Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Hot, ~100F and windy. I spent the entire time in and around the house. It was great! Very relaxing. The flight was at 6:30 pm and comfortable. It put me in late (for an early bedtimer like me) but MSP is easy to traverse and I live 15 minutes away.
Yeah, we had wind all of last week. It lessened on Saturday and died out by sunset. It was dead still by Sunday which lead to mugginess. You lucked out! I had plans on making some char sieu on Friday but decided against it because of the terribly windy weather.

Reactions: Gutwrench

Gutwrench

Suspended
Jan 2, 2011
I had plans on making some char sieu on Friday but decided against it because of the terribly windy weather.

Good lord I like char siu very much. I’ve tried making it twice and haven’t got even close to where I buy it (The House of Wu...same place I get roasted duck).

Feel free to pass along secrets.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2009
Try different brands of products. Not all of them taste the same when they cook through.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I think we're right behind you. Yesterday it was 80. Today it's 54. My closet is having a nervous breakdown.

Six months later and my closets are catching up with yours... 72ºF a couple afternoons ago but I woke up to 30ºF outside today and now snow showers are in the forecast here for mid-week. We haven't even had the killing frost yet, and it's overdue, but that never stopped Mother Nature from dumping a few inches of the white stuff on us before people even get their Halloween decorations out of storage. I'm still hoping for a little more Indian Summer.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
What now? :D

upload_2018-10-14_16-9-47.png

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Only in the mid-20s here today on the front range.

Yah you guys are the greeters for the change of seasons, that's for sure. That range of temperatures is we're headed by the next weekend if the trend doesn't break. Truth be told I'll take that any day over what hurricane country has been served up lately. Can always put on more clothes... can't always put another roof on the matchsticks of a house taken by the tropical storms that the Atlantic has been hatching out this season. My heart goes out to those who got nailed by the hurricanes Florence and Michael. The winds, the surges, the rain, more flooding and then the numbing experiences of cleaning up after it all.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL

... and the water, according to my little G was “Still kind of warm, but felt colder than last weekend” so if she’s noticing a change it must be a big dip.

Her photo contribution from today (we were at home starting the epic Halloween decorations - Phase 1: inventory and operation confirmation):

IMG_3477_1200.jpg

Good thing all the relatives came here this weekend (from St. Augustine) to avoid the weather. Cause it was a whole degree cooler here today.

The last couple of days were pretty amazing, yesterday we took the convertible out to hit up a bunch of (fun) errands, first day in a long time where it was cool during the day, ended the trip at this really awesome Taco + Brewery joint(s), fresh/street style food, and a local micro that had some terrific choices:

IMG_4392_1200.jpg

Yes, Crowlers and Growlers :D

Osprey Tacos (NMP):

IMG_2174.jpg

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
The last couple of days were pretty amazing, yesterday we took the convertible out to hit up a bunch of (fun) errands, first day in a long time where it was cool during the day, ended the trip at this really awesome Taco + Brewery joint(s), fresh/street style food, and a local micro that had some terrific choices:

Next time you're out and about, go to St. George Street and stop by Faux Paws. If you have a dog, you'll love it. And you can tell whoever's at the counter that you're a friend of Marc's sister and she promised you a 10% discount. ;) (Marc is my brother, and the owner.)

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Next time you're out and about, go to St. George Street and stop by Faux Paws. If you have a dog, you'll love it. And you can tell whoever's at the counter that you're a friend of Marc's sister and she promised you a 10% discount. ;) (Marc is my brother, and the owner.)

Oh fun! We're not dog owners, but if I'm in the area, I'll definitely stick my head in and say hi (and maybe bark :D)

Reactions: AlliFlowers

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Temps are dropping here, and parts of New England is already seeing snow.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Almost the exact same here, I saw on the new something about a something-year-high today of 90?! At the beach, it's generally 3-5 degrees "better" though.

Our temps are usually within a few degrees, although no consistency in which is higher/lower. But I have the advantage of predicting your rain, cause it usually heads east from here when it's heavy.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Temps are dropping here, and parts of New England is already seeing snow.

First snowfall here, overnight. Just a couple inches. Maybe a warning shot before the occasional Halloween snow dump we get here sometimes, Weird preface to it in mid afternoon yesterday. Really dark clouds scudded in from the northwest all of a sudden, and it got so dark I had to turn on lights in the room where I was reading. Then it got calm. Then high winds came out of nowhere (not from northwest), swirling around and throwing freshly fallen leaves up against the house, followed by 45 seconds of grape-sized hail, which lay thick in the grass for about an hour afterwards. No thunder or lightning, just hailstones. Then the wind dropped to calm, sun came out, but at nightfall the temperature took a dive and landed around 28ºF, and the little bit of snow started falling around 11pm. Just enough to cover rooftops and stick on the grass this morning. "This is a drill..."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.