Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

What model are you getting?

• Total voters

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021
I don’t think he did a proper battery test for this video, he just showed a screenshot of the battery graph.

I believe he left AoD on for his testing, though.
Yeah I don't think there's enough time to do a battery rundown test between when they get the phones the time the reviews go up (accounting for all the video shooting, editing, and processing etc.). I'd imagine we'll see reviews get updated with more accurate figures

njek

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
Warminster, UK
Lots to think about here.

I’ve got an Apple order in but it’s for well into October because of their complete screw up with completing pre-approved orders on the app (I’ve spoken to support about this and basically got “yeah that’s bad sorry, but you’re out of luck”).

I’ve got an order with Amazon that in theory should be release day, though it says date confirmed soon.

I’m now wondering if I should actually order with Curry’s as I get 6% off gift cards through my employer, and cancel the above two…
@RossMacca just picking up on this, as I found myself in the same situation as you...

I assume your pre pre order was for Barclays monthly payments, right? Then you placed your Amazon order as a way of guaranteeing launch day (or at least launch day +1) delivery. What's your plan re your Apple order? As I say, I'm in the same boat, Barclays finance in place for the 3rd year running, Apple order delivery 3-10 Oct. Placed the Amazon order in haste, as I was gutted not to get the launch day delivery from Apple. However, now want the best of both worlds - the launch day delivery from Amazon, but the Barclays finance. Are you planning on returning your Amazon order before/when your Apple order arrives? Not sure what timescale Amazon orders can be returned in (or if even possible once opened/activated!)

NARadyk

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2021
UK
I never thought I’d say this but where is iJustine’s review?

1663166282721.gif

dbrose

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2011
Does anyone know what the Belkin phone holder for attaching your phone to the Macbook was called?

iamyash

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2013
Are reviewers bored of the iPhone?? No one is saying much about the autofocus on the front camera, nor anyone talking about battery life with stats other than its a bit worse off due to AOD. Maybe switch it off and see the battery life difference and report that!!

And there aren’t enough depth comparisons on the main camera. Peter McKinnon video was just poor. MKBHD was just like go to Peter’s video for camera for further review.

And I knew it! Dynamic Island is only there just for a glance to see music playing, maps directions, etc.. Your not supposed to really interact with it, use the home screen app icon to open the app. Otherwise just look at it and move on.

Its just following last year’s review template and churning videos out for the sake of likes and views.

I just expected better.

• Wow
Reactions: Pedster and d7rren

mark-in-mk

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2011
I preordered the iPhone 14 PM from o2 but yet they can't tell me when my phone will arrive cause it's out of stock yet I ordered on preorder day within the hour of the preorder release. :/ is this normal?
Yes, The first you might know its coming when you get a knock on the door on Friday. They've also been known to send tracking details out on Thursday night, so there's a nice surprise for you on your phone on Friday morning. Antiquated systems and under trained staff will do that for a company.

bronksy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2006
London
@RossMacca just picking up on this, as I found myself in the same situation as you...

I assume your pre pre order was for Barclays monthly payments, right? Then you placed your Amazon order as a way of guaranteeing launch day (or at least launch day +1) delivery. What's your plan re your Apple order? As I say, I'm in the same boat, Barclays finance in place for the 3rd year running, Apple order delivery 3-10 Oct. Placed the Amazon order in haste, as I was gutted not to get the launch day delivery from Apple. However, now want the best of both worlds - the launch day delivery from Amazon, but the Barclays finance. Are you planning on returning your Amazon order before/when your Apple order arrives? Not sure what timescale Amazon orders can be returned in (or if even possible once opened/activated!)

I did the same. I had it all set up in advance but it messed up as we know. Ended up doing another Barclays application and cancelling the original when I could.

Amazon (I don’t know how) but allowed me to do 5 split payments so I am kinda ok sticking with that albeit they’re more expensive than the BPF ones hoping Amazon delivery is launch or close to it then I’ll just cancel apple.

Reactions: njek

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021
Sounds like the majority of the people are happy with the Purple. Are they not digging Space Black. 2 more days to go. We will know. Thanks for stopping by again and tel the U.K. folks I said hi. Also, Hi to Dino. I'm sure you guys are missing him desperately this year :( Long live!
Hi All,

In my new role as @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗 's Personal Assistant (PA, from here on out), I'd like to share the above message to all those concerned in this thread. Please take the time to digest the contents of the communication and do reach out if you have any questions.

Best wishes,
@Saladin12

PA

njek

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2011
Warminster, UK
I did the same. I had it all set up in advance but it messed up as we know. Ended up doing another Barclays application and cancelling the original when I could.

Amazon (I don’t know how) but allowed me to do 5 split payments so I am kinda ok sticking with that albeit they’re more expensive than the BPF ones hoping Amazon delivery is launch or close to it then I’ll just cancel apple.
I also had to resort to doing a 2nd Barclays application, already received acknowledgement from them that the original has been 'torn up' as the pre order wasn't completed.

Interesting re the 5 split payments, though this is still over 5 times what the BPF monthlies will be. I just stuck mine on my Amazon credit card, so reluctant to go through with it long-term if it can be returned when the Apple order arrives. Looks to me like Amazon's reurn policy is 30 days, can't see any mention of exceptions for mobile phones, nor for whether the 30 days is voided by opening/activating the phone.

dbrose

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2011
Hi All,

In my new role as @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗 's Personal Assistant (PA, from here on out), I'd like to share the above message to all those concerned in this thread. Please take the time to digest the contents of the communication and do reach out if you have any questions.

Best wishes,
@Saladin12

PA
Please advise @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗 they are welcome any time and that they should visit more often, we are only down the road!!!!

iamyash

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2013
Also if AOD consumes your battery on 14 Pro/Pro Max set the lock screen wallpaper to a black wallpaper and that should improve it as pixels are off. Just a thought 🤔

Reactions: njek and Saladin12

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
And there aren’t enough depth comparisons on the main camera. Peter McKinnon video was just poor. MKBHD was just like go to Peter’s video for camera for further review.
TechCrunch's review goes into the camera quite a bit: conclusion is that it's a solid upgrade with noticeable improvements over the 13 series, esp. in low light.

Reactions: iamyash

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
Also if AOD consumes your battery on 14 Pro/Pro Max set the lock screen wallpaper to a black wallpaper and that should improve it as pixels are off. Just a thought 🤔
Also if it looks from usage data when it gets into lots of people's hands that it's hitting the battery life they can easily tweak the software to reduce the screen brightness when it's dimmed to further reduce the power draw.

NARadyk

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2021
UK
Some super high-res photos of the Space Black and Purple phones from Input's review:

Space Black + Purple

Space Black 1

Space Black 2

Purple 1

Purple 2

Both look great - I'm very excited for my Space Black 14 Pro, coming from Pacific Blue on my 12 Pro.

Bit disappointed how it still isn’t quite the deep black I would like it to be. Has too much grey in it still. However, it’s really nice nonetheless and definitely the correct colour choice for me.

Reactions: H-B0mb

Seanm87

macrumors 68020
Oct 10, 2014
Hey guys

Ordered a 14 pro the other day. Delivery is early October, what are the chances of this arriving release day?

None?
What about before October?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.