Unhappy People, what do you want?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bafrad, Jul 16, 2010.

1. bafrad macrumors newbie

Let's be strait up honest. If you are sitting here unhappy with what was said, you need to get a reality check.

1. The problem exists on every phone. Deal with it. They can't do anything to fix a problem that every phone has. It's that simple

So they admitted that they made it easier to interfere with the antenna, what do they do? They offer free cases to create a buffer zone from you and the antenna so it does not make it so easy to cause the problem to begin with. WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT THEM TO DO?

They have done exactly what needs to be done (I think more, as I've yet to even drop a call and I can be in some spotty AT&T coverage).

Let's not be stupid and realize they can't change the hardware on everyones phone, they can't move the antenna.... they provided a FREE solution, and they now offer the ability to customers who are still not happy (ie people who don't have a clue) to return their phone FREE.

You don't like the IPhone 4, speak with your wallet, return that **** and shut the **** up. Then you won't look so stupid by ranting incoherently on a forum.

Let's review again:
    1. Every Phone has this problem
    2. They admitted they made it easier for people to interfere with the antenna.
    3. They are now offering a free case for those who it bothers that they can easily interfere with the antenna.
    4. And if that doesn't satisfy you, you can now return the phone to let them know they are unhappy.

Pretty ****ing good to me.

2. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

All I ever wanted was SJ to be honest and treat his audience with genuine respect. But even the press conference was him treating us all like morons.

3. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

they want apple to recall the iphone, then close up shop and fail :eek:

4. bafrad thread starter macrumors newbie

based on most of the responses, they are morons.

In reality I think they were really honest with people which is more than you could say about a lot of companies.

5. Stay Tuned macrumors member

Simple: A phone that works as it was advertised to work, not some bandaid product.

6. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

I just want my iPhone 4 to work like my 3G did in not dropping calls. That is all I want.

7. bafrad thread starter macrumors newbie

It does work. If it doesn't work for some reason, return it, or get a replacement. Easy solution.

8. timerollson macrumors 65816

...to actually own one instead of being on a vague priority list for 2+ weeks. That'd be great.

9. Ganesha macrumors regular

$1,000,000,000. Because my iPhone4 made me miss a call from a rich Nigerian prince that offered me that much.

10. foot56 macrumors regular

Please show me a phone that drops calls simply by touching?

11. Venator macrumors newbie

A vapour-deposited, insulated yet transparent layer on the affected area. Simples.

12. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

If you want it to work like your 3G did, return it and go back to using your 3G.

13. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

If they didn't get what they want return the phone, plain and simple. Everyone is still in the 30 day return window. So return and get another phone.

14. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

Honestly, I would be exclaiming Apple's awesomeness if they would have(or next year announcement) told us that we could upgrade to the iPhone 5 at upgrade price next year for our troubles.
    This solution is okay, but I also like the coating idea.

15. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

too bad. The phone isn't a 3g, nor will it ever be.

16. intervenient macrumors 6502a

I want my phone to work without a case, and an honest, non-blame game answer from the most powerful tech company in the world.

17. Hooksta macrumors member

I have a 3G iPhone and have owned several Blackberry phones (work provided) over three networks (Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T) and NONE have dropped the signal like the iPhone 4 videos show because of the way I hold it. :confused:

18. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

A phone? That makes PHONE calls?

Yea, that would be cool....:cool:

19. King Luis macrumors 6502

hey look, another thread about something that has been posted. :rolleyes:

20. foot56 macrumors regular

21. nlpamg macrumors member

22. King Luis macrumors 6502

seems like its working for about 3 million people in what, 4 countries is it?

23. Yinmay macrumors regular

Could be pure speculation but I think that's why Steve Jobs said the "free bumper" ends on Sept 30. He said it's to "give us the opportunity to reassess".

Perhaps it's because all phones sold after that date will have an isolation layer that's being implemented in their production lines right now? I could be just fantasizing.

To the unsatisfied: there is no right to owning an iPhone. Unhappy? Return it. Nothing beats voting with your wallet. The new Motorola Droid is a very decent alternative.

24. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

25. foot56 macrumors regular

I think a lot of people are like me. They love their iphone 4 and wanted to see what Apple “solution” was to this problem. Offering a free bumper does not fix this issue, we know this. I still drop calls and data with the bumper. I was hoping for Apple to say something like “We know this is a problem and we are working on it. We released a software patch to start addressing this issue and for those who are still having problems we will allow you to send in your phone for a fix. We know there is a small amount of users that have this problem but we will take care of you.” However what we got was, “…well this is a problem and we are not going to really fix it. We heard bumpers help somewhat so we will just give you one of those for free.” I understand there are other phones and I might start looking those but for now I LOVE my iphone thus the reason I bought it. However, I still think Apple should stand up and fix this problem. No other phone drops calls and data simply by touching the side maybe doing the “death grip” sure but not by touching. In reality they rushed the phone and got burned.