Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Twitter appears to be adopting support for picture-in-picture mode on the iPhone and iPad, with some Twitter users reporting access to a feature that allows them to watch Twitter videos while doing other tasks on the iPhone and iPad.

Twitter-Feature.jpg

Starting a video in Twitter and then swiping out of the app leaves the video player open, so Twitter users can use other apps while continuing to watch video content from the social network.

Twitter has had an in-app picture-in-picture option previously, but the new feature allows Twitter video to be watched while using other apps, similar to how YouTube and other video content apps work on iPhones and iPads.

Not all Twitter users have access to the picture-in-picture feature as of yet, which suggests that Twitter is still in the process of rolling out support. Accessing the feature requires the latest version of the Twitter app on iPhone or iPad.

Article Link: Twitter Rolling Out Support for Picture-in-Picture on iOS

• Haha
Reactions: u+ive and DeepIn2U

tripsync

Suspended
Apr 24, 2023
I was told Twitter would be shutdown by now and that Elon doesn't know what he's doing.

Can't wait for those who said "Elon was supposed to step down as CEO because he promised he would" to also say "Yeah, Elon had to step down as CEO because he needed someone who knows what they're doing".

tweaknmod

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2012
Ottawa, Ontario
Can confirm you can no longer access Twitter without logging into a Twitter Account. Elon Musk really wants you to create an account now. No other way around it!
*stops using Twitter completely

^ I found a way around it!

2023 is becoming the death-year of the last few socials I was using…

Time to dust-off the IRL hobbies I’ve been neglecting 👍

Return Zero

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2013
Kentucky
Literally the only actual improvement Musk has made to Twitter since he bought it.
There were also some nice speed improvements, though most people never had a problem with responsiveness. Currently I do think it is a better product than before he bought it, even though the checkmark debacle was (or has been) completely ridiculous.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
On a side note, I remember YouTube was going to disable picture and picture support on iOS but they never did. It still works as of today. I guess they changed their minds?

I'm glad sanity prevailed at YouTube.

As for Twitter, I don't really need it there. Twitter videos are short; I don't think I've ever wanted to watch one in the background. Oh well it's good to have in any case.

adammusic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
Will never watch long form video on twitter. Its like watching a golden girls episode but you have to crawl through r/thedonald first. Its absolutely the worst place on the internet. Ill come back if he adds a block all button and allows us to only view tweets of people we want. Its hell now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.