Trackpad slow on login screen

voraciousvegan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
Los Angeles/New York
I'm on 10.13.6. I replaced the battery on my MBA, and I can't recall if I had this issue before, but the pointer is moving very slowly via trackpad on the login screen. When I log out after having been logged in, it's normal as set for the user, but restarting makes it slow again.

Any ideas here? It's an annoyance I want to get rid of.

fuchsdh

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2014
I'm on 10.13.6. I replaced the battery on my MBA, and I can't recall if I had this issue before, but the pointer is moving very slowly via trackpad on the login screen. When I log out after having been logged in, it's normal as set for the user, but restarting makes it slow again.

Any ideas here? It's an annoyance I want to get rid of.
To clarify, it's fine when you log in?

It might just be the delta between your settings and the default trackpad settings. I know my mouse feels glacial at the login screen because my tracking preference is so much higher.

voraciousvegan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2015
Los Angeles/New York
To clarify, it's fine when you log in?

It might just be the delta between your settings and the default trackpad settings. I know my mouse feels glacial at the login screen because my tracking preference is so much higher.
Yes, fine when logged in. I have it set to 5, so it's not set crazy fast. But when you have multiple users, it's a nuisance to select a user at that glacial speed. It's essentially a #1 speed on the scale. I just don't remember it being like this before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.