Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

What model are you getting?

• Total voters

MrJM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2012
Just ordered the Forest Green leather case for my 14 PM (with free Sunday delivery). I really miss the green/eucalyptus colour of the 13 PM silicone case. Never had an Apple leather case so looking forward to seeing what it’s like. Anyone else got an Apple leather case for their 14?

I have the orange leather one for my 14 pro. It feels nice but is already starting to look a bit grubby. The leather seems to mark really easily too. I’ve already got a scrape down one edge from somewhere, no idea where as the phone is either in my pocket or on a desk. I don’t think orange was the right colour. Probably wouldn’t be as bad on a darker one.

Im hoping it turns into a nice patina!

Reactions: bbfc

BillGates1969

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2008
Poole, UK
Thanks again to the poster who posted the YouTube thing

First month on ’new plan’ came out of my bank.

A180BE22-BD70-401C-899B-5BFAD04801FE.jpeg

AppleFanToo

Suspended
Sep 5, 2022
Thanks again to the poster who posted the YouTube thing

First month on ’new plan’ came out of my bank.

View attachment 2091944

Keep meaning to do this!!

Isn't this all pointless though?

You're all paying £ (even if it is small) just so you can watch vids in 4K (for the record, my standard You Tube free account is still able to play back in 4K)..?!??

Even if the price was just 5p - I certainly wouldn't pay it just for this privilege.......

o_Oo_Oo_O

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.

You're all paying £ (even if it is small) just so you can watch vids in 4K (for the record, my standard You Tube free account is still able to play back in 4K)..?!??

Even if the price was just 5p - I certainly wouldn't pay it just for this privilege.......

o_Oo_Oo_O
A very major benefit is that YouTube Premium is ad-free.

Reactions: Mr.C and Guv280984

AppleFanToo

Suspended
Sep 5, 2022
Forgive me for saying this but I have noticed a lot of negativity in your posts over the weeks. Almost as if you are deliberately trying to irritate people. Perhaps I’m wrong.

That wasn't my intention so I apologize if that's how it came across.

I was just merely asking the question why people feel the need to pay for something which is free?

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
Can someone point me in the direction of this?

I would be well up for paying 80p a month for an ad free YT!

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018

o_Oo_Oo_O

...err - no it isn't.

So almost £1 for 4K (which is still currently available for free) and no ads...?!

No thanks....

...hardly worth paying almost £1 a month for though is it?
IN YOUR OPINION

Just because it's not worth £1 a month to you, doesn't mean it's not to someone else.

It works out a 2p per day. If someone watches 2/3 videos a day, ad free then that could be money well spent because ads are bloody irritating. This is my opinion and one I'll be using as to why I'd be up for this deal.

I bet you've spent £1 on something else this month than most won't feel is worth it? In fact, I can almost guarantee you pay out £x on things that others will feel aren't worth it. But they will be to you.

You do you, hun.

rsdotscot

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2006
Scotland
My Pro is finally going to arrive today but the screen protector I ordered from ESR directly a week ago is still sitting in limbo with Evri (formerly Hermes, why do companies still give this crowd business?). Anybody been in the same boat? How long did it take to finally arrive (the screen protector, not the phone)?

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
How are you all getting YouTube Premium so cheap?
here;

1. Use a VPN relaying your internet connection via Argentina.
2. Sign in to YouTube Premium. It will quote you ARS 119 (Argentinian Pesos), less than £1, for a single monthly subscription or you can sign up for a family membership for around £1.20p per month.
3. Sign up using a credit card and use a random Argentinian address. You can find one using
4. Once done you should have access to YouTube Premium GB.
5. No need to use VPN after set up except (I think) to add or remove family members.

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021
I was just merely asking the question why people feel the need to pay for something which is free?

But it's not free. Most, if not all, on here aren't specifically paying for the 4K (I didn't even know that was a thing tbh). We're, or at least me, are paying to not have to sit through multiple adds per video, the PIP on iPhone, the access to YT Music, the ability to download videos to the device (will be using this for my trip later this month).

For £1.20 or whatever it is a month for the family plan, my wife gets to benefit from the above too. That's so minimal I'm not even going to think about it. You know what I did think about EVERY DAY I watched YouTube videos? The ads!

dbrose

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2011

o_Oo_Oo_O

I pay for it to be ad free and Picture in Picture. Nothing to do with 4k.

dbrose

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2011
That wasn't my intention so I apologize if that's how it came across.

It’s exactly how it came across.

Why would they offer a service at all if they didn’t think people would sign up for it. It would have gone a long time ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.