Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iphone27s

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2021
Wisconsin
General Chit Chat thread for the UK'ers!

Shoot!
artworks-000032605198-ukw543-t500x500.jpg

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Anyone found any cheaper deals or discount codes for Apple cases?
I wouldn't mind some more, but I'm a cheapskate with cases!

Reactions: iphone27s

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
On another note, I need a car mount. I don't have much vent space, and I don't want to cover any buttons etc, which I generally use..... so Im thinking one of this cupholder mounts - but a MagSafe version.........does one even exist??

IMG_4942.jpg

Reactions: limesmoothie

lionofthesouth

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2021
I bought a vent mount for my car , because it was cheaper. Spigen OneTap. But I have a mount already. One that fits in the CD player. Just swapped the MagSafe bit over onto the other mount.
You could try that if you can’t get a MagSafe one. Works out a bit more expensive but gets you what you want (if one doesn’t exist)

Reactions: Ifti

Saladin12

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2021
On another note, I need a car mount. I don't have much vent space, and I don't want to cover any buttons etc, which I generally use..... so Im thinking one of this cupholder mounts - but a MagSafe version.........does one even exist??

View attachment 1860356
I've got a BMW (2 GC) with a similar interior to yours and have been thinking about getting a vent MagSafe mount and putting it on the right side of the steering wheel... You think that could work?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
If your looking to get a decent phone mount, I'd recommend Proclip. You buy the part that is specific to your car and they are excellent. They aren't cheap, but I'm a firm believer of buy once and not try the multiple cheap options out there for your £1000 iPhone!

Reactions: Ifti and Azzin

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland

View attachment 1860356
Would be interested in some suggestions, too. I’m just waiting on delivery of a new BMW and want a better solution than what I have now (which is nothing!).

Azzin

macrumors 601
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.

View attachment 1860356
Any use?

Crash testing popular MagSafe car vent mounts for iPhone 12 and iPhone 13

markhort

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2010
UK
Brodit are excellent, ProClip then the holder. I just ordered the MagSafe puck holder As I already had the mount.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
I've got a BMW (2 GC) with a similar interior to yours and have been thinking about getting a vent MagSafe mount and putting it on the right side of the steering wheel... You think that could work?

I didn't want it on the right side - I get nervous when I have the window down in case someone grabs it and runs off!! lol

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
You guys still having any issues getting fuel for your car???

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
If your looking to get a decent phone mount, I'd recommend Proclip. You buy the part that is specific to your car and they are excellent. They aren't cheap, but I'm a firm believer of buy once and not try the multiple cheap options out there for your £1000 iPhone!

I used to have a Proclip in my previous car - it was nice - although again placement is an issue. I don't really want to cover half the dash buttons I use - hence looking for something further down near the cup holders.

How's the Proclip with a phone in case? Still OK?

I never look at the phone while driving as I get everything via the heads up display on the dash anyways - at the moment I put the phone in the actual cup holder (just about fits!) but would like a neater solution really....

Apple fanboy

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I used to have a Proclip in my previous car - it was nice - although again placement is an issue. I don't really want to cover half the dash buttons I use - hence looking for something further down near the cup holders.

How's the Proclip with a phone in case? Still OK?

I never look at the phone while driving as I get everything via the heads up display on the dash anyways - at the moment I put the phone in the actual cup holder (just about fits!) but would like a neater solution really....
It was yes. You just have to chose the right holder. But since I changed cars a few years back my iPhone stays in my pocket. I use the car Sat Nav and BT for calls.

Reactions: Ifti

Saladin12

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2021
What’s the 2 GC like? I ordered mine back in July and hoping to get it in the next 6-8 weeks.
Ah fingers crossed you get it soon! I’ve heard crazy stories of delays over on BabyBMW thanks to the chip shortage.

As for the car, I love it. I only went for the 218i but I specced it quite well (Mineral Grey Auto - Tech Pack with the HUD, Comfort Pack with Comfort Access, and the Driver Assistance Pack). It’s been an amazing car since February - the HUD is something I can’t live without now. I barely look at the instrument cluster anymore and when I do it feels like a distraction. People have polarised views on the look of the 2GC but I like it. I will say that the MPG could be better. It’s good but it’s not as good as my old 1.6 Focus.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
I just bought myself a DJI Pocket (1).

That is all.

Sweet - you need any accessories??

EDIT : Actually I only have this left, most of the other stuff is all GoPro!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.