Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
bit off topic but searching this charity buzz site this made me chuckle....

P0zVUw1.png

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
A prank, or a very ballsy move.....earning a place in the 'dumbest things some crooks do' hall of shame.

I think the terms of the website state that bids are binding, so if a crook bids using a stolen credit card and the identity of the crook is found, he would owe that charity $605,000. (I'm sure Tim Cook would agree to visit him in jail for half an hour _after_ the full amount is paid).

----------

You'd pay $605,000 only to find out your coffee is only size Tall.

Not even a Grande or Venti.

For that amount of money, Tim Cook should let you use an iPhone 6 to order "one of each" from the nearest Starbucks, with Apple paying the bill :D

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
No, they don't invoice you. They directly debit your savings account for a large donation to the charity of your choice (which they determine automatically by data-mining all of your past Siri questions). So you make a huge charitable donation just by emailing Tim. It's the Apple style since "it just works!" ;)

If that's the case, then I think Yahoo Weather (if that's where the data is pulled from) will get a substantial donation in my name! :D

I would bid $1000 to have a date with Laurene Powell Jobs.

I hear she is rich! And single. :apple:

Real nice. :(

Yeah, and sending him an e-mail is totally equivalent to sitting down with him, looking him in the eye, and asking why he isn't more proactive in ensuring that his employees in the iBookstore aren't censor-happy homophobic prudes.

Lighten up a little. Q was merely being humorous with the email thing and please try to keep the PRSI comments in the PRSI forum. Thanks. :)

derbladerunner

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2005
At the current bidding price a lapdance should be included - and coffee served by a World Barista Champion :p

In all seriousness, good for the charity that's getting the money.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
...and he would probably react with more dignity than you would be showing him and politely point out that perhaps the only idiot at the coffee table is the one who just paid over $605,000 for the privilege.

He would then wish you a good day, whilst you call your own taxi... :rolleyes:

Or maybe he would see the irony, perhaps a hint at a joke...maybe...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.