Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Splashing the cash this September?

• Total voters

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I just picked up the Cape Cod Blue leather case from Apple but I'll be returning it tomorrow. Just a bit too close to baby blue. The Forest Green one looks great in person - almost black in some light – so I'll swap them after picking up my Xs . Hopefully that one will age as well as my current Cosmos Blue one has

...don't forget that the Cape Cod will age over the months so it will indeed get darker.

My Cosmos Blue iPhone 8 Plus case has aged beautifully over the past year!

Reactions: Azzin

richardjhurst

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2015
I thought orders opened 8:02am. I just happened to notice, when I was queuing everything up, that it would let me go through. Did it open earlier than advertised, or was it advertised as opening earlier?

Yes most of the phone websites let you start ordering early last Friday, I thought it was supposed to be 8am but the majority of them jumped the gun

jhill-evans

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2015
Just ordered an XS Max 256 from EE on the £70 100Gig Max plan deal.
Got a text just now saying my order will be delivered on 21st by DPD :D

I’ll be handing back my X tomorrow and refunding my reserved Max 256.

That 100Gig data will save me a packet on hotel Wi-Fi, no brainer for me.

Can you give me an idea where you get this deal? I can't see it on their website.

rachpid

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2017
Just had notification that mine's been delivered to my O2 store. Can't get it till after work tomorrow. It's going to be a v long day!

rachpid

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2017
Just had a text from o2...and it’s a priority text

My text came straight from UK Mail, haven't actually heard anything from O2 themselves since I ordered! Have you checked the status in your My o2? There should be a tracking number in there for the delivery.

kjm18

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2014
Hexham, UK
My text came straight from UK Mail, haven't actually heard anything from O2 themselves since I ordered! Have you checked the status in your My o2? There should be a tracking number in there for the delivery.

In progress atm, hopefully should change soon

maka344

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2009
London, UK
dece bag! - was that a new deal or retention?
Same deal as me. They offered me the 512GB @ £78pm.

They also waved the upfront cost, reduced my early upgrade fee from £554 to £54 and allowed me to keep the S8 Plus I have an an early upgrade plan with them.

I ordered the 256GB Max at full price as I was going to simple buy outright this year, the deal from EE was that good, I couldn't refuse and means the actual 100GB Max plan is only costing around £17pm.

They must have excess stock as they don't tend to do deals this early in the cycle, not especially in the pre-order phase anyway!

Reactions: Baal

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
looks like some of the watches for in store collection tomorrow have started changing from 'processing items' to 'ready for pickup'

phones could be changing too!

Manda

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Reading, UK
Just had email from very saying my iPhone has been dispatcher with a tracker code for royal mail. Code doesn't work on track and trace.

dan-K

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2012
My reservation tomorrow is for 5pm at Regent St, but now I've found out I can work from home tomorrow. What's the chances of them letting me go and pick it up at around 12pm?

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
Just had email from very saying my iPhone has been dispatcher with a tracker code for royal mail. Code doesn't work on track and trace.
Royal Mail traffic is pretty lame.. not as many events it seems.. will track at some point this evening for you.

Manatlt

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2013
London, UK
Still waiting for an update from UKMail (Apple Store). No SMS text, Syncreon just gives me a "Order not yet within the carrier network. Please check again later." message since 12pm.

mvp2206

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2008
Southampton, UK
looks like some of the watches for in store collection tomorrow have started changing from 'processing items' to 'ready for pickup'

phones could be changing too!

Just checked mine and its ready for pickup tomorrow AM (after swearing I would not buy one somehow an iPhone XS Max 256gb ended up in my basket!)

Reactions: Jinjin

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.
My reservation tomorrow is for 5pm at Regent St, but now I've found out I can work from home tomorrow. What's the chances of them letting me go and pick it up at around 12pm?
Slim I’d say.

30 or 45 minutes earlier and I’d say you’ve got a good chance, but not 5 hours early.

Having said that, if you get there at 12 and Apple can do,it, it’s a win win.

yourmn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
United Kingdom
I thought orders opened 8:02am. I just happened to notice, when I was queuing everything up, that it would let me go through. Did it open earlier than advertised, or was it advertised as opening earlier?

O2 opened early - refreshed just after half past 7 and they were up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.