Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

What model are you getting?

• Total voters

SayCheese

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2007
Oxfordshire, England
Also no MR article yet but I do have this update too.

Attachments

• 0984B23B-55F4-45AF-BAEA-6770F1E89658.jpeg
    0984B23B-55F4-45AF-BAEA-6770F1E89658.jpeg
    532.5 KB · Views: 42

MrJM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2012
Thanks for the YouTube tip. Me and a few mates have jumped on that! Worth it for the ad free videos alone!

And I’m undecided whether to purchase the ultra or not. It is a lot of money for a smart watch!

BillGates1969

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2008
Poole, UK
Is Cyberghost any good fellas. With Cashback its coming upto £10 for 2 years lol
Quidco offering 90% for CyberGhost and Private Internet Access.

Topcashback offering 90% for Nord.
I am currently on the 2 year plan for Cyber ghost - works well. It runs out at the end of the month and I am going NordVPN - only because I can get discount & cash back from perks at work :)

Reactions: Sal09

azing

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2013
The North
So after a lot of debating with myself I'm keeping the AW Ultra. I like it and I'm sure if I went back to the smaller S8 I'd regret it.
Decision made... Now, do I need to sign up for cellular? Hmmm 🤔
Do you go out a lot without your phone and watch only? I only bought it for running so I have it in case of emergencies really. Probably wouldn’t bother otherwise.
Edit: Talking about cellular, not the ultra!

Reactions: UltraInstinct

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
But isn't the screen size basically the same size as the S8?

Edited to add: screen size on the S8 is only 0.14mm smaller, or 1143 vs 1164 sq mm display area: https://www.macrumors.com/guide/apple-watch-series-8-vs-apple-watch-ultra/

I’m holding my Series 5 next to my Ultra. It may or may not just be perception but my Ultra’s display does look distinctly bigger then that of my Series 5. Maybe it’s because it has a flat display as opposed to the standard watch’s rounded display. It definitely looks a fair bit bigger to me and a much better experience in using it.

Saladin12

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2021
I’m holding my Series 5 next to my Ultra. It may or may not just be perception but my Ultra’s display does look distinctly bigger then that of my Series 5. Maybe it’s because it has a flat display as opposed to the standard watch’s rounded display. It definitely looks a fair bit bigger to me and a much better experience in using it.
It’s deffo a fair bit bigger than the S5. But compared to the S7/S8 it’s not.

The majority of the 49mm vs 45mm is down to the bulky casing.

Reactions: azing and Mr.C

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
I spent the month between ordering and receiving the plus thinking that I’d made a mistake ordering the larger phone.

I’ve had it three days, I was just showing it to my friend, she has the 11. I grabbed her phone to search for something and thought wow, this screen is small .

Well played apple, now next year, if they don’t continue the plus I’ll have to go pro max.

My first proper week with the pro max and I’m sold. The screen just feels ‘normal’ now. Don’t even look at it and think this is the big phone anymore.

dbrose

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2011
I spent the month between ordering and receiving the plus thinking that I’d made a mistake ordering the larger phone.

I’ve had it three days, I was just showing it to my friend, she has the 11. I grabbed her phone to search for something and thought wow, this screen is small .

Well played apple, now next year, if they don’t continue the plus I’ll have to go pro max.

May struggle to get a Pro Max next year. Rumour is Ultra!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.