Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipponrg

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
The people doing the complaining aren’t Apple haters, they are Apple lovers frustrated Apple doesn’t pay any attention to them anymore. They are battered wives stuck in an abusive relationship. They still love Apple, and don’t really want to leave.

All they really want is an updated mac range whenever intel puts out a new chip, priced a little more sensibly.

We need a subforum that people can talk about how great their Apple is. Then they can stop complaining about complainers, and they might be happier in their club. :D

klazmandoo

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2017
How about blowing some dust off of the 1,2 and 3rd gen butterfly keyboards to make your laptop lineup somewhat usable?

Last edited:

iReality85

macrumors 65816
Apr 29, 2008
Upstate NY
Not blown away yet...

upload_2019-3-1_17-16-57.gif

niun

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2015
Did TC actually say, “rolling the dice”?
WTF?!
Are Apple moving into D&D?

I’m trying to remember the last time APPL to a chance on anything

Reactions: iSilas and femike

GuruZac

macrumors 68040
Sep 9, 2015
⛰️🏕️🏔️
Macrumors users really have become a cesspool of haters. The comments here are overwhelmingly negative. If you hate the brand so much why buy the products? Read about them all the time? Comment on an Apple fan site about them? Just go on about your life doing anything else instead.

The reality is that most of you have no idea what innovation is. You conflate a paradigm shift with innovation. A paradigm shift is what we saw with the iPhone launch. The software, the hardware, the networks, etc all getting to a point where a product like the iPhone was possible. We might be seeing something similar with EVs today but that is still up in the air.

Of course we all love to see breakthrough products. As Steve said when he announced the iPhone

"This is a day I’ve been looking forward to for two-and-a-half years. Every once in a while, a revolutionary product comes along that changes everything. And Apple has been — well, first of all, one’s very fortunate if you get to work on just one of these in your career. Apple’s been very fortunate. It’s been able to introduce a few of these into the world. 1984, introduced the Macintosh. It didn’t just change Apple. It changed the whole computer industry.In 2001, we introduced the first iPod, and it didn’t just change the way we all listen to music, it changed the entire music industry.Well, today, we’re introducing three revolutionary products of this class. The first one is a widescreen iPod with touch controls. The second is a revolutionary mobile phone. And the third is a breakthrough Internet communications device.This is a day I’ve been looking forward to for two-and-a-half years. Every once in a while, a revolutionary product comes along that changes everything. And Apple has been — well, first of all, one’s very fortunate if you get to work on just one of these in your career. Apple’s been very fortunate. It’s been able to introduce a few of these into the world. 1984, introduced the Macintosh. It didn’t just change Apple. It changed the whole computer industry.In 2001, we introduced the first iPod, and it didn’t just change the way we all listen to music, it changed the entire music industry.Well, today, we’re introducing three revolutionary products of this class. The first one is a widescreen iPod with touch controls. The second is a revolutionary mobile phone. And the third is a breakthrough Internet communications device."

My point is that these paradigm shifts don't come along every year. They don't even come along every 2 or 3 years. What we are seeing with Apple currently is not a paradigm shift, but it is innovation. Secure Enclave was innovative, Face ID is innovative. ECG tests are innovative. Airpods are innovative. Swift was innovative. If you aren't too busy complaining about everything you can easily see the methodical progress that Apple makes. And I'm not oblivious to Apples short comings. Siri for example. But some of you really can't see the forest for the trees and are overly negative about anything and everything.
Standing ovation from me. Couldn’t agree more with you.

thevault

Suspended
Feb 11, 2019
Mars
Tim the bean counter has no vision/direction compared to SJ he is surviving off iPhones and that's it. Take the phones away and all you have is a Rudderless company with cheap computer line and emoji's. Apple is still struggling with the design of the Mac Pro that will not be released until 2020...what a joke:mad: Also, Apple is investing into a Car autonomous driving system .....Apple can't even create a decent computer!:rolleyes:

niun

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2015
Macrumors users really have become a cesspool of haters.
I could not disagree more. This place is a mix of die hard Apple fans who are so ingrained in the cult that they embarrass themselves with often idiotic statements and those of us that have bled Apple for decades and are troubled by what it has become.

