Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
>>(tjwett)Yes, you are right. I make the sounds for Beavis and Butthead and construction paper animations. What do you do?
>(tjwett)Yes, you are right. I make the sounds for Beavis and Butthead and construction paper animations. I also make stuff out of macaroni and play doh.
What do you do? Oh wait, that's right. I don't care.

I think you are really starting to get on everyone's nerves. I wouldn't be surprised if someone has already suggested you be banned. So far, you've done worse than refer to yourself in the 3rd person. :cool:

sneed

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2002
Los Angeles
Originally posted by tjwett

Allright, what the fu*k are you talking about? First, I specifically said that I've never made negative comments towards individuals. That means personal remarks, insults, etc. I haven't, yet. I would never **** on someone for diagreeing with me. I think you have your parties reversed. And what is a "Chewbaccapits"? I take it that's someone on the forum but my reply was aimed at the individual who said "either you are pretending to blah blah blah, or you are just full of it". I said that I don't go around proving myself to strangers(faceless nicknames) and where I come from people don't assume or make accusations unless they know who/what they are talking about. Everyone on here is a faceless nickname. Me, and you, and everyone else. We are a bunch of strangers typing to eachother and we sure as hell can't see eachother. We are known by a nickname and maybe an avatar. Get it? Faceless Straangers? Does it make any sense to you yet? Do and say whatever you like. I do. But do not, ever, put words into my mouth or think that you can have the right of speaking for me.

If we are all a bunch of faceless stangers, than how can any of these comments be considered personal? Hmmmm?

You tell me I can say whatever I like (thanks for the permission BTW,) but you seem perfectly willing to tell me all the things I can't say. As to your edicts, I haven't put words in your mouth, but I will interpret what you have said however I please, so far as you make them publicly.

As to whether or not I get it? I certainly do get it. More than that, I get you. I may not know your name, but I know who you are.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Originally posted by King Cobra
You better be real rich, Aztec. The games on peecees, for some reason, beat out game play on Macs. I just read a review of a $30 road rage game for the Mac and if you have a 400MHz computer or slower, and less than, basically, 800MB of space, you're gonna have problems. You need such a fast computer just to get smooth gameplay.

For the rest...lots of luck, plain and simple.

I'm so sick of people whinning like this, so let me put it this way:
For those, who just all of a sudden got sick of Apple because of some .mac charges, a pricey OS upgrade and no new PowerMacs, and want to get a peecee so bad, grow a ƒucking d!!k. I'm not too sure if this applies to anyone here, since I don't want to waste my time reading this bullcrap, but for anyone who just WANTS to switch to a peecee and doesn't NEED to switch, grow one.

I don't think anyone could possibly WANT to switch to PC. I truly feel that I NEED to and no one can seem to handle it. I'm not happy about it but I set a time limit and what I needed never surfaced. You would think these people are having sex with their computers the way the get so upset. Oh my God! Apple is going to lose a customer! This person can't work with the current PowerMacs? They must be a fu@!$*#^ ass&*@#! Do you think Apple thinks this much about you people? Give me a break. They don't care. Apple wouldn't piss you out if you were on fire. There must be something else in your lives besides these computers. Right?

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
>>(tjwett)Yes, you are right. I make the sounds for Beavis and Butthead and construction paper animations. What do you do?
>(tjwett)Yes, you are right. I make the sounds for Beavis and Butthead and construction paper animations. I also make stuff out of macaroni and play doh.
What do you do? Oh wait, that's right. I don't care.

I think you are really starting to get on everyone's nerves. I wouldn't be surprised if someone has already suggested you be banned. So far, you've done worse than refer to yourself in the 3rd person. :cool:

Must have hit the wrong button or something. Anyway, go ahead and ban me. Do me a favor. Before I wind up like the rest of you. Back in my parents basement, living by the gospel according to Steve. Ban me before I get to 4000 posts on a silly internet message board and actually take time out of my day to create an animated avatar. You are probably a bunch of overweight, undersexed, Star Wars fanatics or something. Please, I want out of this club of zeroes. Ban me! Then everybody go get some sense, and get a life. Atleast get out of the house. And don't wear your wizard cape from Saturday night's D&D tournament. Have fun you saps.

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002

I don't think anyone could possibly WANT to switch to PC. I truly feel that I NEED to and no one can seem to handle it. I'm not happy about it but I set a time limit and what I needed never surfaced. You would think these people are having sex with their computers the way the get so upset. Oh my God! Apple is going to lose a customer! This person can't work with the current PowerMacs? They must be a fu@!$*#^ ass&*@#! Do you think Apple thinks this much about you people? Give me a break. They don't care. Apple wouldn't piss you out if you were on fire. There must be something else in your lives besides these computers. Right?

I am sorry, I think I hear a kettle calling a pot black. "Do not, ever, put words into my mouth or think that you can have the right of speaking for me." You would have no idea whether people want to switch or not you "fu@!$*#^ ass&*@#".

"There must be something else in your lives besides these computers. Right?"

I could ask you the same thing... you're the one getting all upset because you did not get a faster PowerMac that looks and sounds cool while not being used at 100% capacity.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
>Pin-Fisher is gettin upset :D
ROTFLMAO! Cute...

