Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

U.K. 'Back to School' Promo Begins, Rebate on New iPods

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple has finally started offering a Back to School promo for U.K. customers. The new promotion kicked off today, just as the U.S. promotion ended.

U.K. customers who purchase a Mac (excluding the Mac Mini) and an iPod (Nano or Touch) get a rebate of £95. The rebate does not quite offset the cost of iPods which start at £109. The promotion runs until October 31st and is open to students, teachers and education professionals.

Eligible customers can buy through the Online Apple Store. A FAQ and Terms and Conditions are available.

Article Link

lostinmysphere

macrumors member
May 2, 2008
Remember the higher education store has more of a discount but requires an on campus connection (a few people have disputed this). There are definitely differences in price between the two education stores!

Comment

theheadguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
california
October 31st.!!!! Sounds like no new Macs until this promotion has finished.
I doubt that to be entirely true. Just like with this current promotion, new iPods were introduced before it ended. However, it will certainly be within a week or two before the UK promo ends. Congrats to everyone who will be taking advantage of it...

Comment

christiemp

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2008
Wisconsin
Is it just me, or do the UK people get a way better deal than the US? They get the new nanos?!?! I'm jealous.

Comment

eff pc

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Is it just me, or do the UK people get a way better deal than the US? They get the new nanos?!?! I'm jealous.

but like the post said. the rebate doesn't cover the entire cost of the ipod so they have to pay for them a little bit unlike the US, free so even if you didn't want one you could get one anyway and sell it. like what i did so after i sold the touch for $250 and the student discount i got my macbook pro for $1550 which isn't bad considering the normal pricing is $2000

Comment

vendettabass

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2006
Wellington, New Zealand
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

good news, now just release those MacBooks!

Comment

silly sire

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2008
Same promo over here in the Netherlands. 125 euro discount on the nanos.
Bit late for a back to school promo though, all universities started 3 or 4 weeks ago..

Comment

ChocoboNL

macrumors member
Feb 20, 2008
Same promo over here in the Netherlands. 125 euro discount on the nanos.
Bit late for a back to school promo tough, all universities started 3 or 4 weeks ago..

Not quite true, I've been going at it for just one week now.. ^__^
However, it is sort of late.. *-)

Comment

R0913R

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2008
Interestingly, while the iPod for this offer are clearly defined (the model numbers) in the terms*, this is not the case for the macs. It simply states that the mini, Apple TV and iPhone are not applicable and all other mac models are.

The terms can be changed at any time, but could this mean the introduction of new MB's, MBP's and MBA's would not conflict with this offer?

I sure hope so (even though I sort of expected a slightly higher rebate).

*I read the Dutch terms, but I guess they're the same across Europe.

Comment

west.acre

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2008
This is excellent news! Although...

I ordered my new nano yesterday, assuming that the new nano would not be included in the UK Back to School promo!? Can I still get my rebate?

Comment

rushmere

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2006
Auckland
Does anyone know where to find information about the maximum quantities you can order from the UK Education Store?

I've searched all over the website, and I can't find anything....

Comment

vendettabass

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2006
Wellington, New Zealand

can we do both??

Comment

trynix

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2008
new macbooks wont b affected

to those who are worried this promo might delay the new macbook release further, I don't think it will.

2 years ago my friend in the uk bought his new macbook pro through the back to school promo, and few days later the new macbook pros were released.

when he went to the apple retail store to check his options, they said he can exchange his macbook pro since he was still in the 14 exchnge period, but if he does that they will have to include the full price of the ipod he got.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.