Uninstalling apps in iOS

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by zoran, Aug 23, 2016.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

Is it possible to uninstall effectively an app in iOS?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Tap on the app icon and hold until the icon wiggles and then tap on the little 'x' that appears in the corner and that will uninstall the app.

3. zoran, Aug 26, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2016

zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Okay, in curious though, isn't there any other way to make a clean uninstallation? Or isn't there such a thing as a clean uninstall?

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

That is the way basically.

5. allaround macrumors newbie

What do you mean by a "clean uninstall"? When you uninstall the app in the way described above, all user data associated with the app gets deleted as well, so I don't think there is anything "unclean" about it.

6. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

Well aparently a "clean uninstallation" is a term that is mostly used in the OSX so I guess I was looking for something similar

7. gaanee macrumors 6502a

Earlier I had read that when you delete an app by long pressing on it and tapping 'x', it just removes it from the home screen but the space is not freed-up until you sync through iTunes next time, not sure if this is still the same.
    I usually prefer to install or delete apps by syncing with iTunes.

What do you mean by clean uninstall? may be that will make it clear

8. sparksd macrumors 65816

The app space is freed up with the long-press and tapping "x", an iTunes synch is not required.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

App, app data, and space associated with it are all part of deleting/uninstalling an app in iOS by tapping and holding and then using the 'X'