This is RIDICULOUS!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LonginottiFilms, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LonginottiFilms macrumors member

:mad:You may remember me- I'm the guy who got his leg burned by the iPhone 3G- well, I'm fed up! Here's the deal: After my phone burned me, I had it replaced and signed a legal document saying I was fine and had no intention for a lawsuit. For a good will gesture, Apple sent me a time capsule and a bluetooth headset for free. Well, since July- almost a year ago, I've had 11 iPhone replacements... yeah- 11 IPHONE REPLACEMENTS!!!!!!!!!!! I've had one by one with a different problem every time: Disk issues, Dead pixels, Joan Rivers style cracking on the back... The good will gestures have even failed! I've been a loyal consumer to Apple for years! I'm tired of it! I can't take this anymore- I'm a film maker and I need my phone every minute- but since I've been sending it in EVERY MONTH! I can't get the people I need or the supplies- I have lost thousands of dollars and a year of college credit because of it. I'm really fed up. I'm going to see if I can get this POS replaced with the 3GS Maybe I'll have more luck. Please comment, I need some support right now. I HATE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:
    :apple:James

2. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

James,

I feel your pain, but I think instead of support, you're about to be flamed my man.

3. sam011989 macrumors regular

you were probably better off taking legal action before you signed the waver

4. iphone3gss macrumors member

You probably should just go with a different phone. You are probably nitpicking. Probably? What am I saying, you just said you've had 11 replacements. Quit looking for something to be wrong with the thing.

5. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

Wow. sorry to say it, OP, but you must be a statistical anomaly.

At anyrate, if you needed your phone 24/7, you should have gotten a brick of a phone with capabilities that were the bare minimum of what your equired. :eek:

6. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

7. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

doubleatheman

Uhhhh 11?

I thought I was bad after I swapped for my third iPhone 2g.

Nice thing apple does if you have a problem they fix it.

Please if you don't like it dont buy it.

8. LonginottiFilms thread starter macrumors member

When I say dead pixels, I mean lines of pixels... as for disk issues, the phone can't store information... and the cracking? it's been far more severe than those cracks you "look for"... I'm not nitpicking- I'm just getting the worst- I'm tired of dealing with customer support... I'm tired of being transfered from department to department from an "automated service which can 'handle' complete sentences" I don't want a different phone, the ones that work are far more superior than any other... agree?:confused:

9. sam011989 macrumors regular

10. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

should have sued. you would have gotten more money. ydi. and if you cant go to college without an iphone thats your own problem. not everyone has a phone in college.

11. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Maybe there's a problem with the power outlet you're using or something. Because if you get one faulty device, two faulty devices, even five or six faulty devices all in a row within the span of a year, even that many I could believe is just a streak of bad luck. But 11 faulty devices in a row all within one year? I have trouble believing your luck is so astronomically bad that all the millions and millions of other users wound up with a working device within the first few devices they were shipped, but that you just randomly wound up getting the rare faulty device time after time after time. It's possible, so I'm not going to say anything for certain, but on the face of it it seems so unlikely an occurrence that I think there MUST be another factor. Like maybe the guy who delivers to your house is really rough and damages your units in the mail, or maybe your power outlet is faulty, or maybe there's a lot of static charge build up in the area where you frequently keep the device, or whatever.

12. Stiss macrumors 6502a

I remember it burning your leg! That picture looked nasty.

Well I think 11 replacements is a lot. I've had 2. But I whole heartedly believe all the faults were genuine.

13. LonginottiFilms thread starter macrumors member

14. zorahk macrumors 6502

K, so this is a joke topic.

15. TLewis macrumors 65816

Seriously, if you're having that much trouble, dump the iPhone and get something else.

16. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

17. LonginottiFilms thread starter macrumors member

I'm going to college for film- I was in charge of a production, I had to write a script, film, and produce it, since my phone wasn't reliable, all of the production went to hell and I wasted a year because of my failing grade and lack of film.

18. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Good catch, I didn't notice this. How could problems with your phone cause you to lose a YEAR of school? I could even see it causing you to lose out on a half year of school if it burned you so badly that you had to spend a few weeks in a burn unit of a hospital, but how does it cause you to lose out on an entire year? I'm having a harder and harder time believing this whole story.

19. LonginottiFilms thread starter macrumors member

20. Stiss macrumors 6502a

I think he means a year of college CREDIT.

i don't know what that means exactly cause we don't have such a thing here in the UK.

21. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

THAT'S how you're saying it caused you to lose a year of school?! Dude, that's crazy. Dude, if your life is THAT dependent on a phone, then you you should have all your phone numbers backed up. Then if there's a problem with it you can buy a disposable phone so you don't lose a year off your goals. Sorry dude, you can't blame the iphone for causing your problems at school.

22. LonginottiFilms thread starter macrumors member

^^^^^READ ABOVE^^^^^
    I was in charge of a film and my phone was the means of communication. believe the damn story or not- it's true. maybe not a year of college, more like 8 credit hours (4 classes in 2 semesters)- which still sucks

23. Kaidan macrumors member

Kaidan

Can I have the lead role?

24. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

you don't seem to have luck with apple. so here I tell you. move on. iphone is not only damn smart phone in the market. try Palm Pre! why not! or HTC google phone whatever.

25. LonginottiFilms thread starter macrumors member

Sure... Let's get an academy award. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.