Upgrade to iphone 7 or wait for 8?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by raming15, Jun 9, 2017.

  1. raming15 macrumors newbie


    Jun 9, 2017
    I currently have an iphone 5s, and it is complete junk. Sometimes it will die at 100%, 5 minutes after taking it off the charger. I had a 6+ but dropped it in water so had to go back to this phone, which i have to charge atleast 3 times a day. Do i uprgrade to the iphone 7, or drag this phone until the iphone 8?
  2. QzzB macrumors regular


    Mar 7, 2015
    Always the same with phone upgrades. If its a inconvenience or its something you can't live with, then upgrade. If not, then hold out a bit longer and see what the iPhone 8 is like.

    Price of the 7 might come down and might not be anything that you like in the 8, so good idea to wait if you can hold out. If its just unusable for you, then just upgrade. If you wait or not, in a years time you will be in the same situation where a new phone is coming out. If you get a 7 now, average contract is a 24 month (if you dont pay outright) for 12 if you get Apple Upgrade, then just skip the 8, and upgrade to the 8S/9 or whatever it will be.

    Thats how I have always looked at phones. You will always miss out on something or one model inbetween so upgrade when you just can't handle it anymore.
  3. asleep macrumors 68040


    Sep 26, 2007
  4. ACG12 macrumors 6502a

    Jun 9, 2015
    I would look for a retailer selling one at a discount and upgrade. I paid $479 for mine from Best Buy, about half of what an 8 is probably going to retail for when it finally arrives.
  5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

    Relentless Power

    Jul 12, 2016
    At this junction, unless you can find a steep discount on the iPhone 7, I would wait for the iPhone 8. It's under three months until the launch. The iPhone 7 is a great iPhone, but being the iPhone 8 is looking promising, you might regret not waiting.

    However, if you are in need of an iPhone currently, the iPhone 7 would still be my choice over any current iPhone available.
  6. yanki01 macrumors 68040


    Feb 28, 2009
    maybe pay for a battery swap and wait for the 8? i'm contemplating that on my iP6 because it's horrible also but we're pretty close. i've held off on numerous of attempts to buy a decent 6s+ until the 8 but ultimately made the decision to wait. surly it will be worth it.
  7. Brandonjr36 macrumors 68000


    Sep 12, 2016
    What carrier do you have? They have a prepaid iPhone se on sale at Walmart for $159 you could buy it and probably get close to that back out of it when the 8 launches. In good condition of course.
  8. democracyrules macrumors 6502a

    Nov 18, 2016
    Totally agree with the above comment. The comment is wise.

Share This Page