Resolved Unable to Access Certain Websites

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nerdy Keith, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Nerdy Keith macrumors member

Nerdy Keith

I am using a MacBook Pro 2011 and I am having quite a few issues when accessing the web on it. I was advised to upgrade to the latest OS and I have done so. Took a while for any of my browsers to load up Twitter and Facebook. They finally do load now, although many of the images and profile icons do not display.

I've also noticed that certain news websites and short links from twitter will not load. I keep getting an error message telling me that its not a private connection

[​IMG]

I'm actually not sure if you can see this image as I can't get flicker to display the images correctly after I upload. So there is an attached file on this thread too. Do you have any suggestions to how I could resolve this issue?

Attached Files:

2. Audit13 macrumors 601

Audit13

3. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 68000

New_Mac_Smell

DNS settings? Have you set up a custom one on the computer, or router, or is your ISP just generally useless? Try a different browser as mentioned just to rule out Safari, could be a few things but reinstalling the OS is unlikely to do much to be honest, I'd peg my bet on some conflict with servers occurring.

4. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

What version of the OS are you using?
    What websites won't load? (how can we "experience what you're experiencing" without the opportunity to try it, as well?)

5. Nerdy Keith thread starter macrumors member

Nerdy Keith

Thanks everyone. I was having this issue on all browsers and I am using High Sierra. It seems it was in fact a dns issue. I managed to reset this via my network settings.

Everything seems to be working perfectly now. So happy to have things working properly again, I literally couldn’t access Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and various news websites and yet things were working find on my much older 2008 iMac. Glad I figured things out, thanks to you guys and some other forums I’m a member of.

Thanks again!