Joined:
    May 8, 2011
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    #5
    Can you patience for a little longer? Apple is trying to make a PERFECT Mac and iPhone to work together in 10 years or so.
     
  6. tjleonard macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2013
    #6
    To his point, I would wait at least until the note on the 21st. I'm using a 12" MacBook currently and regret going to it and selling my 2013 MBPr. When I was playing with it to start, I noticed a slight speed difference so went ahead and got rid of my MBP. The MacBook is super awesome with mobility, but the speed is starting to drive me crazy. I just have too many programs open at one time that make it a little slower than I want. With all that said, i'm waiting until the 21st, and if not then, I may buy a MBPr to get me through until the upgrade. From everything I read, there is a big upgrade w/the Skylake processors that make it worth it.
     
  7. macuser27 macrumors regular

    macuser27

    Joined:
    Oct 8, 2011
    Location:
    London , UK
    #7
    With the majority on this , wait for the next release .
     

Share This Page