UK - Anyone's Macbook Shipped Yet?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by nomad01, Oct 15, 2008.

1. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Ordered mine last night. Just curious to see when they start shipping.

2. eshroom macrumors 6502

Mine says 8 days before dispatch, and I was battling through the high volume of the apple store for 45 whole minutes after it re-opened yesterday, before my order finally went through.

3. nomad01 thread starter macrumors 68000

nomad01

I ordered last night and mine says 7 business days still.

Just hoping that some start to ship sooner.

4. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Remember, the different keyboard arrangement that the UK uses means that they need to machine a different aluminium case part for the machines. I'd imagine they'll be catering for their US customers first and then moving on.

That's the only possible explanation for it being 7 days for a UK machine and 1 for a US one.

5. nomad01 thread starter macrumors 68000

nomad01

I just hope when they start shipping that they're dispatched closer to home than Shanghai.

6. Suasexed macrumors member

Nope not shipped yet, it's estimated delivery date is 29th-30th October. I'm envious of all of the Americans who have their new MacBooks and don't have to wait a couple of weeks like we do! I'd imagine ours will be shipping from Shanghai considering it takes a further 7ish days after the estimated shipping date.

7. nomad01 thread starter macrumors 68000

nomad01

Better than mine. I'm being quoted 31st Oct to 3rd November for delivery.

Gonna be a long few weeks unless I can get one in store in the meantime. :-(

8. yogamonkey macrumors 6502

yogamonkey

I cancelled my order and walked into Apple Bluewater and bought one. Online is just way too long to wait.

9. nomad01 thread starter macrumors 68000

nomad01

I'll keep trying the Bullring Store and hope they have some in stock past 6pm. :(

10. Admonitor macrumors regular

Does anyone know how soon after cancelling an online order the money that's "reserved" from your bank account is returned (i.e. the money's not gone, but you can't spend that money that's in your account)? I need it sooner rather than later and if its going to be 3-4 November then I might try going into an Apple Store and buying one.

11. Suasexed macrumors member

In my experience it takes about a week.

Regarding online waiting, are the 2.4s taking longer than the 2.0s? I've seen a few people with the same shipping dates as me (end of October) and they all seem to be 2.0ghz models.

12. Admonitor macrumors regular

Ok, thanks. I guess I should wait then.

On the online store the 2.4 says 7 Days too, so I guess they're waiting just as long!

13. amammad macrumors regular

No reports yet?

Was hopin theyd ship sooner that expected. :mad:

14. al82 macrumors regular

you want one in the next week or two I suggest getting to a apple store before they open. That's how I got mine

15. baronbuzby macrumors regular

baronbuzby

Ordered mine 30 minutes after keynote - I am being quoted between 31st Oct and 3rd Nov for delivery.

One of the reasons I ordered online was the 6% cashback from quidco, so will have to wait. I still think it is far too long to wait for a brand new product, when in the states they have already received their online orders.

16. Rob Philips macrumors newbie

I ordered mine here in Holland on the same evening the new models came out, and it also indicates 8 working days until shipping with an estimate arrival time around the 5th of november (I haven't really worked out the logic behind that!)

So my guess would be that the 8 working day thing is a common problem here in Europe.

17. xJulianx macrumors 6502a

xJulianx

I remember 2 years ago when I ordered my CD MacBook online, it took about 3 weeks for it to arrive to me from the day of ordering.

Apple products have always taken a long time to ship to the UK and Europe in general I imagine.

18. kingofthehill macrumors newbie

Hi BaronBuzby,

Has your Quidco cashback tracked yet?

Thanks!

19. radionickhead macrumors regular

Also in the UK, ordered the 2.0 mb on the 15th of October.
    Shipping time 7 buisness days.
    Estimated delivery: 3rd-4th November :eek: ...
    My current laptop has been hanging from a thin string for the past 2 months - it's literally self destructing, and I've been waiting for the new macbooks to come out for so long..It sucks to have to wait 3 more weeks :/

20. nomad01 thread starter macrumors 68000

nomad01

Mine tracked the day after ordering. £60.10 I think.

Although I'd happily pass it up if I can get one faster from a store as my Quidco on my last Macbook purchase from Feb is still not paid!

21. Cockroach macrumors 6502

I ordered a 2.4GHz customised with 4GB RAM and DVI adaptor on Tuesday evening.

Estimated Shipping: 8 Days
    Estimated Delivery: 03 Nov, 2008 - 04 Nov, 2008

I imagine it is being shipped from abroad, as it's using the "Merge in Transit GB" shipping method.

22. JDinho macrumors newbie

Exactly the same scenario for me, ordered about 9-9:30

23. Esner macrumors newbie

Demo models have arrived to stores in the Netherlands and I've seen one confirmed new Macbook in a Dutch living room. So: despite 7/8 day till shipping in the Netherlands, the first models are already being sold through shops.

24. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

same here. I ordered the 2ghz model though.

25. baronbuzby macrumors regular

baronbuzby

Yes it has - I also ordered a £60 printer to take advantage of the free £60 rebate ;)