Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carlosbutler

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2008
does anyone know if you can buy in the store but then get it delivered. im thinking of getting it from the regent street store, but dont exactly want to go on the tube and then on train carrying it, mainly because it could get stolen but also im guessing its pretty heavy - not that im that small...

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2008
does anyone know if you can buy in the store but then get it delivered. im thinking of getting it from the regent street store, but dont exactly want to go on the tube and then on train carrying it, mainly because it could get stolen but also im guessing its pretty heavy - not that im that small...

I bet you would be able to get it delivered..with a hefty delivery charge of course :p

clareee

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2008
It's still not here ! :mad:

NStocks

I know how you're feeling, i'm getting a bit obsessed, been booking my personal shopping appointment everyday in the hope that it will have started. Just so excited about my first mac!!!:rolleyes:

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2008
England
I know how you're feeling, i'm getting a bit obsessed, been booking my personal shopping appointment everyday in the hope that it will have started. Just so excited about my first mac!!!:rolleyes:

I know, it's not fun anymore :p. It's more annoying because the rumor sounded so real aswell, like it was actually going to happen...still there are plenty more hours left in this day :rolleyes:

clareee

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2008
I know, it's not fun anymore :p. It's more annoying because the rumor sounded so real aswell, like it was actually going to happen...still there are plenty more hours left in this day :rolleyes:

Yeah, but should i risk the effort of travelling 2 hours to london this evening, just in case :)....nah, think i better wait to be sure. Fingers crossed.:eek:

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2008
England
Yeah, i would definetley wait as tempting as it is though. I will be travelling about 2 hours also, but first I need to sell my PC . So even if the promotion came out today, I will still have to wait until sometime next week.

I just hope I get it before september, since this is when I go back to college.

NStocks

clareee

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2008
Same here, i'm off to uni in september aswell, and have already been buying lots of extras for a new macbook, but have been holding off buying it, waiting for this promotion to come along...if it ever does.:(

ohforfckssake!

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2008
Singapore

Just carry a large knife with you and you'll be fine . . . :p

emotion

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2004
Manchester, UK
I'm confused. Are you talking about the online educational store or the actual apple store with student discount. When I went to the Apple store the man said i will get 13% student discount and apple care for £50 if I bought it there and then.

Remember that 50 quid is just for the 'uplift' (ie courier to and from a repair centre). If you live near a store you don't need that.

The HE prices include 3 yr warranty similar to applecare. Added to the discout, that's a great deal.

sarah3585

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2007
If it's happening today it will start at 6pm tonight. I think it will start September like it did last year. I would rather this as there is more of a chance of getting the new ipods (like last year).

The HE 3 year warranty was only online not in-store, anyone know if this is still so?

emotion

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2004
Manchester, UK
The HE 3 year warranty was only online not in-store, anyone know if this is still so?

Last time I checked this was the case.

Shame really, it makes online purchase essential. My Macbook (with no build options) arrived in 3 days from an online order though. Very efficient.

clareee

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2008
If it's happening today it will start at 6pm tonight. I think it will start September like it did last year. I would rather this as there is more of a chance of getting the new ipods (like last year).

I heard that it depends on the sales clerk that you get in the retail store, a friend of mine, went in and showed his university student id, and was able to get the HE 3 year warranty with his purchase of a macbook (this was at the apple store on regeant street). Sounds a bit sketchy though, i'm not sure if every clerk would do the same deal.:(

knarzie

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2008
I know a guy who works in the Regent Street store, so I am hoping to get a 25% discount on my iMac :D

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2008
England
Nope :( I'm just waiting until 6pm...the same thing I will be doing until it comes out. I really wanted to get an iMac just before September to get use to and transfer files, before College starts again...But I don't want to miss out on a Free iPod Touch!

The reason I said 'You still won't be getting a free Ipod touch anytime soon...' is because I have being watching these forums for the past 2 months, and most people are saying that the promotion doesn't come out until September.

NStocks

clareee

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2008
Do you reckon they'll do the student promotion after the new macbook is released then? I'm not sure if i'd want the new one, i like the one that's out at the moment, and i know it's pretty solid.

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2008
England
For me or from my point of view, I hope not. This is because we don't know when they are going to release them and the pricing. They may decide ( though i doubt it), that if the're gonna reduce the price ( rumored ), then they should'nt give you a free iPod aswell. But I have never really had any experience with Apple, only in the iPod line.

If you are set on buying the current model then I would still wait for the iPod promotion, it may well be that they announce the iPod then a day later announce the Macbook's therefore you can still get the current model. ( unless they have sold out:confused: )

But don't take my word for it, these are only rumors and nobody know when they will announce these very exciting and frustrating things :)

clareee

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2008
For me or from my point of view, I hope not. This is because we don't know when they are going to release them and the pricing. They may decide ( though i doubt it), that if the're gonna reduce the price ( rumored ), then they should'nt give you a free iPod aswell. But I have never really had any experience with Apple, only in the iPod line.

If you are set on buying the current model then I would still wait for the iPod promotion, it may well be that they announce the iPod then a day later announce the Macbook's therefore you can still get the current model. ( unless they have sold out:confused: )

But don't take my word for it, these are only rumors and nobody know when they will announce these very exciting and frustrating things :)

Thanks, good words of advice.:)

knarzie

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2008
Great !...You still won't be getting a free Ipod touch anytime soon...:p

I'm happy with my 11% discount :rolleyes:

NStocks

i didn't know back to school will mean free ipod touch, i thought just a nano.

Either way, 25% off a 1500 quid iMac is over 300 quid so worth more than the ipod touch. plus i already bought the 32GB touch with a 25% discount :D

NStocks

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2008
England
Well I though it was a iPod of the value of up to £200 ? On the American store they have the iPod Touch offered as a freebie.

NStocks

jojo13

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2008
?? i Dont get it ok
Us Americans won't get the free Ipod with the Macbook and them yes
that sucks:mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.