Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Free email for life?? False advertising!

Originally posted by Harthansen

No you dumb piece of sh*t. Those links you posted do not bring you anywhere, but to mac.com's homepage. There is no option to get an email only account, unless you have already bought a .mac account!!! why don't you try reading! Do you need hooked on phonics? I am sure the local high school has night classes for thier slower students.
-Hart

I guess i have to spell it out moron:

Harthansen

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2002
Originally posted by King Cobra

If you had the $$ would you get the software and stay with Macs?

But yes I would and I probally will stay with the macs. I am just getting pissed at apple, and I want someone to invent a untopian computer that never crashes, the really fast and works perfect with all software. What apple really should do is make a version of OS-X for the PC. Then all would be great, because NO matter what I said on this post, I HATE Microsoft more then George W. Bush and thats pretty bad. Hell I own stock in Apple. There on my good side. The major complaint I have is apple's cost!!!

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Harthansen, I am quite certain you are not the only one. But, don't forget, if you want the best, you've gotta pay a price. It's like a brand new (whatever your favorite car is).

On the other hand, if you have ABSOLUTELY NO ALTERNATIVE and you have to switch to peecees, then I guess you've got to do it. The best of luck in the field and, especially, in trying to avoid all the bugs from the software.

I have a feeling you will always want Apple to remain the best. So check here as often as you can and diss your peecee every day it has problems. Deal. :cool:

Harthansen

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Free email for life?? False advertising!

Originally posted by Moxiemike

I guess i have to spell it out moron:

Well I guess I was wrong , but thats OK cause your still an As*hole I missed the help section that gave that explaination of what to do.
BUT! Why don't you try following those instructions there is not an Email account management button. This maybe a future upgrade, but you cannot perform this task now.
-Hart

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Originally posted by Grokgod
I have to agree with TJWett!

The APPLE machines are in BAD shape!

The iMACS are not TOYS! I wish they were then at least they would be able to play games! like a toy should!

But they cant do that, they barely surf, thats not right for such an expensive machine. thats why they are sitting on warehouses and not being sold.

Along with the DP gigers!

Let's not be getting too silly now... I play some pretty hardcore games every once in a while on my PM533 with GeForce2MX and the iMac, esp. with 4MX, can, at bare minimum, keep up with my machine in one program situations. So, unless you are jumping back and forth between multiple 3D games at once, the iMac is more than capable.

I think you know just as well as I do that the iMacs are not being sold due to a downturn in the market. You are the one being "freakin ridiculous".

APPLE can start a collection of failed units.! They look good but are useless!

The COULD but it would not include the new iMac.... it is selling more units than most PCs.

Cant sell units so APPLE is gonna charge money for free email that they promised would be FREE FOR LIVE....did they think we forgot?

I don't ever remember being told it would be free for life just that it was free. And tell me, if there is a downturn in the economy and computer makers everywhere are disappearing, what should Apple do... sit back and go under as well??? Maybe they should charge for doing a service but give it to you for free.

Why the hell should Apple give anything away for free? I would like someone to answer that question. Apple has been far too nice to you people and you have become ungratful swine.

Pcheeses suck at video, NO doubt about it.
but what are the choices?

Reamed by M$ or A$$LE?

This is freakin ridiculous.

Pretty simple to me... Apple all way.

I am going to have to reconsider my entire life here!
ANd the way that I make money, because this is insane.

Reconsider your whole life because Apple wants you to pay for email.... jesus man, go out and get some sun, u been tucked inside to long. Go get yo some bitches.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Free email for life?? False advertising!

Well I guess I was wrong , but thats OK cause your still an As*hole I missed the help section that gave that explaination of what to do.
BUT! Why don't you try following those instructions there is not an Email account management button. This maybe a future upgrade, but you cannot perform this task now.
-Hart

Right and if you call aplpe and reference this, they'll let you know that you can "downgrade" to email only when your tiral expires. :) :) :)

chewbaccapits

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2001
Torrance, Californizzel
You know...

some of you guys are so impatient....Want all this power and bitch when apple doesn't give you what you want.....I worked on Adam Sandler's 8 crazy nights (animated movie coming this Dec.) and was around the editing on Mr. Deeds, and both these two shows were edited entirely on an old power mac....9000 series I believe, it used an older version of avid software....Our editing suites were at Warner Bros. Feature Animation studio in Sherman Oaks, Calif., so I had the chance to see some of there shows....Everything from animation to reality tv shows, like elimidate, anyways, They all used g4 systems..more than likely dual processors...I don't know of the speed, but they had to be purchase around last year....The point of all this is that they edited HEAVY shows and it was all done on MACS...old mac or new mac ,doesn't matter, the stuff got done. what can are you DOING THAT YOU FEEL MACS HAVEN"T SUPPLIED ENOUGH POWER! Eventhough the PM haven't been bumped yet the other macs out there are still great. and don't start telling me that they're old and crap...because if the G5's came out yesterday...this time next year you would be bitching that the power is slim AGAIN.....I have my g4 450 that still whips ass...i use it for editing and animation...I still works wonders...The only compliant is that as soon as I bought it it became old hat and that feels real crappy....

