Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which 15 Pro are you getting?

• Total voters

Deeps

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
Nottingham, UK
I haven't read all 195 pages of the thread, but have been actively watching over the last couple of days. There's been talk of cases so I thought I'd upload pictures of the one I've bought from Mous. It was eye-wateringly expensive. It's easily the most I've ever spent on a case, but it's an expensive phone...! 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 2271883 View attachment 2271884 View attachment 2271885 View attachment 2271886 View attachment 2271887 View attachment 2271888
That blue case looks great!

You got me thinking about getting one!

Reactions: SaxPlayer and Gubro

7422736m

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2021
Ordered some nomad cases for 15 pro. First time trying them. Look quite nice.

View attachment 2271868 View attachment 2271871

Like Nomad cases, although I never had any.
The design and details seem great.
One only detail I fear not to protect the iPhone adequately is the lack of a soft lining in the sides the case. Most of leather cases have a soft lining, whereas the Nomad leather case has simply a rubber/plastic material with air gaps?
I honestly fear that to the iPhone frame in the long run....

NARadyk

macrumors 6502a
May 21, 2021
UK
I'm confident, as they always have been reliable. It's just the self-inflicted inconvenience of being without an iPhone that makes me cross my fingers and toes a bit more tightly.

I feel your pain. I’ve been without a phone for about 2 weeks now so I’m ready to have one back tomorrow!

Reactions: johnmed

jeddouglas

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2012
Inverness, UK
Saw in earlier post about Xtremeskins and thinking about ordering clear Matt for my 15PM. I did pick up the Apple MagSafe clear case at the weekend, but could return. What are people’s experience of Xtremeskins?

StefanWolves

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2012
I just went for a clear spigen magsafe case. Seems a lot less flimsy than the equivalents on Amazon, and hopefully it doesn’t go yellow

Attachments

• IMG_5214.jpeg
    IMG_5214.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 28

Gubro

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
UK
I just went for a clear spigen magsafe case. Seems a lot less flimsy than the equivalents on Amazon, and hopefully it doesn’t go yellow
I had so many clear cases. They all promise no yellowing and unfortunately so far these all failed to deliver. Fingers crossed for you.

Scontig

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2014
United Kingdom
View attachment 2271799

Going to pick mine up at the local store tomorrow afternoon, but I have surgery in the morning so I'm probably going to roll up to the Apple Store all high.
Loving the Majora's Mask reference. I was thinking the same when I woke up this morning!

I'm one of the many awaiting a shipment notification today. I ordered direct from Apple at 1:05pm last Friday. I'm just gonna assume it won't be sent till late this afternoon/evening. :)

Reactions: Nekomichi

Stuart1714

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2015
Like Nomad cases, although I never had any.
The design and details seem great.
One only detail I fear not to protect the iPhone adequately is the lack of a soft lining in the sides the case. Most of leather cases have a soft lining, whereas the Nomad leather case has simply a rubber/plastic material with air gaps?
I honestly fear that to the iPhone frame in the long run....
I’ve had a few cases from Nomad and although they provide great drop protection, the last couple have been disappointing. The last one was on an iPhone 12 Pro Max which is being replaced tomorrow. When I’ve come to recycle the phones, the backs have been fine but the sides have had quite a few scratches on them reducing the value.

I’ve got one of the new Apple fine woven cases for my 15 Pro Max as a stop gap and will then have a look around to see what I’m going to settle with in the longer term.

StefanWolves

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2012
I had so many clear cases. They all promise no yellowing and unfortunately so far these all failed to deliver. Fingers crossed for you.
I’d take 6 months without yellowing, to be honest. I’ll probably end up buying a Mujjo during Black Friday :D

Reactions: Gubro

Qountdown

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2022

D-BRAND reckon they will replace the clear case free if it ever yellows and you'll die before it does. lol - was going to go with it myself but decided against it in the end.

dbrand.png

Gubro

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
UK
D-BRAND reckon they will replace the clear case free if it ever yellows and you'll die before it does. lol - was going to go with it myself but decided against it in the end.

View attachment 2271912
I’ve seen that advert. To be honest it is hard to believe, that it will stay clear, so I think they will have a lot of free replacements to send out.

Qountdown

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2022
Saw in earlier post about Xtremeskins and thinking about ordering clear Matt for my 15PM. I did pick up the Apple MagSafe clear case at the weekend, but could return. What are people’s experience of Xtremeskins?
This will be my first time trying them and literally just had a dispatch email to say they are on the way!

It was listed as pre-order so was hoping wouldn't have to wait too long but seems they already have them ready to ship

ukp

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2007
Anyone who has upgraded via O2, does your order status say "Processing"? I'm worried my order has failed somehow since the website kept crashing on ordering.

Southernguy

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2015
Hampshire
They get an allocation from Apple, same as every retailer in the world.

But, what they clearly do is over sell. Probably on the basis that people cancel, but every damned year they disappoint people.

I have been amazed for years that they are still in business and I was shocked that CPW merged with them.
That’s so bad and I feel for all the people that have been stitched up but tbh I never buy from curry’s as a rule due to one bad experience over a dud telly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Azzin
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.