> I don't think anyone could possibly WANT to switch to PC. I truly feel that I NEED to and no one can seem to handle it.... Apple wouldn't piss you out if you were on fire. There must be something else in your lives besides these computers. Right?

If you NEED a peecee, but you still enjoy Macs a lot more, then you don't deserve to get yelled at. I only brought it up because I saw some people making threads, who, I think, were switching because of some unexpected/disappointing things announced (or not announced) at MWNY. If you are just impatient and want a new computer right now—you can't wait a GD month—you fall under the catagory of not having "one".

But it just seems that you are absolutely up in arms about this. Take a damn blue pepsi and calm down already. I really should offer you two of these.

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
>Pin-Fisher is gettin upset :D
ROTFLMAO! Cute...

> I don't think anyone could possibly WANT to switch to PC. I truly feel that I NEED to and no one can seem to handle it.... Apple wouldn't piss you out if you were on fire. There must be something else in your lives besides these computers. Right?

If you NEED a peecee, but you still enjoy Macs a lot more, then you don't deserve to get yelled at. I only brought it up because I saw some people making threads, who, I think, were switching because of some unexpected/disappointing things announced (or not announced) at MWNY. If you are just impatient and want a new computer right now—you can't wait a GD month—you fall under the catagory of not having "one".

But it just seems that you are absolutely up in arms about this. Take a damn blue pepsi and calm down already. I really should offer you two of these.

You and ur ***** blue pepsi
:)

sneed

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2002
Los Angeles
I have a real question

Without having to work to hard at it, what system have you been using for your AV work? Any acceleration hardware? Your profile says you have ti550 and a cube 450, anything else?

Just curious.

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Well, allen, if you don't like our special blue why don't you try one of our other famous brand colors? :D :D

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Well, allen, if you don't like our special blue why don't you try one of our other famous brand colors? :D :D

hhhmmmm.... that purple does look pretty tempting.
LOL

I just wish they would bring Vanilla Coke to Oz
:)

Don't have purple vanilla pepsi do ya?

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
>Don't have purple vanilla pepsi do ya?
Actually, I do have it available. But if I PMed you about where to get it, I would have to kill you. :D :D

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Re: I have a real question

Originally posted by sneed
Without having to work to hard at it, what system have you been using for your AV work? Any acceleration hardware? Your profile says you have ti550 and a cube 450, anything else?

Just curious.
work-800, dual 533, 933, SCSI HDs and a TC PowerCore card recently. home-sold the cube on eBay long ago. selling the 550 now.

madamimadam

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2002
Re: Re: I have a real question

work-800, dual 533, 933, SCSI HDs and a TC PowerCore card recently. home-sold the cube on eBay long ago. selling the 550 now.

Jesus Christ.... you are not clustering why???

Why buy PCs when you could link up everything you have.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
Re: Re: Re: I have a real question

Originally posted by madamimadamtimallen

Jesus Christ.... you are not clustering why???

Why buy PCs when you could link up everything you have.

as i said earlier, i run network renders in all software that allows.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
when's the last time hp/compaq/dell/m$ gave us free webspace, email, etc without ever really having to buy a computer of theirs in the first place??

whats that??

oh yeah...never.

just quit your ****ing bitching and know your role. there comes a time when a company needs to be concerned about the return its getting on major investments like...say...operating systems. getting what YOU want and your favorite computer company actually surviving thru a financial winter are somehow connected :rolleyes:

YOU! Out of the gene pool.

sneed

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2002
Los Angeles
No accelleration?

... for video I mean. So are you keeping your towers? If so, or if not even, you may want to bulk up your support hardware. Then you'll see a boost. You're doing After Effects right? Try ICEing it before you make the big move.

Sounds like your audio solution should be treating you right tho.

How are you managing your storage drives?

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
you have a business?? write off the expense of iTools. simple. you might just have a cut down on all those private "functions" at seedy motels. i mean, yeah i guess they do function as "studios" for ya.:rolleyes:

tjwett

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC

... for video I mean. So are you keeping your towers? If so, or if not even, you may want to bulk up your support hardware. Then you'll see a boost. You're doing After Effects right? Try ICEing it before you make the big move.

Sounds like your audio solution should be treating you right tho.

How are you managing your storage drives?

ICE boards are like six grand a piece. i run a small outfit and simply can't do it. plus i already have a lot of the extras that they throw in to jack up the price. it's not really an option for me right now. the towers are still there. i guess i'll let them "race" and who ever wins stays. for the PCs, i went Carillon.

sneed

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2002
Los Angeles

ICE boards are like six grand a piece. i run a small outfit and simply can't do it. plus i already have a lot of the extras that they throw in to jack up the price. it's not really an option for me right now.

I have seen them listed for half that... but good luck to you anyway. I hope the new system(s) meets your expectations (although they seem a little high. :) )

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by dukestreet
IWe had a good run - I have 8 iDisk accounts that i use for movies and photos, all for free. Well, I'll have to find somewhere else to put it now. I know I'm not the only one and I don't use it for an email account, I've got two domains for that.

I think people need to relax and think about what they're complaining about.

Whenever I sign up for a free internet service, I keep in mind that odds are it won't last forever. iDisk is no different.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.