But again, many of you come across as Apple hasn't done ****...In the last couple of years, they've done ALOT ( for lack of a better word). Don't you remember?

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Free email for life?? False advertising!

-Hart

Right and if you call aplpe and reference this, they'll let you know that you can "downgrade" to email only when your tiral expires. :) :) :)

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Re: You know...

Originally posted by chewbaccapits
some of you guys are so impatient....Want all this power and bitch when apple doesn't give you what you want.....I worked on Adam Sandler's 8 crazy nights (animated movie coming this Dec.) and was around the editing on Mr. Deeds, and both these two shows were edited entirely on an old power mac....9000 series I believe, it used an older version of avid software....Our editing suites were at Warner Bros. Feature Animation studio in Sherman Oaks, Calif., so I had the chance to see some of there shows....Everything from animation to reality tv shows, like elimidate, anyways, They all used g4 systems..more than likely dual processors...I don't know of the speed, but they had to be purchase around last year....The point of all this is that they edited HEAVY shows and it was all done on MACS...old mac or new mac ,doesn't matter, the stuff got done. what can are you DOING THAT YOU FEEL MACS HAVEN"T SUPPLIED ENOUGH POWER! Eventhough the PM haven't been bumped yet the other macs out there are still great. and don't start telling me that they're old and crap...because if the G5's came out yesterday...this time next year you would be bitching that the power is slim AGAIN.....I have my g4 450 that still whips ass...i use it for editing and animation...I still works wonders...The only compliant is that as soon as I bought it it became old hat and that feels real crappy....

But again, many of you come across as Apple hasn't done ****...In the last couple of years, they've done ALOT ( for lack of a better word). Don't you remember?

If I have 10 thumbs, they would all be up

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Easy there, Mike. You don't need to go double trouble on this guy. :D

Mike, Hart, settle down already. The words are, plain and simple, you can still do email for free. You have to pay for the rest.

And lay off the language and name calling. I don't care who is wrong, but this type of senario doesn't belong here. As long as you two are part of Macrumors you have rules to follow. I'm not kissing up to arn, but, plain and simple, calm down.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Originally posted by zarathustra

OK. Let me understand:

1. You have been into audio/video, assuming on a Mac.
2. Apple starts charging 49.00 for .Mac (a service that can be replaced)
3. $129 for an OS upgrade is enough to chew your arm off.
4. You buy two new Pentium systems for $2400 vs. $180 for upgrades , and abandon a system that even by your admission works best for you?

My only understanding of all this is that you are either pretending to be a professional audio/video mac user or you are just full of it.
I personally work on an "OLD" 400 Mhz system and, granted, sometimes it feels sluggish with a 900 MB photoshop file, but it's a proven tool that I can rely on.
Later.

First of all, the price issues with OSX and .Mac are not the reason for any of my decisions. They just p!ss me off on a personal level. iTools was told to be "free for life" and now it's $100 a year. Ofcourse I can afford to pay it but that's not the point. It's the principal of it. I don't know about you but I for one am not someone who allows people to screw me over, no matter how big or small the issue is. You can get the shaft from Apple all you want, but I choose not to. And I didn't "abandon" Apple. Jesus Christ man, I don't know Apple. We're not married. Why do I owe them my loyalty or anything else for that matter? If I'm not happy with something I get something else. That's why I live in America. I'm not going to continue to buy from a company just to keep them going. If I knew people would get so emotional over a computer I never would have posted anything at all. And by the way, you should never assume anything about people that you don't know. I wouldn't waste my time defendnig my profession, spending habits, or personal decisions to a faceless nickname on an internet message board. I've better things to do. As you can see from any of my posts in the past, I've NEVER directed negative comments towards anyone on this forum. Anything bad I have to say is usually about computers and related topics. Personal comments are childish and I don't go there. I suggest you do the same. It blows my mind the way people freak when you say anything bad about Apple, even if it's true. At the end of the day, it's just another company making tools.

Moxiemike

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2002
Pittsburgh, PA
Originally posted by King Cobra
Easy there, Mike. You don't need to go double trouble on this guy. :D

Mike, Hart, settle down already. The words are, plain and simple, you can still do email for free. You have to pay for the rest.

And lay off the language and name calling. I don't care who is wrong, but this type of senario doesn't belong here. As long as you two are part of Macrumors you have rules to follow. I'm not kissing up to arn, but, plain and simple, calm down.

I hear ya. I just hate how people jump to conclusions without researching fully.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
I've recently come to realize that we're all running around like a bunch of spoiled kids, yelling and screaming, because some one stole our candy.

We had a good run - I have 8 iDisk accounts that i use for movies and photos, all for free. Well, I'll have to find somewhere else to put it now. I know I'm not the only one and I don't use it for an email account, I've got two domains for that.