You see haters. I see people that want to think different

This is coming from someone that was Apple through and through until Microsoft of all companies released tech that I couldn’t live without.

falainber

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2016
Wild West
Perhaps TC is just very impressionable person. I would not be surprised if every Apple watch band design blows his mind. Then, of course, he is a CEO. Saying this sort of stuff is in his job description so let's not be too harsh on him.

Reactions: Feyl and niun

Gary03mw

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2013
Nothing to do with 2019 - just being polite.
No need to come in here come after other posters.

Keep on the topic.
The topic is not "what other posters are saying in the topic".

If you don't like the topic - leave
If you don't like certain people - block them
[doublepost=1551478824][/doublepost]

Where on Earth did I say I "don't want a solution"?

Literally ALL I WANT is Apple to fix this crap..

We offered a solution. You said you weren't looking for suggestions. Meaning you just want to complain.

gugy

macrumors 68040
Jan 31, 2005
La Jolla, CA
Tim, as Apple loyalist, I hope you are right but you have been saying for years about the "pipeline" and so far not much impressive stuff.
For one, I want to be blown away by the upcoming Mac Pro, displays and MBPs. Also think hard about pricing these right and not rip off customers like you have been doing.

turbineseaplane

macrumors Pentium
Mar 19, 2008
We offered a solution.

Solutions of "stop using Apple" aren't acceptable to me as an Apple user since the late 80's, sorry

The solutions that are needed here are from Apple, not to suggest people just stop using their existing products and don't buy more.

Reactions: Yvan256

chsx

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2010
The people doing the complaining aren’t Apple haters, they are Apple lovers frustrated Apple doesn’t pay any attention to them anymore. They are battered wives stuck in an abusive relationship. They still love Apple, and don’t really want to leave.

All they really want is an updated mac range whenever intel puts out a new chip, priced a little more sensibly.

This is it, chief!

Gogeta-Blue

Suspended
Dec 10, 2018
what a failed attempt to try to hype things up
sure the future, but what about now??????

we all know that we will have better , faster devices in the future
then you put Tim on front page
lol
sorry but Tim is a failure

samsung and Huawei are taking apple to school
what about Macs????

sure maybe apple will make a foldable iphone
based on the old flip phone style

instead of opening side by side, it will open up and down
the problem is

that is not innovation, that is just a desparte counter
trying to survive and stay alive in todays market

10 years ago, apple had Steve and apple was technically all alone
but today they have competition

and by the way things look, it seems like apple is loosing the fight

so they better come up with something new and fast

but then again there is another problem
apple price

people complain about samsung and Huawei price but wait until apple releases a similar iPhone

double the price

I love apple but I don't like apple under Mr Cook
I want him to go away before he takes apple to the ground with him

I've spoken

DEMinSoCAL

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2005
Macrumors users really have become a cesspool of haters.

My point is that these paradigm shifts don't come along every year. They don't even come along every 2 or 3 years. What we are seeing with Apple currently is not a paradigm shift, but it is innovation. Secure Enclave was innovative, Face ID is innovative. ECG tests are innovative. Airpods are innovative. Swift was innovative. If you aren't too busy complaining about everything you can easily see the methodical progress that Apple makes. And I'm not oblivious to Apples short comings. Siri for example. But some of you really can't see the forest for the trees and are overly negative about anything and everything.

Excuse everyone for being a bit jaded about Apple and their "pipeline of wonderful things" which so far, has not materialized. People are tired of waiting for something really innovative. Animoji's are not innovative. It's obvious what people want, yet TC and team never deliver.

So please, be patient with the haters. As soon as something other than a spec bump, a watch band, some new camera trick, or a new set of emojis is the focus of the annual Apple dog-and-pony show, I think most people will still be unhappy.

Last edited:

TonyRS

macrumors member
Mar 1, 2017
Tim “What’s in the Pipeline Is Amazing” Cook.

He was saying the same stuff back in 2012-2013 and all we got were the Apple Watch, HomePod, AirPods, and some incremental improvements to iOS products.

Are you trying to tell me you won't be blown away by the iPhone XSS?!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.