Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Hopefully this means they won't be in short supply like iPhones are at launch.

Even if it isn't very popular unless Apple horribly overestimates demand they will be sure to keep production small enough that they get the free publicity from shortages for a week or two.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
From a logistics standpoint it would make sense to keep it US exclusive at the beginning.

There are going to be a lot of SKUs, a lot of small boxes all over the place. And if bands are separate from the watch body, God forbid. People will be getting bands with no watch, or watches with no bands :confused:.

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
The colours of the straps, particularly on the Sports straps demoed are an acquired taste.

Based on my Casio collection I'm quite happy with the colours......

10895389_1595664390657240_183427495_n.jpg

agsystems

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
So you have seen them live? where? what made them look cheap according to your live testing?

Looking forward to your feedback since you seem to have a lot of insight before the public launch.

Agreed...the build quality of the Apple Watch its a billion times more advanced than the pebble - no clue how well they will sell but there is not doubt this is a very advance watch.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
From a logistics standpoint it would make sense to keep it US exclusive at the beginning.

There are going to be a lot of SKUs, a lot of small boxes all over the place. And if bands are separate from the watch body, God forbid. People will be getting bands with no watch, or watches with no bands :confused:.

If they can release regional variations of Macs & iPhone's with different keyboards, power adapters, cellular bands and other localisation differences, then the Apple Watch should be a cinch.

----------

I did once, now I'm happy to be either on time, late or a little early depending what I wear!

Alright, that made me chuckle.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Is it weird I have zero interest in the iWatch?

No, there are a lot of people who aren't interested in it. What Apple is going to need in order for the :apple:watch to be successful is to find out how to get a lot of those people interested. In the past with new apple products there were a lot more people interested in them before release than there is with the watch.

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
I hope this means that Apple Pay will be expanding to other countries as part of the Apple Watch roll out. Otherwise, one of the features of the watch will be kind of useless.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
If they can release regional variations of Macs & iPhone's with different keyboards, power adapters, cellular bands and other localisation differences, then the Apple Watch should be a cinch.

----------

Alright, that made me chuckle.

These are prepackaged though, and based on knowing about how many to stock. This is a new product category with many options made on the fly, and then shipped out.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
So what date is everyone thinking? Early April? With an event a week from today April 3 sounds good to me....or April 3 pre-order date with April 10 delivery?

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
I was guesstimating on the hardcore people who line up would be around 10% of the lines that normally form for an iPhone launch. I did not say that 10% of iPhone owners would get an Apple Watch as that's simply not going to happen.

From what I have seen and witnessed so far, the Apple Watch is a very niche product that no one really needs. It will be able to do some cool stuff, but then my blender can do some cool stuff too.

You are doing a marketing analysis based on what? Your sensation about the forum?
I don't know how you can tell the Apple watch will be a Niche product.....

pipa

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Bitcoin City
Everyone said the lines for the ipad on day one would be small and I remember the fifth ave apple sore here in NYC had a line 4 blocks long. I can assure you that this watch is going to be much of the same. And the only differnece is going to be that with the ipad it was pretty much a quick thing where you knew what you wanted and grabbed it. with the watch people are going to want to try them on and it will be a big mess day one. I myself will stroll into a apple store after a couple days to try it and then decide to buy it or order online depending on the lines.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
The other thing that gets me about the Apple Watch is that the cheap versions look cheap. Only the premium versions look half-passable.

You are trying to pass along personal opinions as facts. They are not.
I don't know if I'm going to buy one, actually I don't think so. But surely I don't see anything cheap looking about any version. The sport version is very cool.

Steve121178

macrumors 603
Apr 13, 2010
Bedfordshire, UK
You are trying to pass along personal opinions as facts. They are not.
I don't know if I'm going to buy one, actually I don't think so. But surely I don't see anything cheap looking about any version. The sport version is very cool.

I'm expressing my opinion and I think it looks cheap. You don't have to agree with what I have to say.

Foss

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
If it gets released in China for the first wave (highly unlikely), then maybe those of us the the US will actually get a spot in a line at a store and get a Watch :confused:

One can hope that all the Chinese scalpers will not be taking up the whole line in NYC for the launch. I'm not holding my breath though.

Sodner

macrumors 68020
Jan 12, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Everyone said the lines for the ipad on day one would be small and I remember the fifth ave apple sore here in NYC had a line 4 blocks long. I can assure you that this watch is going to be much of the same. And the only differnece is going to be that with the ipad it was pretty much a quick thing where you knew what you wanted and grabbed it. with the watch people are going to want to try them on and it will be a big mess day one. I myself will stroll into a apple store after a couple days to try it and then decide to buy it or order online depending on the lines.

Having been in many launch day lines the 6 & 6+ line went extremely slow as many people want to compare the two sizes before buying. The watch line will be way worse with so many choices.

Oh please have preorders!

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I think that means..they overestimated the market, built way too many and need to sell them all.

Yes! Same was true of the iPhone 6 and the other iDevices Apple launched nearly simulatenously in the U.S. and other top markets. Waaaay overestimated the iPhone 6 for sure. /sarc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.