I think people need to relax and think about what they're complaining about.

sneed

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2002
Los Angeles
Originally posted by tjwett

As you can see from any of my posts in the past, I've NEVER directed negative comments towards anyone on this forum. Anything bad I have to say is usually about computers and related topics. Personal comments are childish and I don't go there. I suggest you do the same. It blows my mind the way people freak when you say anything bad about Apple, even if it's true. At the end of the day, it's just another company making tools.

You certainly have made negative comments. Perhaps not to anyone specifically, but to everyone who doesn't particularly agree with you about Apple.

I am just fine with Apple, and where it's going. Does that make me a spoiled child?

If I can do my job with the equipment I have, does that mean I'm not a pro user like you?

Chewbaccapits gave you pretty specific creds, is he the faceless nickname?

This is, unless I am mistaken, a forum, and if you are going to make anti-mac comments here, then you should expect a response. If you don't have the time to defend yourself, don't make the comments. What did you expect by starting the thread? That everyone would clap and cheer, and offer you a ride on their shoulders? For Christ's Sake, if you are going to swtich to a PC, just do it.

First its that apple treated you wrong, now its the forums that treated you wrong. Well, it must be rough being you. Have fun on your new machines, and save the inflammatory comments for Microsoft support.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Tjwett...

Its so funny just reading your posts.

I could bet you a million dollars that you will not get anything done faster on your AMDs than if you had a mac. I mean, you do not do that intensive work! Pixar makes hard core graphic movies, and they use macs.

What do you make...animations? Do you make the sounds for "Bevis and Butthead?"

mmmdreg

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Originally posted by ptrauber
shut the hell up!

he he he

-pete
Yeah shutup everyone..stop whinging at each other...BTW, that email account only switching thing is obviously not available yet so just be patient till it comes...after all, patience is a virtue..

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Originally posted by sneed

You certainly have made negative comments. Perhaps not to anyone specifically, but to everyone who doesn't particularly agree with you about Apple.

I am just fine with Apple, and where it's going. Does that make me a spoiled child?

If I can do my job with the equipment I have, does that mean I'm not a pro user like you?

Chewbaccapits gave you pretty specific creds, is he the faceless nickname?

This is, unless I am mistaken, a forum, and if you are going to make anti-mac comments here, then you should expect a response. If you don't have the time to defend yourself, don't make the comments. What did you expect by starting the thread? That everyone would clap and cheer, and offer you a ride on their shoulders? For Christ's Sake, if you are going to swtich to a PC, just do it.

First its that apple treated you wrong, now its the forums that treated you wrong. Well, it must be rough being you. Have fun on your new machines, and save the inflammatory comments for Microsoft support.

Allright, what the fu*k are you talking about? First, I specifically said that I've never made negative comments towards individuals. That means personal remarks, insults, etc. I haven't, yet. I would never **** on someone for diagreeing with me. I think you have your parties reversed. And what is a "Chewbaccapits"? I take it that's someone on the forum but my reply was aimed at the individual who said "either you are pretending to blah blah blah, or you are just full of it". I said that I don't go around proving myself to strangers(faceless nicknames) and where I come from people don't assume or make accusations unless they know who/what they are talking about. Everyone on here is a faceless nickname. Me, and you, and everyone else. We are a bunch of strangers typing to eachother and we sure as hell can't see eachother. We are known by a nickname and maybe an avatar. Get it? Faceless Straangers? Does it make any sense to you yet? Do and say whatever you like. I do. But do not, ever, put words into my mouth or think that you can have the right of speaking for me.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
You better be real rich, Aztec. The games on peecees, for some reason, beat out game play on Macs. I just read a review of a $30 road rage game for the Mac and if you have a 400MHz computer or slower, and less than, basically, 800MB of space, you're gonna have problems. You need such a fast computer just to get smooth gameplay.

For the rest...lots of luck, plain and simple.

I'm so sick of people whinning like this, so let me put it this way:
For those, who just all of a sudden got sick of Apple because of some .mac charges, a pricey OS upgrade and no new PowerMacs, and want to get a peecee so bad, grow a ƒucking d!!k. I'm not too sure if this applies to anyone here, since I don't want to waste my time reading this bullcrap, but for anyone who just WANTS to switch to a peecee and doesn't NEED to switch, grow one.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Re: Tjwett...

Originally posted by MacAztec
Its so funny just reading your posts.

I could bet you a million dollars that you will not get anything done faster on your AMDs than if you had a mac. I mean, you do not do that intensive work! Pixar makes hard core graphic movies, and they use macs.

What do you make...animations? Do you make the sounds for "Bevis and Butthead?"

Yes, you are right. I make the sounds for Beavis and Butthead and construction paper animations. What do you do?

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Re: Re: Tjwett...

Originally posted by tjwett

Yes, you are right. I make the sounds for Beavis and Butthead and construction paper animations. What do you do?

Yes, you are right. I make the sounds for Beavis and Butthead and construction paper animations. I also make stuff out of macaroni and play doh.
What do you do? Oh wait, that's right. I don't care.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.