Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Splashing the cash this September?

• Total voters

mpConroe

macrumors regular
Feb 14, 2017
Arbroath (UK) / Wroclaw (PL)
CW dispatched my new iPhone XS 256 GB Gold.

The countdown started!
Zrzut ekranu 2018-09-20 o 13.55.19.png

Reactions: Manda

drpellypo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2007
Northumberland, UK
Urgh I have UKMail. :(

I can't speak for all the UK mail guys, but I know a few, and I can tell you that if they have a shed load of iphones in their van, they are going to stuff the optimisation routes (which give you the hourly windows) and get rid of them all as soon as they can. There's a high risk of hijack and they don't want to put themselves at risk, so they will offload as much of it as early in the morning as they can.

LPK1990

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2015
Merseyside
I have UK Mail, which I'm happy with. I had a computer screen delivered broken on two occasions when DPD were delivering it, so my faith in using them for expensive electronics is rather low since then.

I've never had any problems with UK Mail when they have delivered to me in the past, so fingers crossed for another smooth delivery on Friday! ^_^

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Just cashed in last years AppleCare Plus. Got back £111. Happy with that so tomorrow will buy again for only £88.

DavidWildJnr

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2011
Manchester UK
I received a notification from DPD this morning telling me that a delivery had been redirected to my local Halfords at my request. I have just found out that the parcel is my iPhone!!!!! Very worrying......... DPD have at least one recorded incident of driver theft.
Turns out I put it in some DPD preference 2 years ago.

Manatlt

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2013
London, UK
I can't speak for all the UK mail guys, but I know a few, and I can tell you that if they have a shed load of iphones in their van, they are going to stuff the optimisation routes (which give you the hourly windows) and get rid of them all as soon as they can. There's a high risk of hijack and they don't want to put themselves at risk, so they will offload as much of it as early in the morning as they can.
I hope so. Three years ago when I ordered the 6s, I had UKMail. They delivered the iPhone to me at 7:25pm. The whole day was gone. I was pissed, annoyed, refreshing the whole day. It was a nightmare, and I don't want to face it again.

I had DPD since and it was much better. Now, back to UKMail...*sigh*

jhill-evans

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2015
Just cashed in last years AppleCare Plus. Got back £111. Happy with that so tomorrow will buy again for only £88.

Wait!? You can do this???? I've always sold my devices with them and accepted the loss.. as a result this year I wasn't going to buy AC+

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
Reactions: Cutiekitty92

keserooz

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
Despite my order being stuck at 'processing' on the O2 website, having just spoke to O2 online, they assure me that I am in the batch of preparing to dispatch, and are 'hopeful' my phone will arrive tomorrow. Here's hoping, cos I've got the day off work!

Yep i had a similar conversation, and in reality i don't think they can see what orders are going to be shipping. When did you order?

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
I can't believe I didn't know this! My X had over a year left and although I sold it with the AppleCare+ it made pretty much zero difference in the sell price. :(
did you transfer the apple care to the new owner? I had to call apple and give them the new owner name, email, address etc (for my S3 watch)
[doublepost=1537449268][/doublepost]
I have offers with envirofone (£635) or Music Magpie (£650). iPhone X 256GB.
ah yes I remember... not in IUP

losing a few braincells with IUP related questions :D

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
Wait!? You can do this???? I've always sold my devices with them and accepted the loss.. as a result this year I wasn't going to buy AC+
If I sell to another person I sell with AC+ as it's a good selling point. This year, to avoid all the hassle I'm planning to sell to Music Magpie. They don't need it or enquire about it.

theCraigLaw

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2013
Is anybody going to the Apple store tomorrow without an appointment? Planning to get in the queue by around 7.45am to get a XS on iPhone Payments, not sure what to expect and whether I'd be successful?

jhill-evans

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2015
did you transfer the apple care to the new owner? I had to call apple and give them the new owner name, email, address etc (for my S3 watch)
[doublepost=1537449268][/doublepost]
ah yes I remember... not in IUP

losing a few braincells with IUP related questions :D

Yes, I sent him the original receipts etc but after he asked me to ring Apple and do a change of owner for the proof of coverage like you. Still got my S3, it ends on eBay tonight.

Makes me wonder if people ever sell them 'with apple care' then cancel them o_O defiantly something to be wary of in future, I've bought Laptops on ebay with AC+ in the past.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.