Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
His statement of "insanely" comment and how he got used to criticism....are pure cringe. He doesn't care what people say...."it doesn't bother him"....
1) it's good in a way...because he's being independent but if this is more of "I don't care because for the sake of I don't care" he is pure cringe.
2) Tim, another word out of your mouth of "unbelievable." Actually, I agree with you. You are "unbelievable."
3) Siri still doesn't understand you, Tim.

Last edited:

porkchop9000

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2016
I'm sure he yammered about how the iPad Pro toy is all he needs to do his job, where he doesn't even need to cut and paste.

Bet he called people that need to use real computers like a Mac, "the help" and said they are trash.

mr.bee

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2007
Antwerp, belgium
no new mac updates until
  • polaris 11 is polished
  • hardware is polished (should already be ok imo)
  • removal of audioplug is announced on iPhone event (because you won't get one)
it's that easy

jimmirehman

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2012
Jony Ive should also be fired.
I think Steve knew how to harness Ive's power, without Steve, Jony just lets his mind wander and there is no one around to dial down and focus his talent.

Every now and then, Steve would let him flex his muscles and go hog wild on design hence the 20th Anniversary Mac, the G4 Cube. Sure it wouldn't sell well but it was a celebration of design to Ive's full potential. Then he would hammer down and really push Ive to produces the products we've all come to love. Tim doesn't know how to do that and Ive is taking advantage of that.

Suspended
Jun 23, 2016
New York and Berlin
Funny as I was just reading this a few minutes ago and wandered to MacRumors to see if it was posted.

Couple of things about AR/VR:

- Desktop: How would this benefit H.I. with a desktop OS?
- Standalone: Would this be primarily for mobile purposes?

I imagine an unobtrusive pair of glasses similar to Google Glass with an almost invisible frame and front. A mobile device would require [currently] impossible hardware. Large VR headsets seem ineffective and dated (looking at you "Lawnmower Man"), a seamless wearable that acts as a mobile device (phone/communications) while enriching/facilitating our lives without being a distraction is an interesting idea (think mobile device without hindering human interaction, i.e. reconnecting with what's in front of you instead of looking down).

Remember Bump Desktop? It was a 3D desktop concept that gained traction when Apple patents for such a desktop OS leaked online (about 10 years ago?). I remember discussing it online and when the original project shut down we thought it related to Apple's patents and expected OS X to incorporate aspects of it. Some of the practical uses were very impressive, making it less of a gimmick with more practical applications.

UPDATE: It came back (surprises me):

Bumptop - A 3D Physics Desktop Experience

jimmirehman

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2012
Excellent point. Who is going to walk in the door and replace him and immediately bring to market a slew of new products and drastic changes to existing ones?

exactly, ie., Gil Amelio, John Sculley
it would spin Apple out of control and this time there won't be a Third coming of Steve Jobs to save us

Pilgrim1099

Suspended
Apr 30, 2008
From the Midwest to the Northeast
exactly, ie., Gil Amelio, John Sculley
it would spin Apple out of control and this time there won't be a Third coming of Steve Jobs to save us

But the longer Tim stays there, the more damage he will cause long term. Best case? Has to be Craig. He's not perfect but he's the most upfront of all the execs.

tampageek

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2015
Florida, USA
That's an excellent point of view there. Oddly, we don't have Apple stores here in Vermont except Small Dog. Although I can imagine the changes she's made to the stores along with Jony. They're both equally responsible for that but her presence did made some paradigm shift in the company.

The onus is on Tim for recruiting her for the wrong reasons, I believe.
I think this is spot-on. Angela has made changes and not for the better. Hiring her was a mistake but firing her would be admitting it. She may be far more responsible for turning Apple into a fashion company than anyone else. I will never understand why selling watch bands is better than selling top notch Mac's. Real computers are what put Apple on the map.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
On serious note: if he did bring VR platform..I would admittedly say that I'm interested.

Pilgrim1099

Suspended
Apr 30, 2008
From the Midwest to the Northeast
I think this is spot-on. Angela has made changes and not for the better. Hiring her was a mistake but firing her would be admitting it. She may be far more responsible for turning Apple into a fashion company than anyone else. I will never understand why selling watch bands is better than selling top notch Mac's. Real computers are what put Apple on the map.

I think Angela is a sharp woman and a professional. When she presents herself, its corporate pro and especially from the Burberry line. But the way she was hired into the fold with certain unrealistic expectations didn't seem to pan out or her talents weren't tapped properly by Tim's laissez faire approach.

He can't throw her under the bus " just because " as a patsy so he's got to step down and leave the company, or else if Angela is asked to leave, it's going to leave a bad taste in her mouth wanting revenge and that Tim is a drama queen ( he will do anything to sink his claws like a girl and hold onto his job ) and Jony is a prima donna.

macuser82uk

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2016
Don't be nosey
Steve Jobs was absolute Genius when it came to make things good and making them last

Tim Cook is a wannabe Steve Jobs the only thing that Tim cook knows about is how many apps the user has downloaded and say "Good morning" when he comes out on stage and all he is interested about then is passing over to either eddie cue,Phil Schiller, Craig Federighi and then saying who we have playing at the end of the event

When Steve Jobs was in command he use do it all himself and sell you the product not like cook does pass the book all the time and just stand their doing nothing Steve made you want to buy the product because steve was good at selling the product and he made you think that is good i want that not like Tim oh another iPhone hardly any improvements at all
they are truly lost with out steve back bone and skills

Reactions: amegicfox and VMMan

dxmac99

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2013
I think it has been clear TC is an OPERATOR, not an entrepreneur. He has almost no vision. He does not care much to connect to the real users.
I think he can find a great fit in either Wall Street or capital hill, but certainly not an office that Steve Jobs used to hold.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.