Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What model are you getting?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Macsidia

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2015
UK
I'm still without a case! Ordered on Thursday for a cheap transparent case for around £8 or so, even if it was sent 2nd class it should of been here by now.

Maybe I should of just spent more money and bought an official case from John Lewis after all.

iPhone still in the box.

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
This post is concerning. The camera is having trouble focusing on close objects.

Mine's doing this as well. I did some testing with Halide and the phone can focus pretty close if you focus manually (down to about 8cm minimum focal distance, which is about the same as my 11 Pro) but on auto it really struggles at anything under about 15-20cm. Hopefully as the MF works the camera module itself is OK and it's just software, but I don't think anyone knows at the moment. Bit of a dealbreaker for me if it's a hardware issue as I take a lot of close-up photos. I'd be happy to wait and see if there's a fix as I'm very happy with the phone otherwise, but the problem is if I wait too long I'll need to pay my credit card bill before I'd get refunded if I return the phone, so when they do refund me I'd end up with a huge negative balance on my credit card and no way (that I know of) to get the actual cash back. That might force me to send it back and potentially re-buy later if they fix it.

Can anyone who is on the 14.2 beta test this and see if they have the issue as well?

[edit] - fixed typo

Last edited:

palemonkey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
Having issues backing up my whatsapp conversations. Keeps getting stuck at 1%. Anybody got any tips? would ideally want to transfer all my messages if I can.
I’ve had this, check that you have at least 2.05 times the space available in your iCloud account and on your phone than the actual size of your backup.

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
They did me proud, best advise is to get your configuration and any accessories in your wish list.

Pay in the app and use Apple Pay, you will Authenticate it there and then so banks are less likely to step in.

Of course you don’t have to do that, but I managed to get my 256GB silver config (you can’t get at all in some shops) for the next working day all because my payment was done and completed within 1 minute of launch (Money taken 8:01). I will definitely br recommending JL in the future!
yep. Me and my mate at work ordered the X at 8am one Friday morning.

Reactions: Apples n' Stone

Wonkyf3ck

Suspended
Oct 20, 2020
I have checked with Belkin regarding this and gave them the Code numbers of the Ultra Glass Protector fitted in Apple store. and they say I have. " Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Yes, you got the exact screen protector for your iPhone 12 pro. Also, our screen protectors are designed smaller than the screen size for case compatibility."
At least puts ones mind at rest. For info of anyone getting a Belkin one fitted in an Apple store. View attachment 974627
I have the ESR ones - 3 for £6, goes edge to edge and the apple case fits just fine.

Pog2005

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2012
Brilliant. I have just locked in price my 11 pro till 8th Nov. I might just put mine in original box and put in the bag once he done taking pics. I know there are positive reviews than negative review on trust pilot but they freaked me out lol. What condition did you choose. Tbh im an ocd freak and my device is got zero damage not even a minor scratch (tested under car detailer's light) so i picked like new but i dont know if that is the correct condition for them.
I chose Very Good condition - they were offering the same value for my release day iPhone 7 as if it were As New condition - thought it best to play safe because it’s a few years old now!

Reactions: Sal09

kinster

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
I can't stand him - have trained Youtube to hide his videos
1603816800332.png

"Peace"

KennethS

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
UK
Mine's doing this as well. I did some testing with Halide and the phone can focus pretty close if you focus manually (down to about 8cm minimum focal distance, which is about the same as my 11 Pro) but on auto it really struggles at anything under about 15-20cm. Hopefully as the MF works the camera module itself is OK and it's just software, but I don't think anyone knows at the moment. Bit of a dealbreaker for me if it's a hardware issue as I take a lot of close-up photos. I'd be happy to wait and see if there's a fix as I'm very happy with the phone otherwise, but the problem is if I wait too long I'll need to pay my credit card bill before I'd get refunded if I return the phone, so when they do refund me I'd end up with a huge negative balance on my credit card and no way (that I know of0 to get the actual cash back. That might force me to send it back and potentially re-buy later if they fix it.

Can anyone who is on the 14.2 beta test this and see if they have the issue as well?
I'm on the developer 14.2 beta and not having this issue.

Moakesy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2013
UK
the amount of £849.00 has been debited on my amazon credit card hmmm can i dare dream that mine is about to be processed and delivered the website hasn't changed though so unsure whether they are teasing me lol
Can't believe I completely missed the posts about the cheap pricing. I'm on this site all the time, but somehow it passed me by... :oops:

jahin17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2016
London
For those who ordered via Amazon and had Hermes deliver, how long did it take? It arrived to Hermes on Monday and says processing item and it was meant to be dispatched to me for Monday according to Amazon

gadget.guy

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
Yorkshire
i've had hermes deliver to me before not the best experience it doesn't even say its out for delivery online they just turn up.

I'd hope they would would use royal mail at least and dpd as preference but if its the standard amazon guy that would be fine he comes in a amazon prime van and very professional.

Rocketpaul

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2012
London
For those who ordered via Amazon and had Hermes deliver, how long did it take? It arrived to Hermes on Monday and says processing item and it was meant to be dispatched to me for Monday according to Amazon
Hermes got mine yesterday and is supposed to be delivery between 10-2pm today, yet to see anything

jahin17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2016
London
Hermes got mine yesterday and is supposed to be delivery between 10-2pm today, yet to see anything
Ah so I’m not the only one. I haven’t even received a delivery time slot yet so hoping it comes tomorrow. If not, I’ll give them a call and chase it up.

thedon1

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2010
Dropped my phone onto my hardwood floor earlier, no damage luckily but ordered a Mujjo leather case now. ?
Do you know if their cases are MagSafe compatible? They don't mention it on their site. I had one of their cases ob my X and really like them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.