Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which 15 Pro are you getting?

• Total voters

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
It’s very much the pile it high sell it cheap model and as long as you don’t need extras, such as Wi-Fi hotspots, it should be fine. It works on the Three network, as does Smarty, so that might be an issue depending on where you expect to use the phone. Like pretty much all virtual providers support is online only. I don’t think they support e-SIMs if that is important.

If Three is a problem might be worth looking at Lebara (Vodafone) or Sky/Tesco/Gifgaff (O2). Finally it’s worth looking at both USwitch and MoneySavingExpert as they occasionally have exclusive deals to save a bit more.
Lyca mobile now use EE and you can Get eSIMS on PAYG, if you just needed to add one for a month or something.

Reactions: BillGates1969

SaxPlayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Dorset, England
I haven't read all 195 pages of the thread, but have been actively watching over the last couple of days. There's been talk of cases so I thought I'd upload pictures of the one I've bought from Mous. It was eye-wateringly expensive. It's easily the most I've ever spent on a case, but it's an expensive phone...! 🤷‍♂️

IMG_6775.jpeg
IMG_6776.jpeg
IMG_6777.jpeg
IMG_6778.jpeg
IMG_6779.jpeg
IMG_6780.jpeg

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Currys cancelling iPhone Pro Max pre-orders and issuing a refund. Reason - stock issues and no availability until Nov.
Every year, we tell people that Currys are a HUGE risk and can’t be trusted to stick to launch day deliveries, regardless of what your initial order may say.

GigabitEthernet

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2013
United Kingdom
I haven't read all 195 pages of the thread, but have been actively watching over the last couple of days. There's been talk of cases so I thought I'd upload pictures of the one I've bought from Mous. It was eye-wateringly expensive. It's easily the most I've ever spent on a case, but it's an expensive phone...! 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 2271883 View attachment 2271884 View attachment 2271885 View attachment 2271886 View attachment 2271887 View attachment 2271888

Looks like a bar of soap like all Mous cases.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
Same old… Do we know why though? Are these retailers agreeing a stock allocation from apple for a set date which isn't met or are they knowingly overselling on a false delivery promise?
They get an allocation from Apple, same as every retailer in the world.

But, what they clearly do is over sell. Probably on the basis that people cancel, but every damned year they disappoint people.

I have been amazed for years that they are still in business and I was shocked that CPW merged with them.

jimbob500

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2011
Anyone know how to get the yodel tracking number for Argos orders? Or have to wait until Yodel send it?

OS X Dude

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
UK
I pre-ordered super early on launch day, EE said it’d be a month before I got it but I just got the DPD tracking for delivery tomorrow! I think they were under-promising to over-deliver, that or Apple have scrambled the Typhoons to get them out ASAP.

sMiK

macrumors regular
May 8, 2008
Liverpool, UK
Well, I chanced an order from Curry's, with a view if it arrives - great, if not I'll be looking to order a pickup on Friday. My trade in is valid with MM until 2nd of Oct so I've got time. Frankly if the Apple pre-order process actually worked on the 15th I wouldn't have to bother with any of this. Last time it was this bad for me was iPhone 7 days... Been able to quite easily pre-order the previous years with no hassle at all :/

jason.coles

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2015
So in my best Homer voice “Doh” was feeling all smug as you do, I got a Natural 256GB PM from Apple for launch day delivery then I realised the next morning hang on aren’t we on away on holiday next Thursday & Friday …… Damn

So no one else can be at home to accept the delivery will DPD or DHL deliver to a neighbour or will DPD deliver to my local “pickup point” as per my app settings ?

Reactions: techcboy

techcboy

macrumors member
May 29, 2023
So in my best Homer voice “Doh” was feeling all smug as you do, I got a Natural 256GB PM from Apple for launch day delivery then I realised the next morning hang on aren’t we on away on holiday next Thursday & Friday …… Damn

So no one else can be at home to accept the delivery will DPD or DHL deliver to a neighbour or will DPD deliver to my local “pickup point” as per my app settings ?
If I remember rightly they don't allow you to get it anywhere else but home, you might be able to reschedule to Saturday delivery.

Reactions: jason.coles

Gubro

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
UK
My Benks order just arrived in the UK. I do not expect it to arrive before tomorrow. Fortunately I have a backup case and glass that I can use until delivery.

johnmed

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2009
uk

View attachment 2271883 View attachment 2271884 View attachment 2271885 View attachment 2271886 View attachment 2271887 View attachment 2271888
Nice case. I had the wooden variant on my 13PM. I looked at the cost of multiple cases I inevitably buy and screen protectors and went with Applecare+ instead. Naked and without a care in the world is how I'm rolling.

SaxPlayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Dorset, England
Looks like a bar of soap like all Mous cases.

Well hopefully it'll keep my hands nice and clean then. 😊

I've had a Mous case on my current phone (iPhone 11 Pro Max) for years and it's protected it well. The back of the case itself looks worn and pretty terrible. I don't treat my phones badly at all so can only think it's worn away being put in and out of my jeans pocket over months and years(!) but the phone itself is fine inside and that's the main thing so I'm giving it a go for the new one.

I wish I'd read this thread before I ordered it and then I might've considered other options, but at least I'll have a case from Day 1.

Premal212

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2017
London UK
Anyone got any updates with Vodafone? I purchased around 1:30pm on preorder day and got email straight away etc, but both devices PM 256 NT, and pro 128 NT, both got updates on the online tracker saying 1-2 weeks 8am-6pm but spoke to the rep and they assured me it will be launch day and was so certain they sent me a text confirming it but online tracker still says 1-2 weeks

Yeah, similar time as yourself, and same situation, the online tracker says 1-2 weeks 8am-6pm. Also spoke to the agent, they said the same thing, didn't receive the text confirmation like yourself but he did assure me.

So yeah I imagine the online systems will adjust tonight, maybe after 10pm, that was the cut off last I saw on the Vodafone store. It said something like order by 10pm 21st Sept for 22nd Sept delivery

SaxPlayer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2007
Dorset, England
Nice case. I had the wooden variant on my 13PM. I looked at the cost of multiple cases I inevitably buy and screen protectors and went with Applecare+ instead. Naked and without a care in the world is how I'm rolling.

I can understand that. I considered that myself as I've also gone for Applecare+. I usually buy through my business but the insurance for business phones is very restrictive and you have to have a case on and you can't get the interest free options etc etc so this year I've bought it personally so I can do what I want. It means I can't claim the VAT back, but paying monthly interest free is a price worth paying.

I must admit to being tempted to try using it without the (expensive) case I've just bought now and then, for exactly the same reasons you're going down that route. Having said that, I've heard that the titanium scratches easily...?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.