Tuesday's Gone

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Big Dave, May 22, 2012.

1. Big Dave macrumors 6502

Another Tuesday without a new iMac. I now believe that we won't see a refresh until WWDC. Only 3 weeks to go!

So if new Macs are announced at WWDC, what are the odds that they will ship that week?

2. dmorgan macrumors member

I hope not. The new GPU and CPU hardware is already out and getting dated.

3. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

I'm about to say screw it and use the cash on some new L-Series Canon lenses. This is getting stupid.

4. Duckypoos macrumors member

if the Lenovo A720 hits the shelves before the iMac then that will be where my cash is going ...

5. d0nK macrumors 6502

PITA. Fingers crossed for the 4th time next Tuesday.. sigh.

6. bongpapst macrumors newbie

So letz all buy the current models and return it after 2weeks!!!!!

7. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

Another new thread on the same topic! You rock!

8. G4DP macrumors 65816

Boo bl**dy hoo, no new iMac to replace one a year old.

Try waiting for a new Mac Pro, those guys have something to be annoyed with.

9. Nandifix macrumors 6502

Most likely WWDC now. They won't release it next tuesday due to it being to close to WWDC.

10. Crazy82 macrumors member

You right! and it will garanted ship the same day or at least week!

----------

Lol exactly my thoght when i saw this new thread!!

11. Adam552 macrumors 6502

12. Big Dave thread starter macrumors 6502

There should be a new thread about this every Tuesday until it happens.

13. CausticPuppy macrumors 65816

I don't think I could deal with only 1920x1080 resolution on a 27" computer monitor. Fine for watching movies but that DPI is going to be very low.

14. Imaginethe macrumors regular

I was starting to think about Getting the 5d mkiii instead. But new mac is more important.

15. tuxon86 macrumors 65816

My 2010 i3 equiped 21.5" refurb iMac is still going strong, so I'm in no hurry to upgrade. But I wouldn't say no to a 27" i7 sandy bridge model if prices come down on the refurb Apple store.

I don't think my 46 years old, ex arc-welder eyes will be able to resolve the new supposedly upcoming retina display with double the res that the current model have. What I'm saying is that, for me, screen real estate is of more importance than better resolution. I use my Mac for music, World of Warcraft and XCode and those won't really profit from the new display.

16. 88 King macrumors 6502

88 King

Forget about Lenovo, their warranty support sucks, just look on Lenovo support forum.

17. MysticTim macrumors newbie

In my situation I will be going from a 2010 Macbook Pro up to a 27" iMac with a couple TB displays added on for good measure. I'm not replacing a year-old system, but changing my whole work environment and I can't justify buying until the refresh happens.

18. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Definitely doing the same thing in the next year or so. That camera's a beast.

19. Duckypoos macrumors member

My sole use will be for a DAW and midi , so resolution is of little importance thankfully.

However , I've just had a quick look at the Lenovo support forum, and this springs immediately to mind --->> :eek::eek::eek:

Looks like I may have to put the Lenny A720 plan on the back burner as well ....

20. 88 King, May 22, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012

88 King macrumors 6502

88 King

Lenovo support is a joke, even their business 3 years next day on site warranty. I had to call them last week when the slider for eject optical drive bay broke, Lenovo support says it is cause by user error without examine it.

You could get all in one Lenovo for half the cost of an imac, but if things start to break down, it is likely you end up pay more to fix the problems.

21. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

11th of june here we come*

22. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

Umm, no. I'm pulling the trigger tonight. This Tuesday, today, I am finally ordering my new iMac. It is everything I want in a computer and then some. I'll be happy with it for a long time regardless of whatever shiny new models follow it. I could go on at some length about why it will do what I want it to for years without me feeling any sense of compromise, etc. but I'll spare you all that.

If I already owned a Mac, I'd be okay with holding out for a while but I don't. It is good to live in the moment, in the now. Tomorrow may never come for each of us. You only live once and each day is precious. I don't want to waste any more of them pining away for the Mac I've been wanting for ages now. There is after all no guarantee whatsoever that new iMacs will ship anytime soon. It is all guessing and conjecture. Sure, they might ship next Tuesday, or the Tuesday after that, or maybe some Tuesday in July or October? Who really knows? Only the folks at Apple, that's who and they ain't tellin'.

Will I feel a little remorse when there is a new, faster GPU which is the one thing I cared about? Yeah, probably but it is not really that big of a deal. Next year around this time or so is when I think a far more powerful line of Macs will come out, not this time. I could wait for them too but I'm not.

I'm going for it! Don't try to stop me! Computing heaven here I come!!!

23. Occamsrazr macrumors 6502

Thank you. One more iMac cleared out of inventory.

24. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

did you at least buy a refurb;

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC814LL/A

big savings

25. Dirtyharry50 macrumors 68000

Dirtyharry50

Thank you for pointing that out and providing a link. That is a very good deal but it would only cost me $132. more for a new one from Amazon.com taking sales tax into consideration that I'd have to pay with Apple but not with Amazon on the same spec system. For the money, I'd prefer one with zero cosmetic issues and no mileage on it.