Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
able to select the iPad but not go to the Apple ID login page. the "limited quantities" has me worried.

Tom8

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
Online Store has gone down by the looks of it, i got the "We'll be back soon" post it note

khakilad

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2009
Ordered!

Managed to get through at my university! 64Gb 4G Black ordered for £639.60!

Payment site is very slow!

joesploggs

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
Got as far as selecting the smart cover now post-it note is back. Speaking of accessories... there was no reveal of the mystery accessory that was talked about in the last week?

nednarm

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2010
U.K
Made progress with the ios apple store app. Got to check out, then had a white screen for ages.

MikeWilson

macrumors 6502a
Wow, so clearly at least one order has gone through. I wonder therefore why the site was closed.

It's clearly getting thrashed and it's the same story every single time Apple open up for pre-orders. Why the 45th richest company in the world can't sort out their store for handling the volume of requests, I don't know...

Maybe the crashing and the fracas is all part of the experience :)

iMoo

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2010
Got to selecting iPad and then 32gb, but there was pictures and txt missing on the page but now its just store unavailable.

Still can't decide if should get 64gb...but think i will just get 32gb and save the extra £80 Just have to not have every free app on at once and streamline my ipad bit better.

Whats others getting this time around?

homeboy

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
London
Wow, so clearly at least one order has gone through. I wonder therefore why the site was closed.

It's clearly getting thrashed and it's the same story every single time Apple open up for pre-orders. Why the 45th richest company in the world can't sort out their store for handling the volume of requests, I don't know...

Maybe the crashing and the fracas is all part of the experience :)

I agree. They've got a stock pile of cash. Upgrade your servers already! :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.