Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

What model are you getting?

• Total voters

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Bear in mind for those who charge overnight, with optimized battery charging enabled, the handset will learn your charging routine - so lets say you put it on charge around 10pm every day, and remove at 8am. The hadset will 'learn' this routine, so will charge to 80% over night, then just before 8am it will top up that extra 20% so its at 100% for you when you remove it from its charger.

This obviously works best for those who have a daily charging routine though since the iPhone needs to learn that routine first.
Nevertheless, there is a reason why it charges to 80%, and only tops up to 100% towards the end of the charging session. Keeping teh battery plugged in and sitting at 100% for long periods is detrimental to its health.

dbrose

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2011
Apple, but it’s going back. Don’t like the throttling it makes the phone extremely hot so I’m going to stick to old fashioned lightning charging

How weird. I have Apple MagSafe charger and my device never gets warm.

Just taken it off the charger now and cool.

89290c6b2ca70d6e7411d2e4607b28de.jpg

Reactions: robotica

sparkie1984

macrumors 68030
Dec 20, 2009
a small village near London
Bear in mind for those who charge overnight, with optimized battery charging enabled, the handset will learn your charging routine - so lets say you put it on charge around 10pm every day, and remove at 8am. The hadset will 'learn' this routine, so will charge to 80% over night, then just before 8am it will top up that extra 20% so its at 100% for you when you remove it from its charger.

This obviously works best for those who have a daily charging routine though since the iPhone needs to learn that routine first.
Nevertheless, there is a reason why it charges to 80%, and only tops up to 100% towards the end of the charging session. Keeping teh battery plugged in and sitting at 100% for long periods is detrimental to its health.

Thing is mine is on and off charge all the time, I do have optimised charging enabled though.

Honestly I’ve never ever had an issue with any of my batteries. Phones iPads macs. Even my drills at work.

I’m sure it’s the most optimium (same reason why car makers do it with their cars) but I really don’t think it’s necessary on phones

Reactions: MrJM and Ifti

dbrose

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2011
Thing is mine is on and off charge all the time, I do have optimised charging enabled though.

Honestly I’ve never ever had an issue with any of my batteries. Phones iPads macs. Even my drills at work.

I’m sure it’s the most optimium (same reason why car makers do it with their cars) but I really don’t think it’s necessary on phones

I tend to agree. I don’t have time to worry about how to charge my phone. I know after a year I will have a shiny new battery.

I put it on MagSafe throughout the night and during the day if I’m working it’s sat on MagSafe.

The technology is well equipped to manage the battery these days.

AppleFanToo

Suspended
Sep 5, 2022
ESR Armorite:

Deal: ESR Armorite Tempered-Glass Compatible with iPhone 14 Pro Max Screen Protector, Ultra-Tough, Easy Alignment Frame, 2 Pack https://amzn.eu/70R6Pyi

Using it now, very nice. No experience of the Spigen though, I heard of the ESR in this forum.
Anyone using ESR screen protector? How’s the fit

as good as always!

ESR Screen Protector ordered:

ESR Case:

First time trying out ESR products hope they are good, and first time trying a clear case. £59 does not justify the leather case anymore for me. Doesn't feel nice and soft, just a really hard material case. Have the Midnight Leather for 13 Pro but don't think it's worth getting it again. But Umber colour is looking good!

Roll on next week for the iPhones!! (eBay or JL)

Cannot decide Silver or Space Black! 😕

These are the ESR 14 Pro regular screen protectors: https://amzn.eu/d/4WLmfLY

I'm not seeing any links to the 14 Pro Armorite screen protectors. Maybe somebody else can post?

The 13 Pro and 14 Pro have different earpiece cutouts. Technically the 13 Pro protector will fit, but it will leave some of the screen exposed. Somebody posted a 13 Pro vs 14 Pro screen protector side-by-side comparison earlier in the thread.

ESR Armorite Screen Protector Compatible with iPhone 14 Pro Screen Protector, Ultra-Tough Tempered-Glass, Easy Alignment Frame, 2 Pack https://amzn.eu/d/aDhsQT3

Apologies for the multi-quote but have any of you guys received this version from ESR (with the mesh around the speaker grill) :

1665382978874.png

1665383012627.png

If yes, have you had any detriment with the sound coming out the earpiece as it seems to be covered somewhat?

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
Apologies for the multi-quote but have any of you guys received this version from ESR (with the mesh around the speaker grill) :

1665382978874.png

1665383012627.png

If yes, have you had any detriment with the sound coming out the earpiece as it seems to be covered somewhat?
nope, I always get armorite ones with the black boarder

Reactions: AppleFanToo

fat jez

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Glasgow, UK
Yes I did get one of those too but I prefer a one cable solution and don’t like using extension cables. Really and truly Apple should have either included a detachable solution or sold a separate MagSafe charger with a longer cable.
Yeah, absolutely agree about the detachable part. Especially when you have a cat who likes to chew white cables 🙄

Reactions: Mr.C and dbrose

mrandyyu

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Birmingham, UK

No grill on my regular (non-Armorite) ESR 14 Pro Max or the wife's 14 Pro screen protectors.

Reactions: AppleFanToo

Guv280984

macrumors 6502
Mar 9, 2008
Norn Iron
anyone tried one of those MagSafe duo copycats on amazon?

an all in one travel charger would be good for a planned break in a few weeks!
Might try this one:

Did have my eye on this one too:

Last edited:
Reactions: Saladin12

dbrose

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2011
Here’s a bargain. Lightning deal on Amazon. Twin pack of Anker 20w chargers. £16.99 (less than £8.50 each)

Limited-time deal for Prime Members: USB C Plug, Anker 2-Pack 20W Fast USB C Charger, PowerPort III 20W Cube Charger for iPhone 14/14 Pro/14 Pro Max/13 Pro/13 Pro Max, Galaxy, iPad (Cable Not Included) https://amzn.eu/d/8oZZ8W5

View attachment 2092764

Thanks for spending my money!!

Have partnered them with these

iPhone Fast Charger Cable Avoalre 3Pack 2M USB C to Lightning Cable [MFi Certified ] New iPhone Cable Compatible with iPhone13 12 11 Pro Max X XS XR,iPad Pro MacBook Air, iPod - White https://amzn.eu/d/g3uFjRo

Last edited:
Reactions: CD3660

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Yeah, absolutely agree about the detachable part. Especially when you have a cat who likes to chew white cables

I forgot to mention in my previous post. To be honest I like my Belkin Boost 3 in 1 charger as it charges my iPhone , Apple Watch and AirPods. It doesn’t have fast charge for the watch though so I may still replace it for the newer model.

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
Might try this one:

Did have my eye on this one too:

Really the only brands I would trust are the well known ones like Apple, Anker, Belkin, Nomad, Native Union etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.