MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

211038-macbookpro61.jpg

Applesfera reports on the discovery of support files for unreleased MacBook Pros in the latest Mac OS X 10.6.2 developer builds. The 10C531 build was first seeded to developers just a few days ago, and appears to include references to MacBook Pro 6,1 and MacBook Pro 6,2 models that have not yet been released.

Meanwhile, the latest shipping MacBook Pros carry a 5,x model number designation. The MacBook Pros were last updated in June 2009 and have not been rumored to see any imminent updates. Previous reports, however, have suggested that suitable Nehalem (Core i7) based processors could be feasible for MacBook Pros by late 2009/early 2010.

Most expect that Apple's next major notebook update will include these next-generation processors that have already found their way into the Mac Pro and iMac product lines. Traditionally, the MacBook Pro and iMac lines have been very closely linked in capabilities due to their similarly slim designs.

Article Link: Unreleased MacBook Pro 6,1 and 6,2 Referenced in Mac OS X 10.6.2

Nobita

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2008
La la land
They updated Macbooks, but not Macbook Pros right? Would love to see price drop on the 15" and 17" as well.

BTW Intel i5 and i7 would be very great on MBPs!

P.S. Is the black Friday sale this Friday for you guys in the US as well? I'm looking for a good iPod deal...

Comment

some12b

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2008
Do you guys think USB 3 is going to accompany whatever update there is in the Jan 2010 window?

Comment

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
They might upset people who JUST upgraded because every update makes their machines break.
This is nothing new. People that want the latest Mac will just keep buying the latest Mac.

I still have my Late 2007 Macbook because well Apple hasn't made anything worth my money in a long time. Regardless this doesn't keep me from wanting Apple to release the best products they can. Their notebooks were rather competitive in the Core 2 + 9400M G space around $999 but Clarksfield is out now. Also the previous generation MacBook was better.

Because arn hasn't updated the MacRumors servers to handle the 455345934534 threads regarding the MacBook vs. MacBook Pro.
Oh I've seen them load balance quite nicely before.

Comment

pilotgi

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2002
I don't think they're going to release new MacBook Pros until the 32nm Nehalems are available.

Comment

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
i feel like they only JUST updated their macbook and macbook pro lines.

Yeah...in June. Things are gettng really competitive with Win7.

Also nVidia can't use their chipsets with the new Core i5/i7 due to legal tangles with Intel. Intel's integrated graphics are something like half the speed of the 9400m, so I'm expecting (and looking forward to) dedicated graphics in the 13" MBP. I'm not buying until the 13" gets a little more muscle. Dedcated graphics are more important than ever for future proofing with Leopard and the magic that it can do with Open CL.

I also wish they would add the option to have two hard drives on the MBP in place of the SuperDrive. In addition, I didn't think they were going to update the MBP until lightpeak was available in early 2010?

Comment

designgeek

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2009
"Town"
Wouldn't it be kind of weird updating them this shortly after updating the iMacs? Plus they were just updated only four months ago... Anyway, I like the idea of a quad core MBP.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.