Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DriedTurnip

macrumors member
May 28, 2013
DPRK
If it gets released in China for the first wave (highly unlikely), then maybe those of us the the US will actually get a spot in a line at a store and get a Watch :confused:

Considering the potential size of the market in China Apple would do well to prioritise it for all releases.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
I was guesstimating on the hardcore people who line up would be around 10% of the lines that normally form for an iPhone launch. I did not say that 10% of iPhone owners would get an Apple Watch as that's simply not going to happen.

From what I have seen and witnessed so far, the Apple Watch is a very niche product that no one really needs. It will be able to do some cool stuff, but then my blender can do some cool stuff too.

Practically everyone has a blender.

heeloliver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2014
Wait, you don't even want to try the watch on before you order it?

Good point I guess. But considering I can return it, and knowing I'd most likely enjoy it, I'd go for it. I miss the convenience of my Pebble but I want something with Apple design.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
Their marketing efforts have been distinctly global. That's a strong hint to me that it's getting a global launch.

Have you noticed the countries they have been focusing on?

EN_Graph3_1.jpg

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
I was already preparing to fly to New York or Chicago to get my Apple Watch. Good to know that I will probably be able to walk to a nearby Apple Store in Toronto instead.

GizmoDVD

macrumors 68030
Oct 11, 2008
SoCal
From what I have seen and witnessed so far, the Apple Watch is a very niche product that no one really needs. It will be able to do some cool stuff, but then my blender can do some cool stuff too.

Pretty much exactly what we heard about the iPad before it launched. But then it did. And now everyone is doing tablets.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
can't wait to buy some bands for it on aliexpress :D
I don't actually need one so I am gonna get the cheapest edition possible. I just want sth new to play around with. I know first world problem

marioguarneros

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2011
The other thing that gets me about the Apple Watch is that the cheap versions look cheap. Only the premium versions look half-passable.

So you have seen them live? where? what made them look cheap according to your live testing?

Looking forward to your feedback since you seem to have a lot of insight before the public launch.

agsystems

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
The other thing that gets me about the Apple Watch is that the cheap versions look cheap. Only the premium versions look half-passable.

Actually - the "42mm Space Gray Aluminum Case with Black Sport Band" looks quite decent and very muted as opposed to the green, white and pink colors.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
No, welcome to the world of the internet. Where you can buy clothes and shoes online without trying on.

If it does't fit, I'll exchange. It's worked fine so far with my previous Pebbles and MetaWatch.

Well, this is an almost totally new device. I'd like to see one, try one and read as many reviews I can before buy it.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
So you have seen them live? where? what made them look cheap according to your live testing?

Looking forward to your feedback since you seem to have a lot of insight before the public launch.

The colours of the straps, particularly on the Sports straps demoed are an acquired taste, they reminded me of the late 90's Nike sports watches. I personally didn't like them as to me they looked dated & silly and pretty awful in the flesh. Lets just say they look better in photos and if I had to choose I'd go for boring black. The actual watch part is lighter than I imagined. Can't comment on the software side as it was too early to tell and it's unfair to comment on unfinished software, unless we are talking about Yosemite.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.