Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Did you land in Apple Valley via Northwest? This is such a lovely area. Ten minutes to the MOA, fifteen to MSP, no crime, and open space & trails everywhere.

There’s cows there!
Via Northwest Aitlines. Interesting that when I was hired in 1986, I had a choice of Northwest or Delta, both offered me jobs. I picked NW because they had no B scale, and I still ended up working for Delta 20 so years later. :)

I loved the southern suburbs and other than Winter, prefer Minnesota to Houston for a variety of reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gutwrench

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Escaped for a long weekend. Wouldn’t you know it’s the nicest TC’s weekend too.

I’ll spend it by the pool...once I clean it. :(

BA83391A-BED4-4710-BE20-D9C3A691780B.jpeg
0A025BF3-1EEB-4078-AB08-5C73F91AFC08.jpeg
06722242-EC5A-4F98-BCA5-1759690883B5.jpeg

Reactions: 0388631

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Escaped for a long weekend. Wouldn’t you know it’s the nicest TC’s weekend too.

I’ll spend it by the pool...once I clean it. :(

View attachment 759085
View attachment 759086
View attachment 759087

TC? Looks very nice and warm. Warmer than here. We had slightly warm weather but it's been windy for a few days now.

It is snowing today on the Front Range.
Kindle time? :) Provided you haven't accidentally shot yours and thrown it out of an Uber while a passing by big rig ran over it.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Beware. I’ve shut everything up and packed for a return to the tundra. I feel it coming on... :mad:.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
90 degrees right now. The dog days of summer seem to be here, despite it being spring.

Not a fan of weather over mid-70s but honestly that sounds really good to me right now. My furnace doesn't know heating season is wrapping up. Still cuts in with the thermostat set to 62 even during the daytime unless it's really sunny. And forget after nightfall, we're down in the 20s again before midnight. Tuesday it's finally supposed to get up into the 40s in the overnights,,

Reactions: millerj123

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Nasty humid weather. I'll probably program the central air for the interim before we head into summer.

Roomba grass cutter?? There’s such a thing? Googling!

View attachment 759312
Ducks! They would look beautiful in your Big Green Egg.
[doublepost=1524448367][/doublepost]
Returning tomorrow.
I'm still lost. Are you at one of your California or Florida properties?

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
I'm still lost. Are you at one of your California or Florida properties?

Rancho Mirage for a few days to settle a few things...mostly my mind. Back in the TC. Oh, ducks. I’ve roasted Peking Duck. It’s a long process but fun. The flavor was so-so. So much easier to just buy it fresh at The House of Wu.

Here’s one of my attempts.

3F290DCE-1D93-45A4-ACC8-B0627669813E.jpeg

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Rancho Mirage for a few days to settle a few things...mostly my mind. Back in the TC. Oh, ducks. I’ve roasted Peking Duck. It’s a long process but fun. The flavor was so-so. So much easier to just buy it fresh at The House of Wu.

Here’s one of my attempts.

View attachment 759402
Ah. How was your flight? The whole of the state had some beautiful weather this past weekend. We're going to enjoy the next few weeks of warm-mild weather before summer. Though I think we'll have a mild summer like last year.

@Gutwrench You need to use straw. Or source birch or lychee wood.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gutwrench

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I think we'll have a mild summer like last year.

That's what I thought about our upcoming (at last) Spring as of the sunny Monday we had. In a burst of enthusiasm a bunch of us kin scheduled a lazy lunch for today that's about a 50-mile (one way) drive for each of us. Yeah, in the driving rain and a 40mph breeze making 52ºF feel like 35 instead. Well at least the food was delicious so we'll try the same place again if our clothes ever dry out. :D

So Monday was it for Spring? I guess Summer can't be far behind... what is this critter in between??!

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
That's what I thought about our upcoming (at last) Spring as of the sunny Monday we had. In a burst of enthusiasm a bunch of us kin scheduled a lazy lunch for today that's about a 50-mile (one way) drive for each of us. Yeah, in the driving rain and a 40mph breeze making 52ºF feel like 35 instead. Well at least the food was delicious so we'll try the same place again if our clothes ever dry out. :D

So Monday was it for Spring? I guess Summer can't be far behind... what is this critter in between??!

I've lived in California for a few decades with some years here and there posted elsewhere across the US. Spring... a real spring season is incredibly rare here. Maybe in other parts of the state. Driving to work on triple digit days is a blast. Mainly because it's always going to be low 70s to low 80s. One of the benefits of building out your locations in coastal areas. It's cool in the summer and not too cold in the winter.

Worst place I've ever lived was probably Alabama. The humid summers sucked. You could shower, dry off, get out and walk to your dresser and you'd be sweating again. Best place I was sent to was near Hilton Head Island. I was there for about eight months and I'd made a trip out to the place with co-workers nearly ever weekend. Very fun times.

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
Ah. How was your flight? The whole of the state had some beautiful weather this past weekend. We're going to enjoy the next few weeks of warm-mild weather before summer. Though I think we'll have a mild summer like last year.

Hot, ~100F and windy. I spent the entire time in and around the house. It was great! Very relaxing. The flight was at 6:30 pm and comfortable. It put me in late (for an early bedtimer like me) but MSP is easy to traverse and I live 15 minutes away.

Reactions: 0388631
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.