UK iPod Rebate Fiasco

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by The Samurai, Oct 28, 2008.

1. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

I'll try and make this as short and clear as possible.

• Purchased new Macbook this month with iPod rebate offer.
    • Sent away for iPod rebate three days later.
    • Found a fault with Macbook two days ago and exchanged it with a brand new one.
    • Apple contact me today via mail saying they haven't received my rebate yet.
    • I checked the post office receipt and they sent it via recorded delivery but no details showing yet (posted 5 days ago). I am a bit worried as I have noticed that the post office entered the bloody wrong postcode on the receipt, one digit was incorrect thus I have a feeling that the rebate has gone elsewhere.

What should I do?

2. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

If it's recorded delivery, then they should have the signature of whomever signed for it... if there's a mistake somewhere, I would phone Apple.

I can't see how you returned the MacBook though as the box had a huge hole in it... did they let you take the old box in?

3. The Samurai thread starter macrumors 68000

The Samurai

When I try to track it, I get this showing:

Recorded Signed For™ items are only tracked after the item has been delivered. Depending on whether the item was sent first or second class, this may be a few days after posting. Please try again later.

Information on your item is not yet available online.

Do Apple have a contact number that is dedicated to rebates or do I call customer care?

They took the Macbook back no problem. Actually, what was more suprising was that they didn't even open the box to see if the notebook was still there - no i'm not kidding. They transferred the Applecare etc onto my new Macbook.

4. DannyBres macrumors 65816

DannyBres

what was the fault?
    and which store did you return it to?

5. skyton macrumors 6502

i would be really interested to hear if anyone has got their rebate (printer/ipod) back yet from a new macbook

i sent mine in a couple of weeks ago now by special delivery

ive checked the website and it has been signed for and delivered

but i also got the email saying my rebate details had not been received

6. C225 macrumors regular

When i took my rebate stuff to the post office i was told the postcode was wrong aswell and they changed it but mine has been signed for by someone anyway.

7. Storm Shadow macrumors regular

is this only a problem if you bought from an apple retail store?

if you purchased online can you submit all the relevant rebate details online?

8. logana macrumors 65816

logana

If you purchase on-line and do the rebate on-line you then have to print your personalised rebate form and send back the bar-codes. Not really very on-line.....

9. The Samurai thread starter macrumors 68000

The Samurai

I was in a similar position to some of you. I posted my iPod rebate via recorded delivery and a week went by without any e-mail. So I checked Royal Mail's website and it said to come back later for tracking. I was worried as this was not normal. I also noticed on the Post Office receipt that my local post office had put the incorrect postcode in, a '9' instead of '7'.

The next day I got an email from Apple saying that my rebate hasn't yet been received and they were sending a reminder email. I got worried as i'd already posted it a week ago. I went to the Apple Store and they told me that if I can provide the store with a letter from Royal Mail that the letter has been lost - they will give me the iPod rebate credit to me in-store (refund me £95 via my debit card). The staff at the Apple Retail store were really helpful - especially the manager.

I still had my printer rebate to post off so I done that the same day I went to the Apple Store and made sure that the Post Office put the right postcode in. In fact, Apple is to blame here as they are providing their old postcode which is invalid now and the updated one does indeed have a '9' instead of a '7'.

Got home from the Post Office, and received an e-mail to say that my iPod rebate had been received and processed. Was happy :)

All in all, wait a few more days - apparently the 'Back to School' team are extremely busy as the offer comes to a close. If you don't hear from them, go to your local store and speak to the manager - he/she will sort you out.

Hope this helps.

10. northy014 macrumors regular

Which is the correct rebate post code and address, just so I don't get it wrong? Thanks.

11. The Samurai thread starter macrumors 68000

The Samurai

The postcode which Apple provide is this: HR9 7WA. It should be HR9 9WA. The address which they provide is correct.

However, you shouldn't worry too much because the Post Office system picks up the new one automatically - I think.

12. IrI macrumors member

Is it possible to get a rebate for an iPod AND a printer?

How can I submit a claim for both when you need to attach original EAN labels for the Macbook Pro with each claim?

13. wallstreetcrash macrumors regular

I was told you can... I'd like to know too.

14. The Samurai thread starter macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Yes, you can apply for both.

When you apply for your printer rebate online - it gives you the option to tick the box which basically says you've already applied for another rebate and tells you to enter the reference number of that particular rebate so they can process your printer rebate.

Hope that makes sense.

15. calvin.tang macrumors newbie

I just wish to share this with you all!

I mailed in my rebate coupon by Special Delivery yesterday evening and suprisingly this morning when I wake up, they already informed me that claimed has been processed and they have mailed me the cheque which I should receive within the next 10 days! Awesome!!!

By the way, I am wondering what's the problem with Samurai's MacBook? Mind to share with us? I would like to know if I have same issue with you, just to make sure that MacBook has no known issue.

16. northy014 macrumors regular

Where's the link to the UK online ipod nano rebate application? Apple support doesn't seem to want to email me back.

17. rushmere macrumors 6502

rushmere

It's here

18. pinchez macrumors member

Can i just get confirmation from someone? Should i just use HR9 9WA instead of the one apple supplies?

Thanks

:)

19. radionickhead macrumors regular

I sent in my rebate yesterday...
    For both the ipod and printer..I didn't want to ruin my macbook box so I simply peeled the sticker off...
    I cut off the ipod/printer numbers though so they were sent with the cardboard..
    I posted 2 letters - concerning a question asked previously about claiming both rebates - I talked to apple before mailing my rebate and they told me to photocopy the macbook EAN numbers and let them know the original was forwarded to another rebate...
    I'm also a bit concerned about the whole process - I have a feeling it isn't going to go as smoothly as I would hope :/

20. rushmere macrumors 6502

rushmere

I applied for both of my rebates together as stated at the bottom of this FAQ here

21. The Samurai thread starter macrumors 68000

The Samurai

To be honest, I think this whole process can be made simpler. At present, its not and it doesn't go well with the whole 'Apple = simplicity".

22. badgerman macrumors 6502a

Totally agree, why cant you do it in store?

I sent my printer and ipod recorded to arrive on 30th oct, received the automated email this week not arrived....

I sent it to the 9 post code. will not be happy as didn't want either and will not sell them for the full amount...

23. The Samurai thread starter macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Yeah I got that too (not received automated e-mail) and then two days later I got another automated email saying its processed. I applied to the printer rebate a few days ago and received an automated e-mail yesterday saying its not yet been received... i'm hoping this is a glitch and that I should have a processed one either tonight or Monday.

Sent it recorded to cover my arse, better get these rebates back.

Can't believe they are advising people to send to old postcodes which aren't recognised by the post office anymore.

24. joelw87 macrumors member

I think I might have a problem too....

I submitted my claim for iPod and printer online 2 days ago the day I got my macbook, but when I check the status of the iPod claim it says We're sorry. This promotion is now closed and claims are no longer being accepted....

but when I check the printer it says that it being processed etc,

so I'm a bit worried here about the iPod claim... I bought the mac 3 weeks ago on 15th October, so it was within the back to school promo.

any ideas?

25. The Samurai thread starter macrumors 68000

The Samurai

As long as you bought your Mac before 31 Oct, your fine. The promotion team (back to school) are apparently 'really busy' at this point in time (think about it, offer ending and people putting their rebates through at last minute).

You'll hear from them in a few days. ;)