Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Hoping it's a universal app that will take advantage of the larger screen of the iPad.

I was reading the Tweetie guy's blog back when this was announced and I believe I remember him saying it would be.

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
I hope this doesn't end up like Birdfeed, where it was purchased, rebranded, made free and gutted of most of its features.

That said, I am looking forward to seeing what its like. I think the same developer is working on it, so perhaps it will be a good product, though I fear it will be full of ads if its free.

And to answer an earlier question, yes, it is supposed to include an iPad version. I'm not sure if it will be universal or a separate one, but it will be free regardless.

owine

macrumors regular
Oct 29, 2008
An update just appeared when I checked in iTunes. It was called Twitter and had the same silver logo as Tweetie 2. The store would not let me download the update nor view the store page. It seems like it's close.

Amadeo

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
An update just appeared when I checked in iTunes. It was called Twitter and had the same silver logo as Tweetie 2. The store would not let me download the update nor view the store page. It seems like it's close.
Yeah, I realized the same thing just now in my iTunes.

iMrNiceGuy0023

macrumors 68000
Jun 5, 2009
It has to be a new app...people bought Tweetie...so upgrading it to a free app with ads possibly wouldn't be fair

Pushkar

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
SW London, UK
scaled.php

Anytime now :cool:

PearlJam

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
I checked for app updates via iTunes earlier and Twitter v3.0 showed up but there was no link to click on to download it.

glasserp

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2008
Twitter (2.4 MB) is 0.4 MB smaller than Tweetie 2 (2.8 MB). It will be interesting to see how different this is. I am planning on "upgrading" to this new Twitter app, but not a chance in hell if any functionality is taken away :/

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Apr 6, 2005
Twitter (2.4 MB) is 0.4 MB smaller than Tweetie 2 (2.8 MB). It will be interesting to see how different this is. I am planning on "upgrading" to this new Twitter app, but not a chance in hell if any functionality is taken away :/

Tweetie 2 was 1.8 MB. So this one definitely has something new.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.