Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Splashing the cash this September?

• Total voters

Cutiekitty92

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2015
UK
I
nice work... how early did you sell to get that much?
im still using it right now, I listed it on Sunday
[doublepost=1537449635][/doublepost]
I did think of eBay but would of needed to sell a couple of weeks ago. Don't have a spare phone. Was contemplating buying a cheap one but, now selling to MM I can keep my X until I get my XS before selling.
I’m not sending mine out until Monday 24th for that reason and put this on the listing

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
Is anybody going to the Apple store tomorrow without an appointment? Planning to get in the queue by around 7.45am to get a XS on iPhone Payments, not sure what to expect and whether I'd be successful?
15 minutes before stores open might be optimistic? but then again, I'm not sure how many people actually queue for walk in stock nowadays..

macrumors and other sites and even the news would have images of people camping outside days before hand in years gone past...

Supersonicc

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2016
I have UK Mail doing the honours tomorrow, who are incidentally being rebranded to DHL Parcel UK.

Happy with that as I've personally had no issues with UK Mail in the past.

Roll on Friday!

Reactions: Jinjin

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
Yes, I sent him the original receipts etc but after he asked me to ring Apple and do a change of owner for the proof of coverage like you. Still got my S3, it ends on eBay tonight.

Makes me wonder if people ever sell them 'with apple care' then cancel them o_O defiantly something to be wary of in future, I've bought Laptops on ebay with AC+ in the past.
i'm sure they do, not so bad for a watch as it would have only made me £30 back if I'd have refunded it.. I got about the same in the price on eBay for it so worked out well.

jhill-evans

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2015
If I sell to another person I sell with AC+ as it's a good selling point. This year, to avoid all the hassle I'm planning to sell to Music Magpie. They don't need it or enquire about it.

Yeah good point.. I used it as a selling point a few times and got about £90 more than the Music Magpie etc. I think if I had sold it for -£90 to Music Magpie and retrieved the cost of AC+ I would have been slightly better off and not had to deal with the time wasters.

Oh well, learnt for next year!

Reactions: AVBeatMan

theCraigLaw

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2013
15 minutes before stores open might be optimistic? but then again, I'm not sure how many people actually queue for walk in stock nowadays..

macrumors and other sites and even the news would have images of people camping outside days before hand in years gone past...

Probably optimistic but I don't want to queue up from the crack of dawn. I am with you on that I think these massive queues would exist back in the iPhone 4/5 days but not anymore. Anyway we'll see!

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
I’m disappointed that I may not get a text from DPD until circa 11:00 tomorrow. Other couriers will have started dropping phones off from 08:30. Half my day gone!
why not until 11?

they usually send your 1 hour window as soon as the van is loaded and out for delivery.. usually they start earlier on iPhone day too
[doublepost=1537450692][/doublepost]
Probably optimistic but I don't want to queue up from the crack of dawn. I am with you on that I think these massive queues would exist back in the iPhone 4/5 days but not anymore. Anyway we'll see!
you just have massive queues of people who have reserved instead

rachpid

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2017
Ordered mine on 14th to be collected from my local O2 store - expected date was tomorrow, got a text this morning to say it was on it's way there today. Should be delivered any minute now according to the tracking!

r1biker

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2016
Is anybody going to the Apple store tomorrow without an appointment? Planning to get in the queue by around 7.45am to get a XS on iPhone Payments, not sure what to expect and whether I'd be successful?
Last year at Stratford London for the iPhone X there was the non appointment queue and it was moving quite fast. Lots of people seemed to bring family members so they could buy 2 phones each.

They let people in from that queue all the time, whilst we had to wait till our time slot to go in.

theCraigLaw

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2013
Last year at Stratford London for the iPhone X there was the non appointment queue and it was moving quite fast. Lots of people seemed to bring family members so they could buy 2 phones each.

They let people in from that queue all the time, whilst we had to wait till our time slot to go in.

That's the exact store I'll be going to. Sounds like it'd be completely fine then given the XS is a bit of a smaller launch.

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
That's the exact store I'll be going to. Sounds like it'd be completely fine then given the XS is a bit of a smaller launch.
yeah I think the XS will be OK.

I've still in two minds of the Max, going to have a look in store and then see if they have any stock for me to swap my XS IUP upgrade for....

Reactions: theCraigLaw

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK

I can't find a single news story about anyone queuing for the iPhone XS on Google - perhaps we Brits just don't do this anymore.....!

w_aldo

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2018
Stockton-on-Tees, UK
UKMail tracking works for me. Click the tracking number on your Apple store order, then when it takes you to the Syncreon site, click "To manage your delivery, click here" and it should take you to the tracking page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.